Grand Caymanian Beach Club & Resort

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 29% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• KiKitC's Profile Photo

Great Location for Snorkeling

It's hard not to find a place without a view, and the Grand Caymanian didn't hold anyhting back. We visited the resort before Hurricane Ivan forced a remodeling, but I'm sure it would be just as great afterward.

The resort is located in Safe Harbor, across from the 7 mile beach. I would suggest renting a car, for the road into Safe Harbor takes a couple of minutes.

Unique Quality: The resort has its own beach on the gulf side in Safe Harbor. A dock jets out from the beach, with fantastic snorkleing at the end. Water depth at the end of the dock was shallow (10-15 feet), but only 50 feet or so from the dock, the floor drops right off, and the life around this shelf is abundant.

A great secret: the snorkleing trip out of this resort is the best! The boat leaves the dock early. With under 15 people, we were the first and only boat out the Stingray City, and we swam alone with the stingrays for a good half hour before the cruise boat crowd rolled in by the boatfuls. We picked up anchor and moved out to the reef, where again we get our privacy. The captain knew where local morays and sharks rested, making a great show. You do not have to stay at this resort to sign up for their trip. I recommend it.

Directions: Safe Harbor - If you stay here, renting transportation provides more attraction access.

More about Grand Caymanian Beach Club & Resort

Stingray City - Without the Crowd?

by KiKitC

I'll let you in on a secret. If you are staying on the island, and want to go out to Stingray City and more great snorkleing, head over to the Grand Caymanian Resort in Safe Harbor. You do not have to stay at this resort to go on their trip. The boat leaves the resort dock early (Ithink it was 8) with less than 15 people. We were the first and only boat out a Stingray City for a good half hour before the cruise boat tours arrived, and soon there were hundreds in the water. Once the crowds arrived, we pulled up anchor and moved out to the reef, with breathtaking snorkeling. The captain knew where local morays and sharks hung out, so we were treated to a show.

We stayed there before Hurrican Ivan. I know the reosrt is undergoing renovation due to the storm, and I hope they keep the same tour schedlue. Next time I head to the islands, I will go out with their tour again.

View from Grand Caymanian ResortView from Grand Caymanian Resort

Grand Caymanian

by KeyWestConch

My fiance' and I will be staying at the Grand Caymanian Oct. 4th. I will need to attend to some work via internet while I'm there. Does this resort offer wireless internet & if so, is there a fee?

Also, how much is the boat trip from the Grand Caymanian dock to Stingray City & the reef?

Re: Grand Caymanian

by carteki

I don't know about the hotel, but there are a number of tours to Stingray city. The prices were fairly reasonable when I was there for a good days outing. Enjoy.
Kim