Los Pinos - Cabanas y Jardines

300 Este escuela publica Cerro Plano, Cerro Plano, Monteverde, , 77-5655, Costa Rica
Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

More about Los Pinos - Cabanas y Jardines

Better than camping?

by TripAdvisor Member ucallmekat

We were a bit disappointed in our stay at Los Pinos. We rented the family cabin for our party of four. It had 3 bedrooms, but we were only allowed access to 2 bedrooms because we were just a party of 4. So, the middle bedroom was locked. That was a bit strange. The cabin also had some small windows that opened, but there are no screens. So basically, there is no fresh air venilation, unless you don't mind bugs. The mattresses and bedding were less than desirable. My husband's twin bed had a plastic mattress pad which he had to remove to be comfortable. The showers were nice and big, but there was little light in the bathroom. The kitchen was OK, but I did notice a small nest of bugs above the sink. Like I said in the title, this cabin was a bit better than camping!

Beautiful and spacious

by TripAdvisor Member MichiganTravelwriter

We had a wonderful experience here. We stayed in the family suite. Each bedroom had a bathroom and we had a full working kitchen. The appliances and cabinets seemed brand new. The cabins really are set apart with beautiful gardens around them. You feel very secluded. We saw agoutis right outside our window and even saw a two-toed sloth in the front yard.
The suite is great for families. There is plenty of room for kids to run around. They also can play on the front porch and in the yard. It is very safe.
The manager speaks beautiful English and will honestly tell you about the local attractions. He even gave us a ride back to the hotel when he saw us in town one afternoon.
The hotel is close to a variety of nice restaurants and you can walk to the aerial tram, the bat cave and downtown Santa Elena.
This hotel is a great value.

Great, Great Place!!!

by TripAdvisor Member TexasTravelingCouple

We stayed at Los Pinos for 4 days and 3 nights and was one of 4 hotels while we toured Costa Rica, and it was by far one of our favorites! Very clean, great service (Raphael, the manager was wonderful every minute), great location, and very private. We would definitely stay at Los Pinos again and is the best rate you can find.

The perfect place

by TripAdvisor Member net01nj

This place is absolutely beautifl. Is a complex of about 12 t 15 small "cabañas"/cottages. All private.. none of them are next to each other. Private bath, full kitchen, w living room and bedroom. The owners and staff are super nice and very relaxed and always attentive to your needs. the price is worthy for what one can get. I took advantage of my staying in Monteverde and saw other hotels, and no one compared as Los Pnos.

If you are hooneymooning, this is the perfect place.

Great spot

by TripAdvisor Member TnEinVA

Despite our Costa Rica theme of rain rain rain, we loved this place. After a couple initial problems with a couple appliances everything was fantastic. Rafael was attentive to the appliances and replaced the problem units which included a brand new refrigerator. This place is great for those seeking privacy. Cabins are well spaced out and at the same time we found it close to dining and other attractions. Close enough to walk into Santa Elena. Rafael and his staff were great and offered very good advice for local attractions. Always smiling! The cabin was a standard unit and fine for two of us. It was nicely cleaned daily. We would definitely stay here again.
www.flickr.com/photos/coastaleddy

Peace and beauty in Los Pinos- Monteverde ;)

by TripAdvisor Member Dariel

I was in Los Pinos only for a little stay.. but I would like to have stayed more. After a terrible experience in Poco a Poco (separate review) we were lucky enough to enjoy a totally different experience in Los Pinos.

It is worth to say as premise that this is not a "Hotel" in the proper sense of the word. This is another kind of lodging that in my country (Costa Rica) is called "cabinas".. there is no more service than lodging in a basic sense (no pool, no breakfast included, they neither have a resturant, even if one of the owners let me know that they are planning to build one only for breakfast purposes). But there is a special comfort in this different idea of lodging: you have a kitchen equiped with the necessary to cook and serve your food. Everything is clean and I had the woderful, cozy feeling of being in a small house all by my own in the middle of the forest. My husband and child had a wonderful green area in fron to enjoy and play together, and there were beautiful, fresh flowers on the table. I have read that the biggest cabins that they have are nor the best, but this of ours, for two people, was beautifully designed, clean and decorated. THere is even a sort of window in the roof that makes the place just beautiful. THe personal are a bit reserved, but helpful and respectful of your privacy: it is part of the whole concept of the place.

One little thing that was not perfect: the bathroom's sink, it wasn't working and we had to wash our hands in the kitchen.. but that was nothing compared with all the good that made us to be in the place.

I just loved stayong there and, after the traumatizing experience at Poco a Poco, to see again the smile of my little one and husband was just priceless. I am so glad we found the Los Pinos and would certainly turn back there! :)

Never again...

by TripAdvisor Member edenfb

Not sure why there are so many good reviews of this place, I couldn't wait to leave. We arrived to our cabin at night time after a long day of traveling and the first thing we noticed upon walking in was the smell -old, dirty feet. Hot water lasted all of 3 seconds before turning freezing cold. I found hair in my bed sheets and they smelled like body odor. The linens looked like they had been used since the 80's. After several cocktails..at our extended dinner to avoid being at our cabin...we just wanted to pass out and for it to be morning so we could get out...but the place creaked all night from the winds and it sounded like there was a mouse in between the walls crying all night.

The only part that was good was the front desk staff who was nice and helpful when it came to planning transportation or tours.

peaceful and lovely visit to this gorgeous area

by TripAdvisor Member shreiker

We stayed at Los Pinos in early December as a group of 3 in the lovely lower cabin. The cabin was a delight with the kitchen being very useful and well appointed. The beds were comfy and the place was clean and homey. I think better lighting could be an improvement but it was adequate. The family manager Rafael was most gracious and helpful during our stay and we certainly recommend this hotel. Our stay was marred by 48hours of drivng heavy rain yet we enjoyed our hikes and activities anyway and managed to see some wildlife and green beauty. The cabin could have used more coat hooks or a coatrack and provision for wet footwear! Perhaps a heater would have been especially comforting but perhaps it isnt as cold and wet usually as it was when we were there! We'd certainly go there again when we return to Costa Rica.

Beautiful gardens,quiet location,superb service!!

My partner and I stayed here for 2 nights and plan to go back and stay longer. Charming wood cabins wth great kitchen facilities,including full size refrigerator,microwave,rice cooker,electric skillet.2 burner propane stove and lots of dishes,pots and pans. Plenty of hot water and large shower. One double and one single bed and dining table and chairs in a standard cabin as well as porch with chairs. The grounds are beautiful with lots of flowers. Far enough off the road to be quiet but close to attractions and good restaurants. They do not serve breakfast but the dinig room of Hotel ElEstablo is adjacent and open to the public. Rafael,the owner, could not have been nicer and he efficiently arranged tours for us. Email rafael@lospinos.net;www.lospinos.net

Loved the Feel of the Place

by TripAdvisor Member Audrey27

My sister and I spent a few nights at Los Pinos and we had a great time. The location was great for all the activities in the area. And when you were done the cabins were private so you could relax. They had lovely gardens all around so you even had beautiful things to look at and photograph right outside your cabin window! Rafael was wonderful! We had everything taken care of for us when we needed transportation or recomendations of any sort. He really made our stay memorable. Thank you Rafael!

Comments