Hopkins/Sittee River Road, Hopkins Village, Hopkins, Belize

More about Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort

First Rate!

Everything about our stay at Hamanasi was first rate! We anticipated a professionally run resort after the office staff so willingly and promptly answered every e-mail and made the necessary transportation arrangements for us without hassle.
The PADI Dive operation is excellent; all the Divemasters and boat captains are professional, friendly, and focus on safety while showing the divers all the best sealife and coral.
The inland adventures were also wonderful. Our 2 guides were highly knowledgeable about the river, jungle, and all its flora and fauna.
The rooms are large, clean, comfortable and private. The resort grounds are clean and beautiful. The service was excellent from the housekeeping staff to the office staff to the wait staff.
The food is delicious! Different menus every night for dinner; enjoyed every meal!
We were most impressed by the fact that everyone we met who works at Hamanasi introduced themselves, wanted our names, and REMEMBERED our names the whole week!

We had a terrific time and would choose Hamanasi again for our next trip to Belize!

Fabulous resort and Excellent Diving!

by TripAdvisor Member luvcotons

My husband and I just got back from a wonderful week stay at Hamanasi. We would most definitely recommend the resort to anyone looking for an intimate stay at a remote location. From the minute we arrived to the minute we left, the hotel staff attended to all of our needs. The staff made sure to know all the guests by first name.
We loved our beachfront room. Literally, you open the door and fall onto the beach. The rooms are very spacious with a comfortable king size bed. All rooms have AC and fans. The bathroom has beautiful mosaic tile with plenty of hot water.
We chose the Reef and Rainforest package. We thought the food was nice and fresh with enough variety.
We dove 4 days and went to the Mayan Ruins another day. The dive shop is first rate. At Hamanasi, you never touch your gear from the minute you drop it off in the dive shop until you pick the gear up at the end of the trip. The dive masters were knowledgeable, attentive, and tried their hardest to point out different sea life.
Overall, we had a terrific experience at Hamanasi and will return. Just remember to bring bug spray with Deet.

HAMANASI ROCKS !!! THIS REVIEW COVERS BOTH TRIPS '04-'05

I can't stop thinking about BOTH trips to Belize in April '04 and April '05. Thanks so much to Karin, Jerome, Shawn (C-Dog), Lucky, Big Eric, Neal, Brian, and the rest of the incredible dive crew!!! You guys are the best out there doing it! No diver should ever complain about anything after diving here, except for having to leave and go home! Everything was wonderful from the diving at the Barrier Reef, Glover's Reef, the Whale Shark diving, down to the horseback riding through the jungle and climbing to the top of waterfalls and getting the chance to swim in the pool at the top! I miss Belize everyday that I'm alive, and can't wait to go back. I wish sometimes that I could drop everything and get on a plane and move to Belize for good! Lol! The food is excellent, the weather and the views like true heaven on earth! I fell in love with Belize from my first trip back in '04, so I had to go back in '05. The Whale Sharks were incredible (saw 7 on one dive alone!) All the wildlife in the jungle, and the marine life on the reefs were all just mindblowing, and lets us all see just how small we humans really are in the bigger scheme of life. Anyone interested in Belize, stay away from the city and Ambergris! Head down south to true paradise at Hopkins Village and Hamanasi.

Brian Ward
Jaguar Reef/Hamanasi Apr '04 & Apr '05

Honeymoon at Hamanasi

My husband and I learned to scuba dive on our honeymoon at Hamanasi. What a bonding experience to learn to dive together and I can't imagine having done it anywhere else but at Hamanasi. I can't say enough about how excellent the dive crew is and that the diving experience was life changing. I was very scared of scuba diving, but the staff is so professional, they put my mind at ease. Now I am a diver! We also loved the intimate and relaxed home-like feeling the resort has at Hamanasi. The staff and food were excellent every night. The treehouse and honeymoon suite were perfect and very comfortable. We are looking forward to going back soon. Oh and don't pass up the Mayan Ruin tour!

Happy at Hamanasi!

My husband and I spent a wonderful week at Hamanasi in April. It exceeded all of our expectations. The people of Belize are bright, friendly and welcoming and the staff at the resort exemplify this perfectly. From the minute that we were met by Heartfield's smiling face at the Dangriga airport to our farwell hug from Stephanie on our last day we were part of the Hamanasi family. We loved the small size of the resort and really enjoyed getting to know our fellow guests, I see some of my new friends in the reviews on this site. The food is excellent and the dining environment is lovely. We stayed in an Oceanfront room, it was beautiful and had a great bed! Big balcony and lots of hardwood and tile accents, very very nice. When we arrived there were flowers decorating our room and a welcome message written on a large leaf, we knew we were in for a great week. The grounds are incredible, with a long beach, forested trails and buildings nestled into the natural surroundings.
The main attraction for us? Diving! And it was awesome. We truly enjoyed the dive shop team, they were all professional, fun-loving and made the trips even better. If you dive you must dive Glover's Reef Atoll, it is an upgrade but you do not want to miss it. These were among the best dives we've ever done, especially South Caye Wall where white sand slopes down to huge coral heads, swim throughs and a sheer drop-off. We also went whale shark "hunting". The leviathans did not cooperate but it was still an exciting day - imagine jetting across the Caribbean with a couple other boats looking for flocks of birds that might indicate where the sharks are - then you hear a divemaster yell - "Get your snorkle gear on there is one right off the boat!" Well that one got away but it was still a thrill. Hanging in the deep deep blue waiting for these creatures was quite exhilarating. The day was capped off by a beautiful sunset as our boat raced back "home". Diving the Southern Barrier reef was also great, two particular highlights for us were the spotted eagle rays and seahorses. But all your reef friends are there - including the indigenous whitelined toadfish, spotted drums, nurse sharks, turtles, lobster, angel fish, rays, etc.
We did one jungle tour and that was the Maya ruin trip - do not miss this one! We went with a small group and had the ruins to ourselves, they were breath-taking and still relatively undeveloped (compared to somewhere like Chichen Itza) - a plus for us. Junior was our tour guide - his knowledge enhanced the trip greatly. The resort provides a delicious lunch and lots of water but bring your sunblock.
So in a nutshell... Hamanasi is a special place and you should go! We'll be back...
Jen & Tom, Calgary Canada

Good Vacation

We recently stayed at the Hamanasi and overall enjoyed our stay. The staff are excellent, the resort and rooms are very nice and the food (although limited in choice) is good.

I would recommend this place with a couple of caveats. If you're expecting the beautiful water of the caribbean, you have to go out on a boat to really experience it. The ocean here is protected by the reef and therefore has a lot of seagrass ,is quite silty and in places the beach has a lot of trash (although not adjacent to the resort, where they clean).

Also the village of Hopkins is extremely run down and trash is strewn everywhere. However, the people are very friendly and it is worth a walk into town at night.

I do disagree with an earlier poster regarding the food at Jaguari reef. We had dinner there twice and the food in my opinion was better than at Hamanasi.

Adventure Honeymoon is the way to go

My wife and I couldn't have loved our Honeymoon at Hamanasi any more than we did! The resort, the staff, the food, and the ADVENTURES were all top-notch. If you want a great mix of things to do and a relaxing environment, then Hamanasi is for you. Hiking, caving, snorkling/diving, sightseeing... so much to do during the day, and then relax poolside by mid-afternoon, finishing up nightly with a great meal.

The staff are so friendly and helpful that you feel as if you have made a bunch of new friends by the time you leave. And the adventure guides (we had Pedro and Golden almost every day) are knowlegeable to a fault. And they are as eager to speak to you about where you are from during the drive to and from each destination. Such nice guys.

Thanks again everyone, and we look forward to our return one day.
~ Eric and Meredith Norlander. NY, NY. USA

Great Vacation!

Our family, seven people in all, thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Hamanasi. From the time we were picked up at the airport at Dangriga until we returned, we were amazed at the personal attention we received from all the staff. Greeted by fresh flowers and a personal note, both the beachfront room and the private treehouse provided spacious, beautiful, and well furnished accommodations. The food, the presentation, the dining atmosphere, and the service were superb. The grounds are beautiful and well maintained, with a variety of tropical plants and flowers.
There were plenty of activities to choose from. We chose the Mayan Ruins tour, the Mayflower Jungle and Waterfall hike, and snorkeling. Each trip had excellent guides who provided information with a personal touch. Our children enjoyed kayaking up the beach and observed various kinds of marine life. One of the highlights was riding bicycles into Hopkins to shop, site-see, and to stop by King Kassava's for a drink and to listen to live Hopkins Garifuna drummers. The people of Hopkins were very friendly and helpful.
Hamanasi rates as one of our favorite vacations ever!
The Mobleys: Trent, Teresa, Matthew, Melissa, John Mark, Leah & Sarah
Fayette, Alabama and Nashville, Tennessee.

Great Adventure

by TripAdvisor Member DiveFun

The Hamanasi exceed all of our expectations. Staff was great, adventures were well done. The snorkling and diving is some of the best in the world. Lots of sea life to see. I made this trip with my 12 year old daughter and we both had an excellen time. We are from Seattle and my daughter tells me that she is a warm water diver now. The dive staff did a great job. The horse back ride into the jungle mountains was really an adventure to remember. This area of Belize is well located away from the crowds, yet cental to all of the activities. The village of Hopkins was very friendly and fun to explore. We sent down some school supplies which were very much needed and appreciated, please do the same. If you are into diving or just snorkling this is a "must go to."

Love Hamanasi

We just returned from a week in a treehouse at Hamanasi. We had such a wonderful time that it was difficult to come home. We immediately started planning our next vacation there!!! The staff and management are wonderful. Everyone takes such a personal interest in each guest and makes sure that you are having a truly unique experience!! The grounds are beautiful and the dining is exceptional!! I would definatley recommend this to all of my family and friends!

Comments