200 mtrs sur Escuela, Brasilito, 5159, Costa Rica
Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

More about Conchal Hotel

Best in the area for the price

by TripAdvisor Member DrRX

The Conchal Hotel is actually located a short walk from Playa Brasilito. It takes about 20 minutes to walk from the hotel to Playa Conchal. Brasilito has dark sand and the sand at Conchal is comprised of broken up shells. The beaches were a little disappointing to my husband and I because of the large amount of litter everywhere. If you've been to carribbean beaches these do not compare. The hotel itself was okay. It was clean and had lots of character. From what we could tell it was the nicest hotel in the area with the exception of the $300+ per night resort. The rooms were small but sufficient and the ower Simon is very nice and accomodating. Beware of the mosquitos in this area, they are everywhere! Also, bring your pocketbook as the area eateries are very expensive for what you get and most of them would miserably fail a department of health inspection in the states.

Wonderful hotel and amazing staff

by TripAdvisor Member tmtran

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Conchal for five days. From the first day we were pleased with the service. Simon (the owner) came out to greet us in the pouring rain and helped us to our room. The room was spacious, the air conditioning was quiet and powerful and the most important of all it was clean. There is also a little fridge in the room to store leftovers. The staff at Hotel Conchal made us feel like one of the family. They went out of their way to help us with directions and information about places that we wanted to explore. When I say out of their way, i really mean it. They gave us step by step directions and called up places and asked them many questions for us. Beth (the manager) & Simon (the owner) were the best of the best when it comes to customer service. The breakfast is also delicious. We also spent a few evenings in the Rancho and used their wi-fi internet and lounged and read our books on the hammocks. At night they make it especially romantic and turn on little lights around the rancho, light a candle on the small patio outside of each room, & light tiki torches around the pool. It is a great, friendly & quiet place to stay. We loved it! The restaurants around the area are good. We recommend that you go with the staffs recommendations, they were the best we had on the entire trip, especially Roy's Restaurant. Thanks Hotel Conchal for making our trip wonderful!

The best place in Conchal!

by TripAdvisor Member SiLondon

Had a great stay in this slice of paradise. Simon was the most of helpful of owners (helping us book all our onward bus journeys), the room was very comfortable, the breakfasts a great way to start the day and the beach (Playa Conchal) is stunning. Even the rainy season failed to properly live up to its name with only one afternoon storm! Highly recommended.

Great Hosts; good value

by TripAdvisor Member bobbymunjabi

We stayed here for part of our honeymoon at the end of September.
The hosts (Simon and his wife) are incredibly friendly, assisted us w/ arranging for all accomodations for travel, were very responsive, polite available and welcoming.
They run a scuba business (we weren't there in the right season) but Simon had some pretty incredible photos of mantas that he had taken on other trips.
The rooms were clean, the staff incredibly friendly, and the best pico de gallo we had of all the places we stayed. The cabana for eating breakfast is very cozy and relaxing.
The draw-backs - during the rainy season the beach in brasilito is pretty brown with river run off and expect to ford some ankle deep creeks to get to the nicer beach at Conchal (about 2 km walk). That being said its a lot cheaper than staying at Paradisus; and I'm sure Brasilito is a little nicer in the drier season.
Also a lot of the rooms are near the towns central road - its not a very busy road but if you're a very light sleeper bring ear plugs.
There are two or three reasonable restaurants in town. But if you have a lonely planet - the management has changed and dinners are no longer prepared at the hotel.

Great place to stay in Brasilito

by TripAdvisor Member gago5

We just got back from an awesome trip to Costa Rica and stayed 10 days at the Conchal Hotel. Simon and his staff (Berta and Rosa) treated us like family. We had a fantastic breakfast everyday. The kids loved the pool and had fun up in hammocks after our day of exploring was over. This is great place to stay and go on little day trips through the Guanacaste area. Our rooms were clean and nice. We stayed in the 2 bedroom casita with our 3 kids and it was very comfortable. While staying in the Brasilito area check out a little soda called Roy's Place. It was our favorite! Overall. we loved Costa Rica and the Conchal Hotel!

We loved the Conchal Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member carolinaviajera

We stayed at the Conchal Hotel from Dec 29, 2007-Jan 3, 2008. I would highly recommend this hotel and I hope to return again very soon. The hotel is lovely with very clean rooms and a beautiful pool! Breakfast is served on the second floor of the rancho which also has a nice sitting area and a fabulous hammock on the top level.

Simon, the owner of the hotel, is wonderful! He was so helpful in booking excursions and assisting us with anything we needed (good conversation, bug spray, bottled water, etc.) Overall, he is a great guy and very resourceful. It's apparent he is incredibly well-traveled and knows what people appreciate when they are on holiday.

Brasilito is a gem of a place as well! Having never traveled to Costa Rica, I didn't know much about the various beach areas on the Pacific Coast. I read such great reviews about Conchal Hotel and Playa Conchal that I booked right away. Although very small, the town itself is darling and has a great energy. There are also handful of restaurants which offer something for every traveler.

Great Experience

by TripAdvisor Member twr2

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Conchal Hotel this past Dec/Jan for one week. Upon walking into the hotel, your first impression is that of a tropical oasis - the greenery, pool, rancho, etc., all work in combination to create this experience. We arrived late on New Year's eve and although Reception was closed, we were greeted with a welcome note from Simon (the owner) suggesting nearby locations to bring in the new year, as well as cold beers and soft drinks in the fridge - a nice personalized touch! That little extra turned out to typify the service at the hotel, with both Simon and Ginette (the manager) always willing to put in the extra effort to make sure your trip is as smooth as possible. On top of the regular assistance for tours and arranging transfers to and from the airport, their local knowledge of nearby shops and restaurants was invaluable.

Located on the edge of the town of Brasilito, the beach, grocery stores and several restaurants, serving both typical Costa Rican foods as well as Italian and North American fare, are all within walking distance.

The rooms are clean and comfortable with A/C, satellite TV, mini-fridge and safe.

Included in the rates is a solid breakfast - usually gallo pinto (traditional Costa Rican rice and beans), scrambled eggs, toast, cereals, fresh fruits, juices and sometimes pancakes. Coffee and purified water are available 24/7.

In short, I wouldn't hesitate to either stay at the Conchal Hotel again or to recommend it to anyone looking for a clean place, great location, very reasonable rates and top-notch service.

"Simply Perfect!"

by TripAdvisor Member CarolynNYC

This was my first visit to Costa Rica and I feel so fortunate to have chosen Brasilito and the Conchal Hotel in particular as a warm weather retreat from the cold New York City winter. Two gorgeous beaches, Playa Brasilito and Playa Conchal, are just a quick skip down the road and offer up a wide range of beach activities, as well as a few great eatery options. In particular the snorkeling at Conchal Beach was amazing and I went nearly every day during my stay.

The Conchal Hotel itself, is superbly located in the sleepy little town of Brasilito, and is so utterly charming and relaxed I felt at home immediately. Much of the relaxed and congenial atmosphere is credited to the owner, Simon, and Ginette (the manager). They are appropriately attentive hosts who are not only knowledgeable about the area, local customs and wildlife, but go out of their way to make sure their guests are happy and enjoy their time in Costa Rica.

Rooms were spacious, clean, comfortably appointed and situated around a beautiful pool deck area and “rancho” where a very generous breakfast is served every morning with the most delicious coffee I’ve ever tasted! The overall style of the property has a very warm and natural feeling unlike some of the other more sterile and cookie-cutter options in the area.

I would definitely recommend the Conchal Hotel and given the opportunity to return to Costa Rica, would most certainly stay there again.

Cheerful, well situated, friendly

by TripAdvisor Member TheGuvnor007

A charming elegant hotel, geographically well located for beaches, restaurants, and day trips to the diverse National Parks of the Guanacaste region, yet away from the hustle and bustle of the beach scene. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the courtyard and pool a wonderful oasis to repose and relax. For me, a feature is how Hotel Conchal is run and managed; with just the right amount of calm energy and attention that enables one to fully enjoy and revel in your time
in Costa Rica. Highly recommended.

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member travlin12

Simon and his staff are to be commended on a great operation.
Conchal is a very laid back experience yet there is plenty to do in the area.
They even handled the booking for two nights at Arenal area hotels during our trip.
All of our excursions and hotel rooms booked by Conchal were perfect with no problems.
It's a small hotel where you are made to feel welcome and are well taken care of.
Simon gives great advise on things to do in the area and is available to answer any questions you may have.
All in all a great experience!

Comments