Sunrise Condos of Tamarindo

Tamarindo Main Street, 50 meters north from the Tamarindo Diria Hotel, Tamarindo, 50309, Costa Rica
Hotels.com Orbitz.com Expedia.com

More about Tamarindo

Blue Dolphin Catamarans - Deck Hand (2009)Blue Dolphin Catamarans - Deck Hand (2009)

Appartments at Mamiri HotelAppartments at Mamiri Hotel

Paddle, Paddle, PaddlePaddle, Paddle, Paddle

Surfers at Playa GrandeSurfers at Playa Grande

Transportation

by colee454

I am arriving in Costa Rica on Saturday to the Liberia International Airport. I am staying in Tamarindo. Has anyone taken the public bus? Is it easy to get where you need to go or should I rent a car?

I am staying at the Tamarindo Diria and I can't figure out how close a bus stop is.

by globetrottette

You will have a fantastic time in Tamarindo... From Liberia to Tamarindo...it should take you about 2 hours...(not because it's far, but because of the roads conditions)...

I stayed at the Diria 2 years ago and it's a fun hotel (I go to CR every year for the last 8 years)... Don't miss out on their excellent breakfast... they go all out... the host's name is Pablo and is super nice...

Tamarindo is a nightmare though...(filthy/sewage issues) and super super congested.... I would recommend renting a car so that you can explore places like Playa Avellanas (go to Lola's and ask for Maurizio who's one of the bartenders... Tell him Aesha (from France) sent you. Go to Playa Negra and to Pedro's (best arroz con camarones) and if you want to ride horses on the beach. I hope this help... Pura vida mai! You are going to love it

by ddrica

I am all about taking the bus. I would never drive in Costa Rica. People drive crazy, the roads are terrible and you do not need a car other than getting to your destination. Most locals do not even have a car so public transportation is good. I have heard people complain about the buses but I like it. They are comfortable seats. There is not airconditioning but I like heat so I guess it doesn't bother me. The bus ride allows you to travel close to the locals. You can look at the scenery without worrying about the road and where you are going. The one piece of advice that I have is to try to sit by the luggage compartment side so you can watch at stops so no one takes youyr luggage. Last time I actually traveled light enough that I could squeeze my bag in the floor board in by seat so it stayed with me. You can do this with a duffle bag. The over head compartment is for extremely small bags only. You only need shorts and tshirts. There are no dress up occasions in Costa Rica. Just rool you close to save space and go in a duffle.

by MasterCelebrator

Just got back from CR and only rented a car for the last 3 days as we wanted to drive from one beach to another and visit playa grande in the evening for the turtles.
We travelled around easily with public transport and you can also use interbus which is focused to tourists and brings you comfortably (new minibuses) from one hotel to another (www.interbusonline.com).

If you'd rent a car I'd like to suggest not using POAS as we are not satisfied with them.

Pura vida
Jelle

Travel Tips for Tamarindo

Look Up

by jenn_d

Monkeys are everywhere! There was a family of about 20 howler monkeys living in the trees above our B&B. Howler monkeys make a sound similar to the bark of a German Shephard and there was one night inparticular when no one at the B&B got any sleep. It sounded like a monkey war of the worlds outside..the noise on our roof and the shreiking were so loud and aggressive that I literally expected to find a monkey corpse on my doorstep the next morning

Fresh Baked Goodies!

by Canadian_Traveler about Panaderia de Paris (at Hotel Laguna del Cocodrilo)

A simple, little French bakery on the main street in Tamarindo with fabulous chocolate croissants and various other fresh baked goods (crescent rolls, breads, cookies, pastries)that will make you believe you're in a Parisian Bakery. The chocolate croissants are delicious! But come early...they go quick!

Tico food @ tico prices

by jkirincich about Noguis

Easily the best prices in town with a unmatched breakfast and good dinners with very large portions. Whether you prefer tico or american you'll be satisfied. A good indicator is that all the locals eat here. many times more people at all times of the day than any other restaurant in town. They have another dining area upstairs that is more upscale and the menu is more american oriented as well. didn't have a bad meal here in 2 weeks

Those who can't surf......sunbathe

by jenn_d

Costa Rica is a well know surfers mecca. We were fortunate that our house managers son was an instructor. He spent the a morning showing us the ropes at Playa Avellana. He charged us $23 pp for transport to the beach, surfboard rental, surf lesson and a cooler of Imperials ~ the official beer of Costa Rica.

There are two surf shops in town which rent boards for as little as $10 a day.

turtles...

by pollon

and on this lovely beach, which is also a natural reserve, turtles nest and the little ones say hallo to the world but when I tried to book a tour, which unfortunately can only be guides, at the centre of turtles, all was booked also for the following six days... :-(...
try:
for some more infos... anyway any tour operator on site offer you this too.
In the pic, Irena, a tourist met on the playa and me... thanks a lot to her for having sent me this pic and to her husband for having taken it!.

Comments