Ciudad Cariari, Los Arcos, Rotonda No.1, No.17, Heredia, Costa Rica

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Heredia

Patio YardPatio Yard

Main EntranceMain Entrance

these smelled incredible at night!these smelled incredible at night!

View from the balconyView from the balcony

Accommodations in Hereida, and best time of year

by kelly616

Hi- I am planning to visit Hereida sometime before the end of the year. Do you have any recommendations for affordable (cheap) hotels? I am planning to stay for 2-3 weeks. It doesn't have to be anything fancy- just relatively clean and safe.

Also, is there one time of the year I should definitely avoid?

Thanks- any information will be really helpful!

by IluvCstaRca

Are you talking about Heredia the town between Alajuela and San Jose? It is a busy little University town and should have lots of little B&B's and inexpensive places. I would get a good guide book (as current as possible) and check in there because they have places to stay that are listed by price. Alajuela has plenty of inexpensive places and isn't far (about 50cents by bus) to Heredia. If you are going there for a special reason like school, I am sure the school can help you get something. Vida Tropical is a little B&B right near the airport in Alajuela. The guys there are great and really helpful. If you stayed there when you arrived for a few days I am sure they could help you find something closer to where you need to be.

by chachi1950

I happened to be visiting here at Wolfgang Lodge.
I have visited 8 countries in Europe and all the countries in Latin America.
Costa Rica is one of the most peaceful countries in the World. The abolition of the military
in 1948 shows the attitude of the government and the people towards Peace.
Also Costa Rica and citizens have a great appreciation on Nature.
This is not a Third World Country by any means. The main export is computer chips manufactured by Intel. 30% of all Intel computer chips worldwide are produced here.
I have visited C.R. 8 times and enjoyed myself thoroughly . I know practically all of the country
as I have visited most parts. But when I encountered Wolfgang lodge I knew that my search for Paradise had ended.
Wolfgang Lodge is located at an altitude of 5500 feet. The air is fresh and clear. There are horses for you to ride and if you want to go to the City of Heredia it is only 15 minutes away.
Wolfgang lodge is located in Los Angeles. Angels truly do live here. The people are hard-working farmers. And in great health and serenity. Which is the way I feel when I am here.
Stress and noise are unknown.
Wolfgang Lodge is a birdwatchers paradise. But in reality all the animals live in peace.
The other day I was sitting on the porch and a few feet away a cat, rabbit and chicken were
sitting within one foot of each of each other it is almost as if they were visiting with each other
and discussing their luck at being here.
I hope that you take advantage of the opportunity to spend your vacation here.

by chachi1950

I happened to be visiting here at Wolfgang Lodge.
I have visited 8 countries in Europe and all the countries in Latin America.
in 1948 shows the attitude of the government and the people towards Peace.
Also Costa Rica and citizens have a great appreciation on Nature.
Stress and noise are unknown.
and discussing their luck at being here.
I hope that you take advantage of the opportunity to spend your vacation here.
For more information contac Carlos at Hotel@tucantico.com

RE: Accommodations in Hereida, and best time of year

by wjrincr

Hotel Heredia is moderatly priced and in the center of town.I will check on others for you. I live here in Heredia and love it. Would not live any where else. Lots to do between Christmas and new Years here.

Bill

by marioaguilarporras

the time you have to avoid it's october.
the best place to stay our hotel no too fancy,green spa, beautiful view of San Jose contact me maapo2000@yahoo.com i'll give you the best rate for those days you want to come and enjoy C.R.
my name : Mario

Travel Tips for Heredia

CITY OF FLOWERS

by Sininen

It is not quite clear to me why Heredia is called city of flowers, because I visited many place where there were more flowers. Heredia was nice enough a city to spend a day and then continue to more exiting places.

Its Parque Central is the place to see your friends and have a chat or rest your legs and look at people. Every now and then you are harrassed by vendors but they leave you when you tell them that you don't want to buy anything. NO is still respected here.

This path in the garden of La Inmaculada Conceptión church shows that Heredia must have lots of flowers somewhere though I didn't manage to see them!

Comments