Hotel Tropicana

Tamarindo, Province of Guanacaste, Costa Rica

More about Tamarindo

Iguana Surf - Me In a Tight Shirt (2010)Iguana Surf - Me In a Tight Shirt (2010)

Tamarindo - Beach (2009)Tamarindo - Beach (2009)

Tamarindo life, Costa RicaTamarindo life, Costa Rica

Lounging area in front of CopacabanaLounging area in front of Copacabana

Weather in Tamarindo in September and October?

by Derek881

Hi, I am wondering if anyone has been in Tamarindo in September - December and can give me some advice on those months. I have been planning to stay there in September and October, but have been warned that the rain will be relentless and that November and December would be much better if possible.

If anyone has been there for an extended amount of time in September or October, please let me know how it was, particularly, how frequent the rain was.

Thanks, Derek

Re: Weather in Tamarindo in September and October?

by coopermays

Hi Derek,

What you heard is correct. The months of September - November are when we get rain. I lived in Florida & North Carolina most of my life and the rainy season is somewhat like there during the same months. It isn't constant, and it is more frequent than most of the year. It is called the rainy season because we get No Rain from December to April.

We are having an early "rainy season" this year, so it may be over early as well. My advise, come when it suits you. There won't be a big difference from September to November. About Thanksgiving it slacks and is pretty much finished for the season. Will be sunny most of the day, then rain, then sun again. Or at worst, rain a couple of days, then sun again.

Martha Cooper

Travel Tips for Tamarindo

Dental Emergency

by floragv

I was learning how to surf in Tamarindo....... and of course I fell ( like most of the time) I hit the board with my face and I broke my front tooth, this was on a saturday afternoon, my local friend Carlos took me bleeding an d crying to a cople of dental clinics, but they were closed for the weekend he called several times and no one answered the phone, until we called this doctor Jenaro Molina guy from Clinica Dental Tamarindo, who was nice enough to attend me..... Dr Molina took away my pain, sttoped the bleeding and fixed my tooth..... I'm just writing to share my experience in case something happens to you..... he's the doctor to call!!!| I missed watching the monkeys, sunsets and one or two imperials at the beach

Bring your Sunscreen/Bugspray/Aloe...

by NCGabrielle

it's pretty expensive here... bring an umbrella during the rainy season and ALWAYS bring a flashlight... its good to have at night for the roads... so you dont step in potholes... and during the rainy season so you dont step into a RIVER hahah... depending on how nice your hotel is... bring flipflops you can take a shower in just incase... bring sneakers for the tours... LIGHT clothing... no thick shirts... flowy skirts are a good idea... little cameras at the store are expensive... bring digital camera and go to Mr. Tom's and get them put on a CD to store them. dont bring a beach towel just buy one here... we got one for $8 and its also something to have for a souvenier!!! :) bring bathingsuit... duh! ;)

tacos y burritos...

by pollon about Taco Stop

if instead you feel like some mexican taste, the Taco Stop is a few steps ahead the Gecko Restaurant, just in front of the campground.
And the person at the counter was sooo kind... a funny note: while I was leaving him a tip for the nice service, he was making me a discount in the bill...
In the pic fishermen caught in the morning while going out on the sea... and unless you are really starving, don't even think to order two tacos, its dimension is HUGE!

Great Place!!!

by NCGabrielle about La Caracola!

This place impressed me in everyway! It's down in the Town Circle/Center... the waiter was extremely nice... right there every minute we needed him... food was wonderful, owner was so welcoming... hung out with the whole crowd... they show a movie, "wedding crashers" was playing while we were there and there was a whole bunch of us out there watching it... they have two dogs that are the owners... and are SO sweet... they dont bother you at all... my friend doesnt like dogs and she was like saying "awww" about them, and lets just say... thats not normal!!! hahhaa ;) it's also open pretty late and open even on sundays!! have a 2 for 1 beer, well drinks, and i think also wine special every night from 9-12. Mahi was great. Suprised though about the blackening.. i was thinking it was going to be with cajun not peppercorn... but it was still WONDERFUL. garlic mashed potatoes and rice were wonderful... the table beside us had some yummy looking nachos.... we were jealous... they had imperial light :) my favorite.

Eat local pastries

by CaptainDan

One of the my favoriate things to do on vacation is eat the local pastries. Each country seems to have their own style and flavors. Tamarindo has several pastries shops in town where the good are baked each morning. Grab some sweet bread and some coffee and head to the beach.

Comments