Lacovia Condos

PO Box 32309, Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Caribbean

More about Lacovia Condos

Lovely Seven Mile BeachLovely Seven Mile Beach

JumpingJENNYSTRAVELS, Grand Cayman IslandsJumpingJENNYSTRAVELS, Grand Cayman Islands

Stingrays underwaterStingrays underwater

Pasta platePasta plate

Best for two peope for two weeks? Hotel or 1BR rental on 7 mile beach

by emersonsf

We are very interested in checking out Grand Cayman to see if we could buy a condo to use 4 months out of the year. to do this we would want to stay somewhere we could walk like to shops and restaurants, grocery store etc. We would appreciate any help or suggestions. We are planing on going to Grand Cayman in May after the season is over this year.
Thanks
JP and Doris

RE: Best for two peope for two weeks? Hotel or 1BR rental on 7 mile beach

by Sergeyu

Grand Cayman is costy, I assume you know that and budget is not a restriction :)

From teh pint of view of proximity to some shops and shopping arcade , tehn I think the best is Hyatt.

Still that is not the Georgetown center, so if you wih to get into the business cneter then you will have take a lonegr walk or short hop with a taxi.

As for the beach, I'd still prefer Westin Casuarina, but it will require a bit longer walk or taxi drives to places of interest.

I've been personally in both hotels , and in general I apprecaited both of them, leaving reservation that on an any island difficult top find a top perefct things.

Near Hyatt therte are slightly cheaper Lacovia condos, I did not stay there , but was thinking about possible stay in the future - location is the same as Hyatt. Hyatt or Westin if you do not get promo proce in two weeks surely will cost a lot.

RE: Best for two peope for two weeks? Hotel or 1BR rental on 7 mile beach

by RudyLulu

We are just back from a week there - stayed at the Marriott resort, but walked up the beach every day. Lacovia is very attractive and we actually met a woman who owns a unit there and loves it. It is one of the few condos that have some landscaping in front. The new Ritz is pretty chic (from the outside anyway). The Westin is beautiful. Didn't really look at the Hyatt. We liked the Marriott very much, but the rooms on the north side basically look at the building next door, so see if you can either get an ocean view or turtle pond view. It's a small Marriott, and barely a resort, but it's on a great beach with pretty good snorkeling and it's within walking distance of a lot of things. There is a TON of new construction and reconstruction (after the hurricane) all along 7 Mile Beach, so you'll have a lot to choose from. As the other person noted, Cayman is extremely expensive. We've been to quite a few islands and so far G. Cayman is the highest. Just south of the Marriott in a little strip mall is a small bakery/deli - I think Icoa Bakery or something - anyway, it was excellent. Very fresh sandwiches and really clean and nice inside. It's kind of a hidden gem in that strip mall. Good luck!

Travel Tips for Grand Cayman

Relax

by vixens

Because that is what Cayman is all about. Enjoy your day.............Go to bed early and enjoy the next day. You'll save alot of money that way. We have been there many times and going again. It is not an inexpensive island, but obviously worth the money...................

Again, after Aruba, I must say, just be careful............Been there too, AND we did NOT like the feeling of that island............. It's all good..............

It doesn't have to be that expensive

by catalysta

Staying in a room with a kitchen at The Turtle Nest Inn was my smartest move, and made my mornings more leisurely. The Turtle Nest now also handles bookings for On The Bay condos, along the north side of Grand Cayman.
For divers, the shore dives are great, and you have your choice of several waterfront hotels specifically designed for divers (e.g. the Seaview & the Sunset Beach).

Colony of the UK

by bianchis

Do you know that the Cayman Islands is still a colony of the United Kingdom but does not come under Dependent Territory but is called today Overseas Territory. There is a Governor who holds responsibility things like National Security, Foreign Affairs, Police Services, Immigration, Passport Office, Postal Services etc.

Bring this

by nikkim05

Flip flops, sneakers/tennis shoes, tank top, shorts, sunglasses, and bathing suit. Sunscreen, aloe gel or solorcaine, bandaids for the average tourist: disposable camera, water camera

for someone who takes photographs as a hobby you might want a tri pod? well it gets pretty windy on the beaches

Diving the West End

by ScubaCat

We did 5 dives with Don Foster's on the West Side, which also included the Stingray City Dive. For the most part it was enjoyable. Don Foster's dive operation expected you to set up your own equipment. Before beginning your dive, do check that your tank is full as sometimes people put the caps back on & you might end up with a empty tank. We were not pleased that we did our giant stride off the back of the boat & rather than descended right there were expected to swim against the current to the front of the boat & then descend. It cost a lot of us a lot of air! Other than that, the dives were pleasant with both walls & reefs. We saw a variety of marine life including Turtles, Eagle Rays, Purple Wrasse, Blue Tang, Nudi Branches, Butterfly Fish, etc., & at one point even a nurse shark. There were swim throughs that were fun. First time I ever did that & have to admit I enjoyed it. I do have to admit though that the West End is beginning to show it's wear and tear as the marine life is not as prolific nor the coral beds as beautiful as the east end. But all in all, I would recommend diving the west end, it gives you chance to have some variety & truly appreciate the beauty of the east end. As far as Don Foster's. Although they are very pleasant & one of the Divemasters, Ryan, in particular, was very helpful, they are lacking in customer service. The next time I dive the west end I think I will try another dive shop There is no need to bring any special gear or equipment other than your swimsuit. We can't have you running around naked now can we? LOL All the dive shops have tanks, weights, belts, wetsuits, fins & masks for rent. Personally, I would recommend that you bring your own mask. A mask that fits your own unique face has less of a tendancy to leak.

Comments