3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Costs 58% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

More about Arenal Springs Resort

Loved Arenal Springs Resort

by TripAdvisor Member CATHYMaryland

Booked two cabins for only one night but wished we had stayed at hotel resort longer. Great view of the Volcano from restaurant at night and then again from the cabin patio in the early morning. Suggest you take a guided hike around the volcano or visit the Hot Springs. Staff will help you book tours. Rooms are beautiful and the staff was very nice. Priced reasonably.

Arenal's Best Bet!

by JessicaB16 about Arenal Springs Resort

Arenal Springs Resort is located about 5 minutes outside of La Fortuna. I have nothing but amazing things to say about this hotel. Not only are the rooms private and intimate but the grounds are well maintained, too. Breakfast is included with the nightly rate and what a breakfast it is! Toast, cereal, fresh fruit, eggs, beans, tortillas and plantains. Don't forget the coffee, tea, oj or milk. The breakfast is a complete feast and makes a great start to any day! I highly recommend Arenal Springs Resort. Each private room has it's own driveway and porch with traditional leather rocking chairs to enjoy your view of the Arenal Volcano. The rooms also have AC, a ceiling fan, cable TV, telephone, safety box, mini-fridge, night tables with reading lamps, wardrobe, spacious bathroom with garden shower, hairdryer and hot water, parking next to your cabin and 24h security.

by JessicaB16 about Arenal Springs Resort

I highly recommend this place because it was beautiful and worth every dollar!! It was about $80/night which included a GREAT breakfast. It included fresh fruit, plantains, eggs, toast, juice, coffee, waffles, potatos and bacon.
The rooms were private bungalow style rooms. They were surrounded in glass panels so you had an amazing view on all sides. Bathroom included a garden shower that was watered when it rained. I highly recommend this hotel!!! Great breakfast included. Internet available, very friendly staff, pool, jacuzzi, restaurant, outside downtown Arenal.

Arenal Area Top Resort

by Cdnriverrat about Arenal Springs Resort

Spectacular views from each little duplex condo. Very private and exquisite design, two leather rockers on each patio, the most incrdible food, friendly people, great service! There's just nothing like lying in bed and looking out the huge floor length windows and seeing Arenal!

Lovely resort near Arenal Volcano

by 807Wheaton about Arneal Springs Resort

After driving through narrow hair pin roads we arrived at lovely Aranel Springs Resort. We had to walk a short way to our room for our stay. Actually each unit had two separate rooms. The bathroom is really unique with open ceiling for sunlight and rain in the shower area. Stones from the Arenal area is used for the walls and plants are growing in the top.
The bedroom had beautiful beamed ceilings and picture window sliding glass doors to see the volcano from our beds!!!
Voltive candles in the bathroom and shower area and nice thick towels. No lotion here, only shampoo and conditioner. The beds were hard and the pillows were flat. Arenal Springs Resort is like a huge garden with little cabins sprinkled around in cul de sacs.
There were banana plants growing outside our room, red caned palms and bird of paradise to name only a few things. The pool here is actually a huge hot tub with a swim up bar and stools. It was so soothing after a day of travel. Room for everybody with lots of space to spare. It was especially beautiful at night. We could see it from the dining room.
The dining room had open air dining - and it looked over the property.
We went to a salad bar buffet that was served to us. Then we had pumpkin soup. Entree was fish with tartar sauce, beef with mushrooms and gravy, baby potatoes, steamed veggies, spinach in cream sauce over noodles, great tortilla chips that were fresh, light and warm served with...............black beans and rice!!! Again fresh pineapple and watermelon, rolls and butter. Dessert was banana splits. Fresh bananas from Costa Rica. Yum, and of course, delicious coffee.

Very Disappointed! No Resort Title Deserved!

by TripAdvisor Member linyprincess

My family and I went to the Arenal area on June 8th and had planned to stay for 2 nights. We arrived at Arenal Springs Resort at night. I was absolutely appalled when I walked into our rooms, we rented 2 ajoining cabins, 1 of the cabins reaked of cat urine. While the landscaping and the outside of the hotel was well mantained and manicured, the rooms lacked tremendously!! After dinner, we noticed the bathrooms in both cabins were clogged and would not flush right. I called the front desk to have someone come and fix them, and I was told somebody would be there in about 10 minutes. After waiting patiently, and to no avail 20 minutes later, I called the office back. Only this time the phone rang about 15 times, and the security guard answered and told me nobody was there, the office was closed and I would have to wait until morning. Having 3 grown boys in our cabins, this was not a good thing. I was then going to take a shower to destress a little, and had absolutely no hot water in either of the cabins. After a long day of traveling and site seeing, I was ready for a great night of rest. After I turned back the sheets, my family and I noticed the sheets had remained unchanged! I have heard of this happening at other hotels, but never in my life imagined it was true! There were other people's hairs and filth in my bed. Needless to say, a good nights rest would have to wait!

As far as food choices, we only ate the breakfast there, we chose to go out to eat at a nearby steakhouse. We were highly dissapointed with the choices the breakfast buffet offered...there just weren't very many.

We felt like we should have received better service and rooms due to the fact we paid nearly $200/night per cabin, about the same we paid for at a 4 star resort in Papagayo.

Unfortunately, we as a group, decided to cut our Arenal time that we planned for our vacation short and check out of the hotel early. We decided to go back to Playa Hermosa, and spend the remaining part of our vacation there. We stayed at Villas Sol..where the food, the service, and the rooms were well worth it!

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member tourgirl79

This hotel was great. It was off the main road, so it was peaceful and you could hear the howler monkeys in the distance. The grounds were amazing. The swimming pool looked small, but we were too busy to use the pool. Besides why would you want to hang out at a swimming pool when there are so many other neat things to do. Don't bother booking activities in advance (at least during the rainy season). The hotel has a wonderfully informative tour desk that can book everything for you depending on the weather. I would only recommend the horseback riding offered by the hotel for someone experienced. I would also recommend not renting a vehicle. I would recommend the hanging bridges, but if you really want to see wildlife, go on the safari float tour.

Pura Vida - Volcano views from your bed

by TripAdvisor Member Sloane_rangers

Excellent friendly hotel prepared to go the extra mile - transfer did not turn up to take us Tabacon springs - so boyfriend of owner's daughter took us there and collected us later - that typifies service and attitude of this cosy family run hotel.

Excellent food - particularly - grilled Sea Bass - everything freshly prepared, good ingredients - superb garlic toast

Great relaxing by the pool or having a massage

Excellent tour guide organised for tour to the volcano - for a family of 6 - he was too enthuiiatic and we got locked in the national park - but that added to the excitement - and the specialness of the place.

Guide also showed us the nature - including an eye lash viper - and explained what to be careful of to minimize the risks of being bitten.

Thoroughly recommended

Only minor criticism is they use biological detergent for washing - so if you are very sensitive to detergent - do not stay here

Absolutely superb!!! I will definitely go back ASAP!

by TripAdvisor Member singpraises

We planned to stay 3 nights, but stayed extra because everything about the resort was wonderful. Every employee was friendly, courteous, helpful, knowledgeable...etc. The rooms were clean and beautiful. We woke up to a fantastic view of the volcano every morning. The food was excellent. The resort is owned by a local, and it exemplifies the tico personality. It's still small enough to be very personal. While we ate a wonderful breakfast, we watched hummingbirds, a sloth, butterflies and monkeys playing in the trees. This is a definite don't miss.

Very relaxing!

by TripAdvisor Member DrRX

We traveled to Costa Rica at the beginning of July 07. We visited Arenal, Monteverde, and Playa Conchal. This was by far our favorite place. The tropical foliage was beautiful. The rooms were very simple and certainly adequate all with volcano views (if you're lucky). The room did smell like pesticide when we first entered, but believe me, after you are there for a while you begin to appreciate the fact that that problem was taken care of (the mosquitos are huge!) and after you start circulating the air with the air conditioning you don't notice the smell anymore. There are 2 things I really enjoyed about this resort. #1 sitting on your private patio in a rocking chair just viewing the volcano. This was so nice and relaxing. Plus the resort grounds are beautifully manicured and there are humminbirds everywhere so this is just an overall great experience. Just hope that you get to see the cone of the volcano. We got to see it the first day we were there and then it was cloud covered the rest of the time. #2 the spa services. I am a huge fan of a massage and I believe that I got the best massage I have ever experienced at the resort spa. Everyone is tempted to go to the nearby thermal springs (it may be nice to go sit in the natural baths) but there is no need to pay more for a massage there when you can get exactly what you are looking for right on the resort. The food at the resort was also good. The neighboring city of La Fortuna is very charming with some good restaurants. I definitely recommend PureTrek Canyoning. It is located right next to the resort and allows an inexperienced person to canyon down waterfalls in the jungle. It was a great experience. Also, absolutely do NOT do the jeep boat HORSEBACK over to Monteverde. My husband thought this would be a great way to spend the 4 hour trip over to Monteverde instead of having to drive around the lake. We were mistaken!! It was one of the worst experiences of our lives!! The horses were not in the best condition and the trails were absolutely dangerous (my horse fell twice)! Do the jeep, boat, jeep if you choose this option. The boat ride was really relaxing and allowed some great pics of the volcano.

Restaurant at Arenal Springs ResortRestaurant at Arenal Springs Resort