Cayman Islands Hotels

Our Members Say

• alohabrendon profile photo alohabrendon
  • Reviews: 67

As I mentioned, I visited...

As I mentioned, I visited Cayman Islands via a cruise ship, Royal Caribbean's Majesty of the Seas. I gave cruised the Carbbean several times, and it's my opinion you are able to find which islands you prefer. All the islands have their own different flavors.

In addition to being able to see different islands, the cruising experience itself is wonderful. There is excellent food to be had 24 hours a day and there truly is something for everyone to do (or if don't want to do anything at all).

• JenKen profile photo JenKen
  • Reviews: 14

There are a number of nice...

There are a number of nice looking places toward the North end of Seven Mile Beach. The beaches there are nice and relatively quiet. If you like Miami stay toward the south end of Seven Mile near the Hyatt, etc.

• Opinion of Price:

• Julestoo profile photo Julestoo
  • Reviews: 34

The Westin Casuarina Resort...

The Westin Casuarina Resort and Spa

All the rooms had great views. The price was acceptable. The facilities were immaculate.

• Written August 26, 2002
Tip Photo

• ketronb profile photo ketronb
  • Reviews: 7

After 5 return visits to...

After 5 return visits to Cayman Brac, we fell in love with the new condos available for rental at the Cayman Breakers. We loved it so much we bought one and now offer it for others to enjoy.
prices range from $125 to $175 per night US dollars

The Cayman Breakers and Our Cayman Condo are located in a secluded part of the island where exclusive homes have been built. Close to the bluff road, it offers easy access to anywhere on the island in just minutes. The units have central air, cable tv, dishwasher, microwave, even washers / dryers! There are also oceanside hammocks and a refreshing freshwater pool. Rates are among the most affordable on the island and a great bargain for the luxuries provided.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written August 26, 2002

• msfleming profile photo msfleming
  • Reviews: 28

Grandview Condos: Grandview Condos

2000
April 24 - Dec. 22/2000
Two Bedroom (Beach Front $315.00)Ocean Front $365.00
Three Bedroom (Beach Front N/A) (Ocean Front $550.00)

Extra person $25.00 per night

Jan 3/2000 - April 23/2000
Beach Front Ocean Front
Two Bedroom (Beach Front $450.00)Ocean Front $500.00
Three Bedroom (Beach Front N/A) (Ocean Front $650.00)

These rates are in US dollars.

The Ocean front rooms are right on the beach and have a great view of the ocean. The beach front rooms are the ones in the center that have grass in front of them and look out over the pool. Still pretty a good view of the ocean but you are looking over the pool.

The picture below shows the Oceanfront condos.

The condos are just a couple of years old so they're very modern. Very clean and well decorated. They are on the South end of 7 mile beach so it's pretty quite. There were never more than about 7 people on the beach and most of the time it was just the 2 of us. I did a lot of research before choosing Grandview and after seeing all the other condos was really happy we decided to stay there.

We are divers and you can't have a better location for diving. Treasure Island Divers is literally right next door. We walked almost the entire length of 7 mile beach and did not see another resort with it's own dock. I think most of the operators pick you up in a van and take you to a dock near Georgetown. Definetely not as scenic.

• msfleming profile photo msfleming
  • Reviews: 28

Here's the view from the master bedroom. The second bedroom is on the back side of the condo and the windows face out to the parking lot.

• Opinion of Price:

• susy1014 profile photo susy1014
  • Reviews: 8

Southern Cross Club on Little...

Southern Cross Club on Little Cayman is heaven. There couldn't be a better place................
All inclusive packages vary......worth the $$$

Staff is excellent and accomodations are superior to other places on the island. Total serenity and privacy.......

• jonkaren3 profile photo jonkaren3
  • Reviews: 104

Rum Point

We stayed at the lovely Three Points Villa, which we found on the net. The same condo is now under new ownership. It is called Tranquil Fruition.

2 bedroom, all amenities, pool, lagoon, great views from every where. Next to restaurant and Red Sail Sports, etc. Both bedrooms have a full bath.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average

From the front door

• paulapes profile photo paulapes
  • Reviews: 258

Villas of the Galleon: Condo-type

We stayed at the Villas of the Galleon condominiums right next to the Westin Casuarina...the place was clean, comfortable, with plenty of room, and best of all, it is right on 7-mile beach---perfect! Below is a shot of me with the Villas in background on my way to---guess where? THE BEACH
This varies on the season, size of unit, etc.....better to just check out the website.

Right on 7-mile beach, great restaurant for breakfast across the street, with shopping and nightlife also across the street and next door. Location can't be beat, and cheaper than the hotel.

Heading for the Beach..again

• GottaRun profile photo GottaRun

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Treasure Island Resort: No Treasure at Treasure Island

I do not recommend Treasure Island Resort unless there is not another reasonable choice. It is poor value for the money at $179/night and provides no services. We were in transit and chose the hotel only as a convenience. The night we stayed, there was no hot water, a fact we were not informed about at check in even though the hot water had been out for several days. I would rate cleanliness as average, at best. An internet cable was provided but it was only two meters long and would not reach the small desk. It really didn't matter, though, since the internet would not work and staff were unable to provide any trouble shooting help. It was not a quiet place for sleep; we could hear people talking/yelling from their balconies until 1:30 in the morning. We later learned that many of the rooms had been converted to permanent stay accommodation following a recent hurricane.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written February 10, 2013

• Rubidia profile photo Rubidia
  • Reviews: 15

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Many Hotel Reviews

Having visited almost all of the hotel properties on Grand Cayman, I would say that there is something for everyone.

Here are some properties

• caymanguy2375 profile photo caymanguy2375
  • Reviews: 1

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Treasure Island Resort: Roach Headquarters Grand Cayman

This is a hard one to write. Brings back chills just thinking about it. Planned this trip with all of the details outlined before hand. We arrive to find a room infested with roaches. When I say infested, its not like we saw one or two roaches. The night we stayed there, there were roaches coming out of every cabinet once the sun went down. Roaches even got into our luggage!

They apologized and said they would move us to another room. A few nights later, my Wife is taking a shower and encounters the biggest ROACH I have seen in my life. I even hesitated to kill it (thought it might eat my flip flop). With this we decide to cut our Month stay short.

They apologize profusely and say they will provide me with a refund for the days missed plus comp a couple days to make up for the roach encounter. Well I bet you can guess what happened, 2 months went by and still no refund.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Family Travel, Diving and Snorkeling, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written May 4, 2010

• punkpin profile photo punkpin
  • Reviews: 77

Westin Resort: Nice Hotel

I booked my stay during hurricane season, so my rate was significantly lower. That said, the hotel is a high end resort that, like any other high end place, includes nothing (with the exception of beach towels and lounge chairs). Prior to my stay I read a lot of complaints that there were charges for everything. While that is true, it should not be unexpected since it is not inclusive. If money is an issue, you can go across the street to arrange for excursions (through Captain Marvin's), for water and beer (at the liquor store, grocery store or Captain Marvin's) and a little cheaper food at Eats Cafe.

I also read complaints about the staff prior to my arrival. I had no problems with the staff. In fact, I found them to be very friendly and accomodating. We ate dinner our first night at Casa Havana. While quite expensive, it was excellent. I wasn't feeling well, so I cancelled my entree (after I had finished an appetizer) and they packed my boyfriend's entree to go so he could leave with me. The chef even offered to make me chicken soup.

The only negative thing I can say (aside from the island being expensive in general) is the rooms smell very musty/moldy (as can be somewhat expected in a very humid environment). Hopefully the hotel management will catch on that they should remove the carpet (which tends to absorb moisture and odor) and tile the floors. That should help with the odor.

You can snorkel right off the beach. The hotel is located on the best part of 7 mile beach. As you look at the ocean from the hotel, there is a great snorkeling spot to the right near a buoy. You can also rent jet skiis for a "jet ski safari" which is great fun and a better deal than renting one for 1/2 hour.

Lastly, the spa is fantastic. My boyfriend and I had a couples massage. While expensive (with tip it was almost $300 USD), it was phenomenal.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Spa and Resort, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Diving and Snorkeling
  • Written June 14, 2008

• HunniB profile photo HunniB

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Turtle Nest Inn: Relaxed Apartments Right On Beach

We loved our stay at the Turtle Nest Inn. Alain and Marleine are wonderful hosts. The apartment was clean and spacious with wonderful views of the water. The patio steps of our beachfront apartment steps led down to the pool and further to the beach and couldn't have been any more convenient for getting some sun.

There is a washer and clothes dryer available which came in quite handy.

The location is a bit out of town but we preferred that.

Alain and Marleine arranged for Andy to go out for the day fishing with one of the locals and I think that may have been the highpoint of the stay for Andy.

I would recommend this place for anyone looking for self-catered accommodation with great views. Using the kitchen for some meals helped to keep the budget in line. Eating out a lot on the island can add up quickly.

The best quality of the Turtle Nest Inn has to be the graciousness of Alain and Marleine. Very helpful and full of wonderful suggestions and ideas about things to see and do as well as places to eat, etc. Without them, the place would have just been another beachfront apartment.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Beaches
  • Written December 5, 2007

View Out Our Apartment Door

• Jester632 profile photo Jester632

Sunset House: Simple, friendly dive resort

I have stayed at the Sunset House every time I visit the island. The hotel is simple, well maintained, clean and the staff is friendly. If you are looking to stay at a luxury resort on a white sand beach, this isn't the place for you. There is no beach here, but the shore diving is excellent. Sunset house is within walking distance to downtown George Town.

There is a great bar at the hotel called My Bar. It’s a great place to hang out after a day of diving, meet people from all over the world and watch the sunset. The hotel also has its own dive shop with a fleet of well equipped dive boats. They offer a dive inclusive package that gives you a small discount.

• Related to: Diving and Snorkeling