Marriott Grand Cayman Beach Resort

See Amenities

Disapointed

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 27, 2012

Disapointing. Room is next to ice machine that rumbles all night, could not sleep with noise. Mattress is old and uncomfortable. Polyester sheets are hot. Not very clean. Chairs on beach are so close together like sardines in a can. Overpriced drinks for quality of hotel.Gift shop has poor selection unless you are a man with a 44 waist.Staff is nice but that doesnt make up for a run down property.

Unique Quality: Close to inexpensive restaurants and bars

EGitan's Profile Photo

What service should be.

by written on December 31, 2010

I was a bit skeptical about staying at a Marriott on the island, but I was more that surprised at the level of costumer service I experienced at this resort. Not only were the staff extremely helpful, friendly, and engaged in offering the best customer service, they appeared to be true professionals in every sense of the word.

I lost my wallet 4 days into my trip. After they located it on the beach (someone turned it in), I had $300 missing out of it. Not only did Hermes, the room manager and his security staff comb through 16 hours of security video, they got my money back after identifying the thief. This rarely happens this day an age. The rooms are comfortable and average. I would suggest a partial ocean front view. It is less noisy and you can still catch an amazing sunset without the noise of the pool below.

Unique Quality: Excellent customer service. The beach is a little small and the food over priced. Also, you have to pay a 15 percent surcharge on ever item purchased as a tip. A small price to pay though for great service.
Visit Echo the Parrot who speaks noting but profanity. Not good for children.

When you just want to relax...

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 28, 2006

Jan and I have been guests at the Marriott about ten times. I guess that says something right there. There are less expensive trip packages available but you get what you pay for. We are always very comfortable, all our rooms have been very nice and clean, the staff is friendly and helpful and the overall atmosphere is laid back. If you like it loud, fast and non-stop, this is probably not the place for you. The last thing we want is an agenda while on vacation. However, you can book anything you want to do right in the lobby. They have a tour desk and agent available all day and late into the evening. There is a Red Sail Sports store and excursion office on the property too if you want to snorkel or dive. They are right on Seven Mile Beach so those long walks on the beach are right outside your door. You can even dine outside and watch the sun going down. Because they are on West Bay, the sunsets are incredible! The breakfast buffet has all the usual suspects and everything is very good. Try the freshly-made waffles!! We usually take a muffin and an apple with us for lunch later and no one seems to mind.

Unique Quality: We had a travel snafu that was no fault of the Marriott but they dove right in (pun intended) and got us hooked up at no expense to us. Our plane left hours early (charters can do that) and left us stranded with hurricane Lily bearing down on the island. The food and beverage manager took us to the airport in his personal car, raced around like a madman finding us a flight, paid for it and got us out ahead of the weather. When I offered payment he just smiled, waved his hand and said "come back and see us."

Directions: West Bay, right on the beach.

JennysTravels's Profile Photo

Pretty Nice

by written on July 26, 2005

Went here one night for dinner. Cant remmeber the name but the place sticks in my mind. There was a huge red brick tiled floor as the patio, from there it was sand and surf. The service was amazing, the place, spotless, there was a great younger vibrant feel to The Marriott.

stopatnothin's Profile Photo

Tiny beach no more

by written on July 9, 2005

I stayed at the Marriott for 3 nights, June 05 and I had a great time. The hotel has been completely re-done after hurricane Ivan took its toll on Grand Cayman.
The had a soft opening June 1 and expect to have all facilities up and running by mid August.

Unique Quality: The beach can no longer be described as "tiny". Sand has been imported and it looks and feels great.
There is only one pool here so the beach is a great option.

Directions: Located right on 7 mile beach.

Nearby Marriott Grand Cayman Beach Resort

• Spa
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Grand Cayman Travel Forum

Need advice about Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands? Visit the Travel Forum for Grand Cayman and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Grand Cayman hotel reviews