Puerto Manzanillo Hotels

Our Members Say

• grets profile photo grets
  • Reviews: 3429

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Almonds and Corals Lodge: Hammocks in the jungle

25 individual "rooms" connected by wooden walkways.

Reception area with shop and where activities can be arranged.

Laundy is available, but it was not dry when delivered two days later. Allow plenty of time for drying as the humidity is very high here.

Small rustic bar next to the restaurant. Good food and excellent service. Cocktails available.

Paths leading down to a beautiful Caribbean beach with umbrellas for shade as well as hammocks.

My only complaint was the arrival of a tour group on an excursion from a cruise ship, which disrupted the otherwise peaceful tranquility of the place and stretched the services beyond their limits.

An extremely different concept of accommodation:

Tents placed on wooden platforms raised from the jungle floor. Two beds in the tent and another bathroom tent next door on the same platform.

Two chairs and a table on the platform next to the tents, a fan and a hammock.

The whole platform is enclosed with mosquito netting and covered with a roof.

I spent one of the nights sleeping in the hammock - just to be able to say I've spent the night in a hammock in the jungle (a little cheating I know). It was remarkably comfortable, even though I suffer with a back and neck problem. I slept really well and were even able to turn around in the hammock in the night and sleep on my side.

• Opinion of Price: N/A