Hopkins Village, Box 49, Stann Creek District, Dangriga, Stann Creek, Belize

Expedia.com Tingo.com Hotels.com

• HasTowelWillTravel's Profile Photo

Beautiful Luxury Accommodations

We received a 5-day, 4-night stay at Belizean Dreams as a wedding gift from my aunt, and it was a perfect way to kick-start our honeymoon in Belize. There is virtually nothing to complain about for this wonderful hotel. The staff are accommodating, gracious, and bend over backwards to help meet and exceed your expectations. The restaurant serves up delicious regional and international fare. The bar is right on the beach, with free kayak and bike rentals to explore the water and the town (just up the road or down the beach).

Our room was a beautiful upper-floor suite, with a wide spacious bed and balcony overlooking the central garden of the hotel. The suites had no TV (a minor complaint, we found reading, relaxing, and going into town we didn't miss having TV at all), but were beautifully appointed, and each morning the staff did some cool towel-sculptures to compliment the room even more. AC and fans were stationed around to keep the temperature even.

The restaurant, while a bit expensive for Belize, was delicious, with rotating 3-course dinners every night. They even offered to host a romantic dinner on the beach, isolated from the restaurant, for a quiet night together.

And when going into town, we took the bikes (for free) and had the opportunity to rent the small golf cart (for US$25 for 2-hours). They had great suggestions for places to eat and drink and dance in Hopkins, and could help schedule jungle hikes, zip-lining, diving, any adventure you could dream up. It was an amazing visit, we hated to leave, and will surely be back soon!

More about Belizean Dreams

Where and when in Belize

by Jfontes

I am hoping to visit Belize this year. When is the best time to go and where is the best place to visit? How should we plan our trip if we bounce around the country? Any and all advice is welcome. Thanks.

RE: Where and when in Belize

by bminorca

Caye Caulker and Ambergris Caye are nice. You can also use Ambergris Caye as a base to visit some Maya ruins.

RE: RE: Where and when in Belize

by Travmad

Depending on what your looking for. I just returned from Tobacco Caye and enjoyed the four days I spent there. It's very low key compared to Caye Caulker as well as far less expensive. If you are to go to the south to Punta Gorda you can take short tours to Blue creek and don't miss a douri ride up the Columbia river to it's source. You will be stunned by the water bubbling out of the ground to feed the river plus as your swimming around just drink the water it wonderfully refreshing. Try not to spend any time in Belize City. It is not a very nice place to be at all. It is a Sh1t hole and I am being polite about that. If I can give any more help just email me.
Jim

by kptmct

We are going June 2-9 to Belizean Dreams near Dandrigia...don't know ANYTHING about the place...If anyone who's been there / done that - could advise "must dos" while we are there for the week - please advise! Do we need a car? I hope not. We want to snorkel from the beach and then do some cave snorkeling. Should we book tours ourselves or use the hotel concierge? Is the water / food safe or should we take major precautions? thanks -M

by Travmad

I've not been at that resort but I would imaging the water is good to drink. The resort I'm sure offers loads of activities to occupy your time. Although look around on others Belize pages here on VT you may find some interesting side trips to take.

by crudenator

The beaches and waters are wonderful. Aside from that Caracol ruins are nice, so are Xanantunich's.

Comments