Hotel Lands In Love - Tierras Enamoradas

Route 272 Between San Ramon and La Fortuna, 4250, Costa Rica

Lands in Love Hotel & Resort (Tierras Enamoradas)
Booking.com Priceline.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Good Vegan Options

Overall we loved staying here for one night. We wish we had booked multiple nights. Next time we will book for at least 3 nights. I will go over the positives and the negatives we observed but keep in mind we only stayed one night. We are a vegan couple in our early 40s. The view from our room was amazing as others have pointed out. We stayed in room 21. The stenciling and detail in the room evoked a feeling that the place was well loved. There was a mini bar that we did not use. No air-conditioning but I do not think any is needed as you are in the cloud forest and it is cool. The rooms are set apart from the main lobby area and you will need to walk for 1 or 2 minutes to get to the restaurant. TV was snowy and no internet in our room. normally I deduct big points for no room internet but in this case the chairs overlooking the misty mountains and hummingbirds charmed us into not caring. You can get internet in the main lobby and it works quite well there. The snowy tv was probably not normal and may have been due to the weather (rainy and cloudy) but I do not know for sure. The grounds are the best feature. They are well cared for and amazing with duck ponds, trails, little hiking spots to the river and waterfall. The staff is friendly and helpful and very caring.

Unique Quality: In Costa Rica you will be hard pressed as a vegan to find much other than beans and rice (Gallo Pinto). This place affords you the convenience of a resort with choices for food that you will not easily find elsewhere. We loved the Lafa we had for dinner. The chef will come out and talk to you and tell you what they can do. The place is more geared towards vegetarians so you need to tell them if you are a vegan. There is an animal rescue operation they run in conjunction with the hotel and restaurant. Every person working there is involved in multiple facets. You might see your waiter out walking dogs in the morning. I believe every staff member is vegan or near vegan. I found this level of caring and awareness of animals to be refreshing and it shines through with everything they do and every service they offer.

Directions: North of San Ramon off of Hwy 1 about 30 km on the road to Fortuna

• Heaven in lands in love

We were treated like V.I.P. 's from the second we arrived to the moment we left. The food is amazing!!!! The room and views were one of a kind. The arranged all our adventures. Zip line. Tarzan swing. White water rafting . Did I say the food was amazing!!!!!

Unique Quality: Totally safe
    Lovely 200 acres
    Ponds waterfall dog and cat rescue
    Views of jungle
    Excellent staff
    Caring people
    Beautiful
    Felt like home

Directions: Follow well signed road. Bring rain jacket. Need sneakers or hiking shoe. Bathing suit. Jeans okay.

More about Hotel Lands In Love - Tierras Enamoradas

Absolutely Amazing!

by TripAdvisor Member stacyc006

I kind of found this place on the fly, because I waited so long to plan this vacation. I could not have found a better place if I had spent weeks searching. One of the major reasons this hotel popped out at me was because it appeared to have a wide selection of tour packages. I was drained from planning the rest of the trip...and did not want to start the search for reputable tour companies and figure out where I wanted to go. Let me say.....Lands in Love went above and WAY beyond in this respect! As soon as you get there and check in, the tour manager comes over and introduces himself and offers to help you plan your tours. We were tired and muddy, so we said we would check back later. When we came back down for dinner, we mentioned it to the desk. Next thing we know, we are having a glass of wine while surrounded by colorful brochures and the tour manager explaining our best options while setting up our schedule to maximize our time. Most of their tours are done through Jacamar Tours, and they did an excellent job. We never had to worry about transportation or lunch. The only negative to this resort is the distance from all the activities around Arenal Volcano. It was easily a 45 minute trip one way. The flip side to this was the Canopy/Adventure Cable is a 2 minute walk up the street from Lands in Love. It is also one of the best canopy tours in the country. Another major plus for this resort is the surroundings. It is absolutely BEAUTIFUL, nestled right in the heart of the San Lorenzo Cloud forest. The landscaping was amazing, and THE BIRDS!!!! If you are a bird watcher....you MUST go to Lands in Love, and if you are not, you will become one quickly! The resort hosts an abundance of trails all through the cloud forest with knowledgeable naturalist guides at your request. I absolutely love hiking....and other than the tours, I think we spent every spare minute hiking in that cloud forest. The staff is great and the food, despite being vegetarian, was very good. Only negative is the restaurant service is pretty slow...plan on taking your time at dinner. Final comment: if you are looking for nightlife, don't go here. The resort is pretty much in the middle of nowhere and the bar is absolutely dead at night. (I think everyone is so exhausted from so many activities during the day. I could barely stay awake through dinner most nights!!!) :)

Exceeded all of our expectations

by TripAdvisor Member Lobsterman88

Lands In Love is a 30+ room hotel/resort overlooking a cloud forest in the central highlands of Costa Rica. Run by 20 young Israelis who purchased the property in 2005, it offers comfortable accommodations in bungalow-style outbuildings that allow you to simply sit on your patio and let the birds and butterflies come to you. Or you can hike down to waterfalls or up to the ridge above for canopy tours by zipline. The menu emphasizes vegetarian fare with a delicious middle eastern touch, and the morning coffee from Costa Rican plantations is extraordinary. The restaurant staff make each meal a special experience, affording a personal touch that after just a few days made us feel like family. The hotel is operated by the Israeli owners assisted by highly competent and friendly Ticos. Listening to their story of locating and refurbishing this lovely property prompted us to suggest that they should write a book about their experience. A highly helpful tour service made several excellent suggestions for day trips -- to the Arenal Volcano, Rio Fortuna waterfall, Baracon hot springs, and the Naranjo Coffee Cooperative. We loved it all!

A Truly Wonderful Place to Stay

by TripAdvisor Member Tonnie13

We stumbled onto this beautiful resort as we were driving through the San Lorenzo cloud forest in Costa Rica. It was our first day in the country and we were not sure where we would spend the night. We followed the signs directing us to the resort and turned off the "highway" onto a long and winding road that led us to what can only be described as "paradise."

The resort is situated right in the middle of the jungle and is surrounded by amazing views of the beautiful cloud forest. The grounds are abounding with lush vegetation and brilliant flowers. It's wonderfully peaceful and inviting.

The entire staff was wonderful; very friendly and accommodating. The rooms were very clean and each was uniquely decorated. We stayed in Room 32 which was very cozy. The price was very reasonable - about $120/night, including breakfast. And it was not just a boring continental breakfast. Guests could choose from a variety of dishes ranging from eggs and pancakes to a typica-style dish.

For dinner one evening, we had the most amazing lasagna we've ever tasted. On another night, my husband had an Israeli-style dish that he really enjoyed. Needless to say, the desserts were also wonderful.

We ended up staying for a total of four nights because we just didn't want to leave.

I highly recommend this resort and we will definitely be staying here again!

Stay far, far away from this place...

by TripAdvisor Member AAGeorgiapeach

My husband and I had the displeasure of finding this hotel quite by mistake. We were on our way to Fortuna from Quepos with no reservations for the night...the one night we "winged" it.
The bed collapsed when my husband sat upon it (no, he is not overweight) in the first room we were escorted to. Then, the sink leaked in the second room we were taken to. At this point, we were too tired to continue on in search of another hotel as it was late and already dark outside.
We had dinner at the restaurant. I became violently ill following the meal.
Next door to the main building there is a doggy hotel. Instead of peace and quiet and jungle noises, we heard the loud barking of
several large dogs. We have dogs ourselves and love them dearly, but they do not disturb the neighbors.
The next morning we asked for a map so that we could explore the surrounding San Leandro Cloud Forest. The map first took us to a fenced in corral of horses....we took another route on the map which took us on a difficult hike to a waterfall and river that just wasn't worth the trouble. The map was so bad that we could hardly understand where we were (my husband is ex-military and an ATC and very good at reading maps). This was the only bad experience we had on the entire trip to Costa Rica. What a mistake it was to leave that one night to chance.

Wonderful Spot

by TripAdvisor Member bethogenes

We highly recommend this hotel. The staff were very helpful, the food was incredible (vegetarian), and the site was magical. Wonderful hiking trails all around the hotel were easily accessible, and the staff arranged any extra trips (zip-lining; white water rafting; Arenal Volcano, etc.) with efficiency. It was easy to find from the San Jose airport. We would certainly return there again.

how spoiled could I be

by TripAdvisor Member calicoottawa

My daughter, her husband and I spent 16 amazing days in Costa Rica, most ot it at Lands in Love. 20 or so Israelis run this very clean and beautiful resort in the middle of the cloud forest. I have serious dietary needs (celiac disease) and found their address on a celiac website. They are themselves both vegetarian and gluten free. Not only did they serve gluten free food, but couldn't do enough for me. They cooked for me special cakes and breads late at night so I would have something special for breakfast (included in the room cost). We also ate most of our evening meals there and I will attest to the fantastic food, some Costa Rican, some Israeli, some western gourmet foods. The rooms were pretty, clean and comfortable, all with a porch looking over the cloud forest. While I often enjoyed the peace of their lobby, open to the air and decorated with wood, beautiful areas with sofas and chairs (great for playing cards), my family enjoyed the zip lines, tarzan swing, horseback riding etc. The two volcanoes are about 1 to 2 hours away; a beautiful waterfall garden (with birds and animals) is worth a trip, and there are hotsprings in Arenal. We rented a car the second week, and Lands in Love arranged everything for us. The first week we did a very interesting tour of the Arenal volcano, and did most of the rest on our own. We also did a tour of a coffee plantation, which was very interesting.

Most of all, I was impressed by how wonderful the owners are. Their goal was to reduce the carbon footprint on the planet by protecting some valuable natural lands. They brought dogs and cats from Israel with them, and all are part of the protection Lands in Love offers their natural world. One cutie is called Tommy, and if there aren't too many people coming and going, he's allowed to entertain the guests who love pets and relax along with them. My daughter spent many relaxing hours with Tommy on her lap. I felt like part of their family. I have no doubt I'll be back next year. January to April are their summer season, and it isn't until after that the rainy season starts. The weather was fantastic while we were there.

I highly recommend Costa Rica and Lands in Love. It's a beautiful country with no military and they're proud of that. Costa Ricans are proud of their natural resources, and many of the guides are university educated, fluent in English ( and sometimes French) and delightful to converse with. I'll be back again.

Close to Heaven

by TripAdvisor Member ed111

I spend 4 nights at the hotel and liked it very much, my stay there was very pleasant.

The best thing for me was the hospitality of the staff.

They comply to every request with a most efficient and fast way, and always with a smile.

The feeling we had is as if we were vip guests and it was wonderful.

The rooms are comfortable and well equipped with TV, coffee machine and mini bar.

We enjoyed the food in the restaurant very much. Only after we spent 2 days we realized that everything is vegetarian, and the meat is made from soy. The food was so delicious we didn’t feel the meat was missing, they really know how to make their food which is quite a rare thing in costa rica.

We took a few activities which were enjoyable- horseback riding, canopy, tarzan swing and trails walk.

There is a swimming pool and jacuzzi, and the view of the forest & mountains is relaxing and tranquil.

We booked tours which were very good, all of them came to pick us straight from the hotel.

I recommend this place for everybody, it is one experience you don’t want to miss when looking for costa rica’s cloud forest hotel.

Quiet and tranquil spot

by TripAdvisor Member grrgirl

We stayed at Lands of Love for 2 nights , 4/11 & 4/12 and we definitely didn't want to leave. The grounds are spectacular, overlooking the San Lorenzo cloud forest. All of the rooms have a clear view with deck chairs to sit outside your room and enjoy the multitude of wildlife. The whole resort was incredibly clean including the rooms and bedding. My husband was a little skeptical of the vegetarian fare but he enjoyed everything he had and did not miss the lack of meat. The staff was very friendy and accomodating, after only 2 days it felt like they were friends. This is truly a great place to experience the tranquility of Costa Rica. When we were there it was a holiday and the majority of the rooms were filled with locals - a welcome contrast to the large American type hotels. We were interested in looking at property and the 2 owners took us out for 4 hours to experience some of the small towns - this was the best time we had during our visit - their knowledge and stories of Costa Rica still have us talking. We are planning on returning and bringing our children with . Lands of Love is a definite must to visit

Great Spot

by TripAdvisor Member Atrox

We arrived just as the rainy season did. It rained for almost our entire stay. Regardless, we had a wonderful experience at this resort and would stay here again.

The location is 2 hours north of the San Jose airport and 1 hour south of La Fortuna. The hotel will arrange a private taxi for $60 from the airport (or check with interbus online for better prices). There are public buses that will pick you up just outside of the hotel (although we had to get a taxi due to landslides during the recent tropical storm).

Pros:
Extremely clean, beautiful view of cloud forest from room, patio with chairs looking over cloud forest, hummingbird feeder off our patio with lots of hummingbirds, coffee in rooms, mini-bar in room with snacks at reasonable prices, beautifully up kept grounds, great pool and hot tub, organized transportation for us, mostly quiet and peaceful (see below), hiking trails, free internet and computers, pool table, GREAT FOOD

Cons:
Rather uncomfortable beds, not much information given about property/forest/ecosystems, because no AC or heat nothing dries out in the rainy season, DOG BARKING from the kennel which is across from the main building was not heard from inside the rooms but was a significant nuisance when we tried to explore that part of the forest and while outside near the main building.

Close to perfection

by TripAdvisor Member Ottawa_Jo_Anne

Myself, my husband and my mother had the extreme pleasure of staying at Lands in Love in late March. I could not believe how lucky we were to find this little piece of heaven.

My mother worked hard our whole life and had very few pleasure trips. Our plans to go on a family adventure was complicated by her serious dietary requirements. She has Celiac disease (a severe intolerance to gluten) and this makes traveling very difficult. I was lucky enough to find Lands in love which not only caters to gluten free and vegetarian diets, but in fact follow the diet themselves. I still remember the excitement I saw on my mom's face when I told her that she could have a trip of a lifetime and not have to worry about getting sick.

Lands in love is not only a hotel, but also a tour operator. From the moment we first contacted them, they provided assistance and made plans to ensure that our trip to Costa Rica would be trouble free. They arranged transport, a few nights at a beach hotel and most of the excursions we had while there. Some of these included: Canyoning, canopy tours, zip adventure lines, hot springs, volcano tour, coffee plantation etc. They also arranged a car rental for us and had it delivered to the hotel. This allowed us to travel further and see more of Costa Rica.

Lands in love is located about 45 minutes from San Ramon and 45 minutes from La Fortuna. A car is certainly helpful. However, there is plenty to do on the grounds of the hotel. There are beautiful hikes through the cloud forest, horse back riding, swimming, zip lines, canopy tours and more importantly relaxing. Each room has a beautiful view of the cloud forest. The hotel and grounds are beautiful and the rooms are very comfortable. While there they catered to our every need. From laundry to special food.

Perhaps the best Lands in love has to offer are the people. I do not think I have ever seen a group of people that work harder. From before dawn until late at night, they are working to ensure that guests have a truly fantastic stay. They make you feel like family and you truly feel cared for. We often enjoyed sitting in the open air lobby with tommy (the resident welcoming feline) watching our surroundings.

The food and shakes were amazing. You have to try the fantastic chocolate cake and the lasagna. They were constantly making little gluten free goodies for my mom. Even at home, it is difficult to cook a gluten free diet. It is the first time since being diagnosed that my mom could completely relax and eat whatever was given to her.

This was a truly magical stay, and we look forward to going back next year. We love the people and look forward to seeing them every year.

Rainforest wonderRainforest wonder

Iguana Tree houses hundreds of reptilesIguana Tree houses hundreds of reptiles

Baldi HotspringsBaldi Hotsprings