Hotel De Montana Monteverde

PO Box 07-5655, Santa Elena, Province of Puntarenas, Costa Rica

Hotel Montana Monteverde
Priceline.com Booking.com

• MariusG's Profile Photo

By all means, avoid this hotel!

We stayed there 2 nights about a month ago (May 2011). The building was nice, the location good, and we got a very good and spacious room. And now comes the sad part. Upon my arrival, I asked the front desk guy his recommendation for a tour to Monteverde Cloud Forest, and I was warmly recommended one. During the tour, it turned out that it was in a totally different forest which was not interesting, with a young and very inexperienced guide, and that we saw practically no animals no birds. As I felt cheated badly, upon my return to the hotel, I asked the front desk guy why he did this to me, and then he said that this was a misunderstanding, and that he explained me clearly that this is not Monteverde Cloud Forest. So I showed him the list of tours that he gave me, carrying the hotel logo, and listing this tour in the Monteverde Cloud Forest chapter, but then he said that I am bothering him and wasting his time.

Unique Quality: Before travelling to Costa Rica, I was told that one can count on the advice of the local hotels front desk - this hotel taught me that you better don’t. After my experience with Hotel De Montana Monteverde, I stopped asking the hotels for recommendation, and instead used recommendations form travel guides and from Internet – these worked much better.

• grets's Profile Photo

Perched on a hillside

A little outside the main centre, the hotel is set on a hillside with rooms scattered down the slope. Some of the rooms are a long way to reach and if you have trouble walking, ask for a room near the top.

Restaurant, bar, travel desk, sauna and jacuzzi.

Comments