22 Coconut Drive, San Pedro, Belize

Costs 21% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Victoria House

Marvelous, incredible and amazing

by TripAdvisor Member ICRohe

We traveled to VH for our honeymoon and it was amazing. My husband and I are both world travelers and nothing compares to VH or Belize. The staff was very accommodating and kind. Whether you would like information about Belize, to a drink by the pool or to reserve a trip to the ruins, VH attends to your every need. We received fresh flowers in our room almost every day and Manuel a member of the VH staff was especially wonderful and knowledgeable.

We enjoyed every minute of our honeymoon. Snorkeling at the reef, swimming with turtles, and hiking the ruins, were some of the highlights of our time in Belize. Our honeymoon ended with a sunset cruise with Geraldo (a wonderful and hilarious man), to a restaurant to the north part of the island.

You do not have to be a diver to travel to Belize. There are plenty of things to do or not do!! VH was extremely relaxing with no TV’s or Telephone, one can really escape the hustle and bustle of a busy life. My husband and I truly enjoyed traveling in September since it was low season and not a lot of crowds. For anyone enjoying a get away, Victoria House, Belize is the place to be. This place is so perfect; we are coming back next year for our anniversary!

My wedding at Victoria House was perfect!

by TripAdvisor Member dtryba

My husband and I were married at the Victoria House on Ambergris Caye, Belize on 8-6-05. I couldn't have dreamed of a more perfect day, at a more perfect and picturesque venue! The resort is so beautiful and classy -there is no other like it on the island. They really catered to my every whim - and those of my guests, and went above and beyone our expectatations. As a nervous bride, planning a wedding in another country, they made me feel totally at ease that everything would go perfectly - and it did! Liz took care of everyone's reservations, sometimes fielding a barrage of calls from my guests who'd never traveled out of the country - all with such patience!!! And Javier took care of every little detail of my wedding and really made sure that it would be everything that we hoped for. His patience is amazing, and his attention to detail made the day perfect.
And the food! The food there is amazing - Amy the chef is unbelievable. Normally you go to weddings and the food is always just okay - especially if it is for a large group....well, not at Victoria House - and I had a sit down dinner for 45 people! Our chocolate wedding cake was amazing - many people commented that it was the best wedding cake they had ever tasted!

If you are dreaming of a destination wedding in Belize, or just a beautiful place to have a nice vacation in Ambergris, Victoria House is the only way to go!
Donna and Andy Tryba
Houston, Tx

by abramsonthego about Victoria House, Ambergis Caye

We read nothing but great reviews about this place and I pretty much agree. The only thing I would recommend is that one don't stay in the thatched roof accommodations if you are concerned about wildlife or insects coming into your room. It seems like such a cool and romantic idea, but don't do it. The roofs do not give you complete coverage as you can see light from the inside of the room coming in from where the thatch meets the concrete building. Without going into details, I will just say that we ran into a few "critters" during our 4 day stay. The food is wonderful, but very expensive. It is isolated (which we liked) and away from town. You probably won't swim in the ocean there, but sitting next to the pool looking at the ocean all day is a fantastic experience. When we return we will probably stay in one of the buildings and not in a casita. Beautiful pool and view. They organize your snorkeling tours and pick you up right there at he hotel. There aren't a ton of people there as it is a small hotel. People seem to go back there every year and the staff seems to be the same. I loved this place and didn't think it was very expensive for what we got.

At your service

by kyoub about San Pedro

The one night that we wanted to get dressed up and go somewhere special, we chose the Victoria House.
As the name implies, it is a pretty Victorian House, on a nice stretch of beach.
We called to ask their hours of serving dinner, they asked where we were staying, then they sent a car to pick us up.
That is service.

My,my,my...

by TripAdvisor Member JWINDY

Often times descriptions and even photographs of a destination (hotel, resort, cruise ship) get exaggerated by marketing and publicity people. Let me assure you that is absolutely not the case with Victoria House, Ambergris Caye or Belize.
My new wife and I honeymooned at Victoria House from 8-29-05 to 9-5-05 and are still stunned by our experience. We stayed in a Plantation Room. The staff at Victoria House provides such outstanding yet not in-your-face service. The resort is impeccably maintained and the food is absolutely wonderful.
Anything you want to do or need can be taken care of by the front desk.
Stone and Kenny and the rest of the bartenders will seem like long time friends before you leave.
This was the most relaxing 7 days of our lives that we can remember.

This is the place to stay

Ahh the Victoria House. The grounds and rooms are picture perfect. It was everything you would imagine in the word "paradise". The food was delicious and the staff is great. We stayed there on and off due to Hurricane Emily (we had to evacuate to the mainland), so I wished we could have stayed longer. After staying at the Victoria House, it will be tough to stay anywhere else on the island,

Perfection!

by TripAdvisor Member Minette_Layne

I stayed at the Victoria House for eight days at the beginning of December 2005 and can't recommend it highly enough.

I stayed in a casita (No. 2) and a plantation room (No. 24) and ended up having a slight preference for the plantation room because of the larger bathroom, superior air conditioning, and lovely balcony patio. If you choose to stay in a plantation room, try to book one of the upper rooms so that you have a balcony with a bit of a view. The casitas are also quite beautiful and offer the feeling of a bit more privacy. If you choose to stay in a casita, ask to be booked in a newer one and avoid #5. I think that the person who wrote a negative review about the Victoria House might have stayed in that casita. It's older and doesn't have the same comfortable feeling as the newer ones do.

The food was terrific, the service couldn't have been better, and the atmosphere is refined and relaxed.

Don't think twice - go to Victoria House.

Beyond Expectations

by TripAdvisor Member nikandads

We quickly discovered that Victoria House is the best hotel in the San Pedro area. The food was incredible, the hotel beautiful and the staff was fantastic. Service was amazing. As the first destination on our honeymoon it was exactly what we were hoping for. We went diving, used the bikes and rode all through town, relaxed, swam and enjoyed drinks by the pool. We strongly recommend the hotel and hope to return.

Everything we expected and more...

by TripAdvisor Member tmm03

We visited Ambergris Caye and Victoria House right before Christmastime and it was the perfect pre-holiday getaway. I couldn't get over how TRUE to form everything was - it was exactly as pictured on their website and as other users spoke of. Even better, in fact. The service was IMPECCABLE and everyone was incredibly polite, friendly and helpful.

We stayed in a Casita for four nights and in the Rainforest Suite for three nights. I highly recommend both - the private full deck of the Rainforest Suite was a great luxury. I would have been happy in the casita for all seven nights - very comfy and nice to have your own little "house". I think that both are a more "island-like" option versus the Plantation Rooms, which seemed more like hotel rooms with an island feel.

Although there is some of the world's best diving in Belize, you don't have to be a diver to enjoy the island. The waters are calm, so you can see just as much from snorkeling.

VH is about a 15 min golf cart ride from the main town of San Pedro and they have carts for you to rent. There are also complimentary bikes that you can use to ride into the town. Town is very small, but a fun little place to walk around.

The staff at VH was so helpful in arranging transportation to the city and various sites and outings. We did the Lamanai Mayan ruins, some snorkeling at Hol Chan and rented a waverunner in town. (VH arranged all but the waverunner).

We didn't do it, but I would recommend the fishing. Another couple had a successful day on the seas and had fresh ceviche that they shared with everyone at the bar that night! Yum!

If you're looking for a quiet, laid back place to stay on the island, look no further. VH is the tops when it comes to comfort and relaxation.

We saw some of the other resorts and none seemed to be as convenient or as nice as VH. VH had its own wonderful personality and I highly recommend it.

A word to the wise...bring BUG spray! The sand fleas and mosquitos are vicious! :)

A few other notes - there are no phones or TVs in the rooms. If you need something from the front desk, you need to take a trek over to the main office - it's a short stroll away, so it's not a big deal. They will, however, bring anything to your room, you just need to make a trip over to the main office. We were late eaters and twice, they prepared dinner for us after the "official" hours (kitchen closes at 9pm). We also brought an iPod with a speaker, which was a nice luxury to have in the Casita. The Rainforest Suite has a stereo and CD player.

If you want a hot tub, there is one with Casa Azul and they do rent individual rooms in that building, pending availability.

Enjoy La Isla Bonita!

AMBERGRIS CAYE

by latin_america_junkie

"Ambergris Caye in June"

What a beautiful island paradise! The beaches are gorgeous here, even though multiple hotels line the shore, the employees can be found raking up the ocean ruffiage every morning to keep them pristine looking. My husband and I went on a snorkeling tour to Hol Chan Marine Reserve and then to Shark Ray Alley. I thought our guide was kidding when he told us to jump in with the sharks, but after realizing he wasn't, I said a little pray and took the plunge. Even though it rained on us (as it did practically the whole trip), we saw a ton of marine life, including eels, many colorful fish, sea urchins, and a sting ray. It was fantastic!

I dragged my husband around the island, inspecting different hotels in the area and resorts. By the way, one of the best resorts i think i found on the island (and many claim to be resorts, when they are not even close) was Victoria House, you can see pics here:Victoria-House. I had to go visit it as a site inspection trip, and it was fantastic! The grounds were so nicely landscaped, and even their basic rooms very luxurious. I wish that my husband and I had decided to stay here as part of our tour in Belize!

We continued to rent bikes for very inexpensive, and ride along the shore back to town from the resort,stopping at a beachfront restaurant for food along the way. I was a little surprised at how many different restaurant options the island actually offers.

Unfortunately, my camera wigged out on me and all our pics from Ambergris got deleted, except for the underwater disposable pictures which are not digital, so no pictures for this page!

WHat is your favorite hotel in Ambergris Caye?

by onlyonestamp

I know that Victoria House is popular, but I think my fiancee would go crazy without a TV at night! Thanks for your suggestions and opinions!

RE: WHat is your favorite hotel in Ambergris Caye?

by katievalk

Another nice, but more remote inn without a pool but with tv and a/c is Portofino on the north side of the island. VH is pretty fantastic though and might be about the best in the country.

30-something female travelling solo to Belize

by leastpond

I will be travelling to Belize for 11 days in July and wanted to know of suggestions for places to stay in ambergris caye. I was tempted by Journey's End but then read some had reviews. I want to be near town but also am looking for a bit of tranquility and resort ambiance. I also want to dive for a good portion of the time. Any suggestions?

by Lifesabeach

You might want to check out Victoria House in Amergris Caye at Victoria-House.com. It has great ratings, and there are a variety of room types/prices. I am actually getting married there next year, but would definitely have considered it for a long vacation. It's about 2 miles from town, but they give you a bike to use during your stay, or you can rent a golf cart, or just walk down the beach into town. I had initially looked into Ramon's Resort, thinking I wanted to stay closer to town, but staying too close to town might not be a good move either. I read that the beaches get crowded there since it is so close to town, which won't give you much tranquility. By the way, Ramon's had received some poor ratings, in case you were looking at that resort. Good luck, and enjoy your time in Ambergris Caye...

by clmetal

we got back yesterday and we stayed at Banana Beach. We thought the hotel was a bargain - nice, big, great pools and great free breakfast. They pay for a cab each way from the airport.

Only thing we did not love was the location, kind of far from the center. And in that area, the streets are an unpaved nightmare.

by grovier

Hi!
The Sunbreeze is a good ratio, just in front of the "airport", and near the "harbour"...and its the best restaurant of the island...

Comments