Hidden Canopy Treehouses Boutique Hotel

300m este del cruce Camino Sky Trek, , Costa Rica

More about Hidden Canopy Treehouses Boutique Hotel

Amazing... Unique!!!

by TripAdvisor Member haendelcr

Wow, this was the most amazing experience of my life, the rooms are fuuly private, personalized, and the owner Jen, is one of the most amazing persons I've ever met. You feel like you are at home. I know I'll come back to Canopy Tree House Hotel someday, I think this place is the best Monteverde has to offer.

Haendel Lacayo

PD. Highly reccomended for newlyweds... the honeymoon suite is out of this world!!!

Awesome Find in the Rainforest!

by TripAdvisor Member NCVacationer088

We happened upon this beautiful place by accident and it turned out to be the highlight of our trip. The immaculate, private, unique setting of each "treehouse" combined with the generous, warm hospitality of Jen, the owner, stood out amongst all of the places we stayed in our five day trip to Costa Rica. To awaken surrounded by the beautiful trees seen through our large windows to a home cooked breakfast was wonderful. We were invited to have tea the afternoon before to watch the sunset from Jen's lovely terrace...it is such a unique place particularly in that area. Jen had a wonderful dream and she is making it come true by serving others in her home - it was great to be a part of fulfilling her passion and sure success!

Absolutely Impeccable

by TripAdvisor Member sherberty

Honestly, I don't even know where to begin with Hidden Canopy Treehouses. It was spectacular, far beyond my expectations. We stayed in the newest tree house, Glade, and I can't tell you how incredible it was (check out my pictures!). The floors and paneling were beautiful. The skylights and picture window made us feel like we were in the middle of the jungle (and we were!), but we were in the lap of luxury in our own secluded little paradise. Jen, Chris and Will were the most gracious hosts and made us feel at home right away. They really took the time and effort to make sure that we were happy and comfortable. I would highly recommend anyone going through Monteverde stay nowhere else but here!

Our favorite hotel in Costa Rica. It's worth every penny & more!

by TripAdvisor Member UT00

Absolutely one of the nicest places that we stayed on our 8 day trip in Costa Rica. Jennifer is an absolute sweetheart and made our one night stay there phenomenal. We felt right at home from the start.

She first welcomed us with a fabulous coffee overlooking the magnificent views of the valley below. It was even possible to see the Nicoya peninsula from the outside porch. The rooms were amazing and each little tree-house was different than the next, but all amazing. The honeymoon suite was complete with a Jacuzzi that was covered in panoramic glass that hung right in the trees. Awesome.

We stayed in the Never land tree house that fits two couples comfortably and has an amazing view of the valley below. Each couple had their own bedroom, and there was a nice living room where games could be played, etc. while looking at the amazing views through the large single pane glass windows. We were on a trip with our parents and had a lovely time here--we just needed more time!! I can’t say enough about this place. The pictures don’t do it justice and it is a must if staying in Monteverde.

It was by far one of the best places that we stayed on our entire trip!! While we were there, the head of tourism for the Monteverde area stopped in and said that this was the best place to stay in the area and I agreed full heartedly. Even the dog was cool here. I wish we would have stayed 2 more nights there—and this is definitely a 2 night stay minimum-maybe 5 if you really want to relax.

We had an amazingly delicious breakfast and were stuffed to the brim with the best Costa Rican fresh fruits, breads, preserves, eggs, galla pinto (yumm!!!), and more…not to also mention the wonderful platanos murados. There was even a frog pond being built while we were there next to the beautiful koi fish pond.

The Hidden canopy is about a 3 minute drive from the center of town and about a 10 minute drive to the Selvatura Park that has zip-lining and the walk through the cloud forest on the hanging bridges. We got a combination pass at the park : $65 that included the hanging bridges and the zip –lining. We would recommend the Don Juan restaurant in town for dinner any day of the week which was recommended by Will, one of the staff at The Hidden Canopy. It had outrageous food for a good price and a great ambiance. It is located above the supermercato in town and co-located with a wood-art gallery.

Before coming to Costa Rica, Jenn was very helpful in answering the numerous questions we had regarding Monteverde and the surrounding areas. If we had any questions while we were there, Jennifer was more than happy to chat with us and gave us some great recommendations of the area, she even did our laundry for us!!

STAY HERE if you are even thinking about traveling to Monteverde.

Most unique, beautiful, friendly place we stayed at in Costa Rica. And, it saved my life.

by TripAdvisor Member jaesuhn

Our experience with Hidden Canopy and owner Jennifer King began very positively with her quick, friendly, and informative e-mail communications after our initial inquiry. My wife and I were traveling to Costa Rica for our Honeymoon, with Monteverde the choice for our fourth out of five locations. We hadn't decided on our final location yet and Jenn helped our decision with some great input.

We drove to Hidden Canopy from the Volcan Arenal/La Fortuna area. It was a beautiful drive, taking only about 4 hours (GPS helps!), though the last portion of the drive is over bumpy unpaved road. We were glad to have an SUV to make it more comfortable. When we arrived, we couldn't have been more pleased. Jenn's employee Will checked in and showed us around. Our lodge was the "Eden" which was two floors, had beautiful woodwork, an amazing hot tub, and separate waterfall shower. The minibar was well stocked and very reasonably priced. The rooms are all very private, and the grounds are wonderfully landscaped. Will was also exceptionally friendly and helped us make plans for outings and dining.

Hidden Canopy has a Sunset Tea each night. The view from the main lodge is spectacular, the treats are tasty, and we met so many personable and interesting people. The tea we attended also doubled as a birthday party and it was great to meet some of the local personalities.

Hidden Canopy is a very short drive to Santa Elena Reserve, Selvatura Park, and the town of Santa Elena which is small and charming. Walking would be tough to any of those locations.

We were set to stay at Hidden Canopy for two nights. We had come from Arenal, where we stayed for three nights, but I was struck with an intestinal infection / food poisoning / stomach flu while there. I was sick in bed the entire time, but after taking Cipro felt completely better the day we drove from Arenal to Hidden Canopy. We hiked the hanging bridges in Selvatura, had Sunset Tea, and drove to the town of Monteverde for dinner. We came back to Hidden Canopy and went to bed fairly early. I awoke around 10PM with the most painful headache I've ever had. It felt like I had been stabbed in the head with four icepicks. Around midnight, after Tylenol failed to help at all and my fever had risen to over 102, my wife went to the main lodge to get Jenn. Jenn knew about my previous illness and had told us to come get her for any reason at any time. Jenn had experience as a nurse's assistant and helped get my fever down with ice-water soaked towels. She also had called a local doctor, Dr. Johnny. Dr. Johnny gave me an IV and further helped get my fever down. They stayed up with us until 4 AM and left thinking that my headache would decrease since my fever was down. At 6 AM I awoke and my head hurt even worse than before. My wife got Jenn again, who called Dr. Johnny again. Jenn picked up a new antibiotic for me and Dr. Johnny gave me another IV. I didn't improve and my wife finally decided I needed to be moved to a hospital. They arranged an ambulance to drive me three+ hours to the best hospital in the country, CIMA hospital in San Jose. Jenn loaned us her cell phone so that we could make the many necessary phone calls revolving around being hospitalized. I was diagnosed with bacterial meningitis and received treatment for 2 weeks under the watch of wonderfully helpful and friendly hospital staff. Jenn continued to call and check in with us to make sure everything was okay. She also helped us with returning our rental car, canceling our final location, and several other details.

So, not only was Hidden Canopy everything someone would want for their Honeymoon stay, but the help we received there also saved my life as bacterial meningitis is fatal if not treated! It wasn't the ending to our Honeymoon that we wanted, but we feel lucky that Jenn was smart and involved enough to get us where we needed to be before it was too late.

We can't wait to come back to Costa Rica, and Hidden Canopy will be on our itinerary for each and every visit!

An Amazing Visit!

by TripAdvisor Member jackLA

We had a really wonderful visit to Hidden Canopy with our two small kids, who are 4 and 6. When we looked at the rooms, we weren't sure they had a treehouse that would work for us with a separate room for the kids, but we found out there was one (Neverland) which had a separate master on the top level and a bedroom downstairs, separate from the living room, which would be perfect so we went ahead and booked.

When we arrived, we saw right away that this was as beautiful as it looked on the web. Jen (the owner) has built a really special, unique place that both works well with the trees its nestled in yet feels cozy and luxurious inside. It's not your run of the mill treehouse, not even close. The main house is beatifully done and set up for guests, and we felt welcomed from the start. That doesn't always happen when you have two curious, outgoing kids, but from movies for the kids to breakfast requests (cocoa krispies!) to great stories and conversation, Jen and Will had us covered from the start and through our visit. I truly can't think of a single downside to staying here, and while it's definitely not a budget spot we found it well worth the price. Our kids were always happy to return back to our treehouse at the end of each day even though we had great, full days in Monteverde.

We loved waking up and taking in the tree tops from the living room each morning and the patio in the main house also has great views we took in during breakfast and in the evening. And my wife was very happy that there were no insects at all inside the treehouse (that was key in choosing where we'd stay...). (we also enjoyed some great spots in town like Cafe Cabure and Sofies for dinner, Morpho's and for lunch, the Butterfly Jardin, Cheese Factory, and our animal/forest tour with a naturalist was really incredible). There was a lot of nature around the treehouse, too, including moths and butterflies, a cool toad, fish in the fishpond, and neat stickbugs, all of which we could see on our walks to and from our room (outside only).

By the time you get to Monteverde you will be used to the roads. The Hidden Canopy is in a beautiful and quiet area, which is also why it is out of the main town of Santa Elena - you will need a car or cab to get most places from here.

We all had just a marvelous, comfortable time all around. My wife and I have travelled to many places and stayed at many hotels and inns - this is a very special place and one we'll remember always, the kind of place you think about and try to plan to return to as soon you can. I recommend it highly! Also, don't miss Jen's wonderful cookies.

Amazing! So cozy and unique!

by TripAdvisor Member c_dog123

We stayed two nights at the Hidden Canopies in the Glade Treehouse as part of our 2 week honeymoon in Costa Rica. Our entire time here was fantastic and our only regret was that we didn't stay longer.
Jen, the owner, was so helpful, and so knowledgeable about the entire Monteverde area. Trust her restaurant recommendations, they were perfect for whatever we were looking for. Our entire trip, including activities (hiking, zip-lining) was planned in advance, but she was very helpful to other guests that were looking for fun things to do while there.
The room, cottage really, was very private - perfect for a honeymoon. There was a large bed, and a cozy sitting area for watching all the nature out of your floor to ceiling windows. The walkways to get to the different cottages are well-lit, so no need for a flashlight.
Each day Jen offers all the guests afternoon coffee and tea, as well as some yummy snacks. All the guests would hang out together and talk about their days and tell funny stories. It was such a relaxed atmosphere - Jen even let us bring another couple we'd met in Arenal to tea, and gave them a tour of her establishment.
I highly recommend this place, and based on discussions with other honeymooning couples we met, it seems to be the nicest place to stay in the Monteverde area in terms of room quality. Have fun and say hi to Jen!

Amazing accommodations. Awesome service.

by TripAdvisor Member trevelle

Our biggest disappointment on our weeklong trip to Costa Rica is that we could only stay at Hidden Canopy Treehouses Boutique Hotel for just one night -- we had to be at the airport the next night for our flight home. Had we found this gem of a place earlier in our trip, we undoubtedly would have extended our stay. The accommodations are among the most unique you'll ever find -- individual round "chalets" built at canopy level of the forest. With massive windows on most sides, you'll see nothing but trees and distant mountains. The quality of the construction and interior furnishings is exceptional -- unique handmade headboards, tables, etc. and some interesting artwork as well. The large, triangular shower made of natural stone with both waterfall and rain shower was spectacular. The bed was incredibly comfortable and had good reading lights on either side of it for those of us who like to read in bed. There was also a stocked mini bar with snacks and drinks and prices that were comparable to what you'd find in a store -- a nice plus. On top of all that, the service was great as well. The owner/imagineer behind this experience is Jenn King, who goes out of her way to make each guest feel like they're the only ones there. She's incredibly helpful with providing recommendations and securing reservations and any other support you might need while you're there. The afternoon tea and morning breakfast were nice treats with excellent food and amazing views from the patio. All in all, we couldn't recommend this place more highly.

Wonderful in Every Way!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Rockne05

We stayed at Hidden Canopy for just two nights on our honeymoon... wish we stayed longer! The B&B is located in the hills of Monteverde, sitting close enough to town for a quick drive, but secluded enough that you feel like you're in your own paradise. There are only a handful of rooms / treehouses, and they are all very private. We were the only ones staying on the property at the time.

We stayed in Eden, a two story treehouse with a very cool waterfall shower. The hot tub setting was awesome, set in a glass garden room surrounded by paradise. Jenn (the host) has done a fantastic job building and designing this place.

Breakfast was very good, the best breakfast we had in CR during our trip. It was traditional CR breakfast with gallo pinto, eggs, fruit, etc. They give you a choice of what you want and I think they can pretty much make anything, and we chose this both days because it was so good. The staff is very knowledgable and had great suggestions for activities and dining, and they even set up a private nature tour on our last morning with a very good local guide.

Animals & wildlife... we saw a GIANT toad hanging around the property. At night it was a bug party, I've never heard so many different sounds at once! We saw the coolest centepede, tons of butterflies, all different kinds of birds including hummingbirds. They have two dogs on property that stay outside, they are so cute!!!

I have to say that Monteverde was our favorite location of the trip (we also visited Arenal and Manuel Antonio). There is just something magical and different about the place, very relaxing up in those mountains. I highly recommend Hidden Canopy if you go to Monteverde, you will not be disappointed and it might make Monteverde your favorite as well.

Comments