200 mts before hotel Jardin Del Eden, Tamarindo, Costa Rica
Hotels.com Expedia.com Travelocity

More about Tamarindo

Blue Dolphin Catamarans - Happy Girls (2009)Blue Dolphin Catamarans - Happy Girls (2009)

Remember Costa Rica, Dinner PlateRemember Costa Rica, Dinner Plate

Almost Up, Stay Focused!Almost Up, Stay Focused!

Surfers Mingle on Playa Grande BeachSurfers Mingle on Playa Grande Beach

Tours in Tamarindo?

by smokinbc

I'm planning on checking out Tamarindo in the next couple of months, and want to take some tours while I'm there. Does anyone know anything about the tour companies in the town? Any recommendations? Anyone heard of CR Paradise? I want to check out nature and have a good time. Let me know if you have any suggestions or can comment on who has the best tours. Thanks.

Re: Tours in Tamarindo?

by travlinmann

You should really try TAM Tours. The tours and the guides are GREAT. I loved the tour to Nicaragua best. I'm heading there again myself the first wk of May and will be taking one of TAMS tours again!! Ask for Esmeralda and mention Sander White from Canada sent you!!

Good Luck

Re: Tours in Tamarindo?

by denytzia

yes there are plenty of tour companies along the main city street, they all offer differnet types of tours, atv, horsebackriding jungle canopy ziplines ect. mostly you can just walk up get information and book a tour for the next day or so.

Travel Tips for Tamarindo

Tamarindo

by a005116

Tamarindo is to may what it is to the average Tico (Costa Rican), a gringo town. The're more foreigners walking around than Costa Ricans. Although Tamarindo is a nice place to escape the rice and beans in one of the many nice restaurants along the main street. The beach is especialy loved by surfers. If you'de like more to swim you better go a bit further to Playa Langosta.

Southern Beaches

by jenn_d

The Nicoya Penninusla offers beach after beach of unspoiled coastline. Tamarindo is the most developed of the beach towns and it takes but a short ride north or south to stumble across less touristy areas.

We went to Playa Avellanas because the current at Tamarindo was unusually strong for swimming and begining surfing.

Avellanas also has a protected reef, perfect for snorkeling and carefree swimming.

gallo pinto...

by pollon

both if you walk the sea front from the side of the road or from the beach, it's full of restaurants where in the morning you can find from the typical desayuno tico with "gallo pinto" (rice and black beans which always come with breakfast like bread in Italy) or an american or still an european breakfast...

Snorkel

by Jase1177

Snorkeling is a very popular activity at Tamarindo (aside from surfing) because it can be done by many people from the complete novice to seasoned veteran. There are quite a few services and prices in Tamarindo. My hotel offered information on a 6-hour tour complete with a luxury yacht, lunch, and cocktails for about $85/person. I chose to go with a less extravagant tour.

I stopped off at the Agua Rica shop in the shopping center in the center of the main road late in the afternoon and arranged for a tour the following morning at 8AM. The tour cost $45 for everything on a 3hour tour, including light refreshments. This company does scuba arrangements and classes as well. The snorkel crew was actually a sub-contractor from Mandingo Tours who offers sunset tours.

On the morning of the tour, I had to meet on the beach to wait for our guides. There is a point on the beach where all the boat tours meet because all the boats are anchored offshore since there are no docks. On my particular tour, there was one couple and myself, along with the driver and two guides (quite a good ratio!) We went out on a small boat (about 2-3times the size of a dingey). After about 30mins we stopped out the first location where we dove for about an hour. It was quite a sight with many beautiful fish, urchin, corral, turtles, and other smaller marine life. After we reboarded the boat, we went off to another location that had a larger selection of corral. Our guides definitely took time to show us unique creatures if they showed up, but left us to explore on our own. One of the guides brought up sea stars from the bottom and even found a porcupine fish (puffer fish or blow fish) to show us...the cute little thing even puffed up for us. The guides and driver quite friendly and knowledge about the area and the creatures living there.

I would definitely recommend taking the time to go out and snorkel for a few hours.

Must see beach - Playa Conchal

by CaptainDan

This is the only close white sand beach around. The white sand is thousands of tiny broken up sea shells which makes the water look so light blue! Its a very cool place to hang out but pretty hidden.

This is a short 10 minute drive from Tamarindo if you take this short cut. This is by far the best looking and least crowded beach around this area.

Comments