18 Pebbles Way, Smith Cove, George Town, Grand Cayman, KY1-1106, Caribbean

Expedia.com Hotels.com Venere.com

Satisfaction Average

• NJDivegirl's Profile Photo

Great affordable accomodations

We spent two nights here before our Aggressor trip. rooms were clean and convenient. We were able to walk, albeit a long walk, into town.

Property has a pool and is well kept.

We would stay here again in a similar situation however if we were staying longer we may opt for a bigger resort.

• Reality check!

If you choose to stay here, just know what you are getting into and you'll be fine. But go with high expectations and you'll be disappointed. Based on the earlier reviews, I was expecting something other than what I got. I knew the location was not near 7-mile beach but was optimistic about Smith Cove. But it is so small, it fits in 1 photo! At least, the ironshore and marine life that gets trapped in it is very cool. I also knew that the B&B was in a Cayman neighborhood and not a resort area but wow...I wasn't prepared for the bare minimum! I was expecting this B&B to be like a typical US B&B. It is not! The rooms were clean but was not warm and welcoming. We never even met Tootie until the end of our 2nd day. She IS very nice and we thought SHE was great, but we had unrealistic expectations of the accomodations. We did indeed get a free trip to Stingray City which was great. We did have to pay for a taxi there and back but the trip itself was free and one of the highlights of our stay. Now, breakfast! Substantial? HARDLY! I wasn't expecting a lot, just a few choices of homemade goodies. Instead, EVERY morning was the same thing;white or wheat thawed sliced bread next to a toaster with bowls of margarine and jam and a tiny apple. THAT's ALL! We got so tired of our piece of bread and apple to start the day that we hit a grocery store on our way to 7-mile beach to get a few different things. I guess what I am saying is...don't expect breakfast at this "bed and breakfast"! As for service, you get nothing you don't ask for. We were there 5 days and our room was never cleaned once or checked for any needs. We had to request more toilet paper and clean towels which they were glad to get for us but again, we had to ask. I hope I don't sound too harsh about this B&B. I am just trying to give a more realistic picture using my own experience. The people there are all very nice and we truely enjoyed them. We just wish we hadn't gone completely off of the prior reviews.

Comments