Samoa Lodge And Resort

50mts north of Dr Echandi's Clinic, Tortuguero, Province of Limon, 10736-1000, Costa Rica
AMOMA.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Samoa Lodge And Resort

Hotels in San Jose, Tortuguero, Arenal, Monteverde and Manuel Antonio

by BertaMartin

I'm going to start a tour in Costa Rica and I need help to choose the hotels. I will travel trought a travel agency and I have two options two choose:

Tourist:

Samoa Lodge
Arenal Paraiso
El Establo
Parador

I took a look on the web pages and I pretty like tourist option.
I don't need spectacular hotels, just clean and well located ones. I have been speaking with some friends that recomends me tourist option but I wold be really grateful if anyone could help me with him/her experience.
To let you know, the difference between tourist and superior is 220euros.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Berta & Miguel.
Barcelona.

Re: Hotels in San Jose, Tortuguero, Arenal, Monteverde and Manuel Antonio

by Suzie3

My sobrina just stayed at the Best Western Irazu. She said it was nothing special but it was clean and good for a couple of nights. You can easily take tours from there. I have stayed at the Heliconia twice in Monteverde and it was a nice place. You can walk to town and to some of the places to see in the area. El Establo is nice but it is not necessary to pay the extra. The Arenal Country lodge gets good reviews. I have stayed at the Arenal Paraiso and really liked it there. The price for the Paraiso might be less than the Country Inn if you are going soon and they have hot springs to sit in.

Have a wonderful trip!

Re: Hotels in San Jose, Tortuguero, Arenal, Monteverde and Manuel Antonio

by BertaMartin

Thanks very much for your answer. It is very helpfull.
Thanks again Suzie.

Jungle Tom Safari's & Tortuguero

by Barney2000

1) Has any used Jungle Tom Safaris before? (I'm thinking of going on their 2D/1N Tortuguero tour)
2) If so, were they any good and were their guides knowledgable?
3) In Tortuguero - has anyone stayed at either Samoa Lodge or Jungle Lodge? Any reviews would be grateful...

Cheers
Eve

Re: Jungle Tom Safari's & Tortuguero

by hopabout

Dear Eve,
I do not know about the tour you have asked about.

I will share the information I do know about the area :
Tortugero Jungle is done by tour. The different lodges pick you up in San Jose or Alajuela very early a.m. take you accross the mountains and eventually the river, where they boat down to the lodges. This method takes about 6 or 7 hours.
You can fly in or out but you miss have of the adventure by doing so, at least, boat in!

Some of the lodges are Pachira, Laguna, Mawamba, Jungle, Tortugero, Ilan Ilan.
Put those words into search engines and see what prices pop up. They have one night and two night trips.

If you are a budget traveler this way might work for you:

Town of Cariari: The bus leaves from San Jose every day at the Caribbean terminal early a.m. I think they advise the direct bus at 9 but best to ask. (buses go all day long, just early a.m. is necessary for this trip.)

In Cariari Terminal on the other side of the mountains, there are little booths to help you plan a trip. This is the budget way but most adverturous, too!

Another bus ride for another small amount of money takes you to the river where boats await. As little as $10 can get you down the river on one of these boats.
Tickets bought at the Cariari bus kiosk in Cariari.

I know of one called Bananero....there are others....check out a Lonely Planet Guide *current.

Once in Tortugero, cabins or in homes for $15, $20 a night.... basic..........very basic......but awesome.

Your boat driver will help you find a room, and talk to you about canal tours in early a.m. that are wonderful.

Two well known cabin spots are Miriams and Miss June's....both good cooks! Careful of the coconut oil, taste great, heavy on the stomach!
Continue to ask about the Safari tours you requested....it may be very good, I just don't know them.

Have a wonderful trip! I love Tortugero!

Hopabout