Turrialba Hotels

Our Members Say

• remonvink profile photo remonvink
  • Reviews: 1

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Spanish at the river: Learning spanish in Turrialba

Hey guys,

For anyone searching what to do in Turrialba I would recommend a great Spanish school: Spanish by the River

My boyfriend and I just spent the last three weeks there and had a great and productive time!! Our teacher was really good: patient, lots of conversation practicing, and there's a suitable level for everyone. The lessons were taught outside in nature, with great views of the Turrialba volcano (still active!) which was awesome!

There´s also a hostel there, which is nice and clean, has great views, has facilities like a kitchen, TV, hammocks

We also really liked the town of Turrialba, mainly because it´s not that touristy yet there is a lot to do (nice shops, bars and restaurants), also outside of Turrialba (rafting, mountainbiking etc).

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Rafting, Study Abroad, Backpacking
  • Written January 31, 2011

• eilan81 profile photo eilan81
  • Reviews: 1

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Interamericano: Cheap and clean, but be careful of your belongings

The hotel is very nice and clean, though beds were a bit uncomfortable (very hard, did not sleep much). However, what really pissed us off was that we got stolen 50,000 colones (about 100$) from the room.
They ask you to leave the key to the reception desk every time you go out. Advice: either do not do it, or take all valuables with you.
The morning after I warned a guy who I had met who was also staying at the hotel, who told me he had already also heard a similar story from somebody else - so apparently it was not a single occurrence. Very unpleasant, especially since rafting guides may want to be paid in cash.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Study Abroad, Rafting, Kayaking
  • Written July 18, 2008

• peggydaly profile photo peggydaly
  • Reviews: 75

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Wagelia: Comfy and Helpful

We were gonna stay somewhere cheaper, but we were exhausted and this place was nice and had a restaurant. They called a guide to come talk to us about the river. Oh, and parking is terrible in the hotel part of town and they had a secure parking lot, which was really important.

Parking, decent restaurant, clean, helpful

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written April 25, 2006
Tip Photo

courtyard

• ABankerMU profile photo ABankerMU
  • Reviews: 26

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel InterAmericano: Hotel InterAmericano, Turrialba

Four friends and I stayed in the Hotel InterAmericano for one night after whitewater rafting with Costa Rica Rios that day. The little hotel is brightly colored, seemingly newly remodeled, and very clean. The woman who runs the hotel is super-friendly and full of advice. She recommended against spending too much time out in Turrialba after dark. We were so tired from the Whitewater rafting that we weren't looking for nightlife anyway. There is plenty of parking in a gravel lot adjacent to the hotel, and we had no problems with our SUV being there. We were allowed use of the kitchen to cook up breakfast before heading off to Fortuna and Arenal.

We had checked out one other place, recommended in a travel book, and it was a complete dump. I can't imagine finding anywhere as inexpensive and beautiful as this place. Good luck!

Leave a comment and let me know if there is something that I could add to make this tip better!

Friendly Owner