Blue Palm Hotel

Orbitz.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Jacó

Favorite WaterfallFavorite Waterfall

Fiji the hotel dog (super friendly)Fiji the hotel dog (super friendly)

Inside Nacho Daddy'sInside Nacho Daddy's

Flock of birdsFlock of birds

Jaco to Arenal, other trips,beer?

by mattycil

My girlfriend and i will be travelling to jaco over new year and are keen to head to arenal sometime during our stay,
Is it hard to get to?
How long will it take to get there?
how much will it cost?
and how long should we stay there 4?
Does anyone have any tips on other places to go and places 2 see while we are over there. We fly in on december 27 and fly out 5th.
Also wat is the local beer like? :)

thanx alot

RE: Jaco to Arenal, other trips,beer?

by sean420

From Jaco it sould take about 5 hours driving directly to get to Arenal. You could either rent a car or you can take a bus back to San Jose and then another onward to Arenal. Should cost no more than $15.

RE: RE: Jaco to Arenal, other trips,beer?

by kambrose

Manuel Antonio was nice and the next beach south from Jaco is Playa Hermosa. It's a black sand beach and is beautiful (good surf). ! It takes about 10 minutes to drive there. Get a good map if you are driving. We used the National Geographic (newest edition available) and it was spot on. We drove from Mal Pais to Arenal and while it was a little nerve wrecking at times, it was easy once you got close. Paved roads and what not. Check out Tsunami's in Jaco - tell Micheal Ball that Pete Ambrose says Hi! The major beer there is Imperial which is about 1000 colones or so. About $1/1.50. We always got Bavaria - equivelant to Old Milwaulkee but not bad. It costs 500 colones or about 50 cents.

RE: Jaco to Arenal, other trips,beer?

by Suzie3

It is quite easy to get to Arenal from Jaco. 3-4 hrs. If you go by one of the private buses it will be about $25pp. There are inexpensive places in La fortuna to stay in but I would book them now. That is an expensive time of year to travel to CR and many of the hotels book up because there are so many tourists and Costa Ricans on holiday. Jaco will be booking up as well. For the less expensive places I would look at Lonely Planet. Don't wait much longer or you won't find anyplace available.

Local beer is very good. Imperial is the primary beer and is slightly stronger tasting than Bud. I like the Bavaria dark. There is also Pilsen which is another Bud type beer.

2 places is probably all you will have time for. From Arenal you can easily take the public bus back to San Jose. Very cheap.

RE: RE: Jaco to Arenal, other trips,beer?

by sean420

$1 = 520 colones

1 Beer is about 800 colones or $1.50

Travel Tips for Jacó

For the filfthy, dirty.

by happyhourkid about Divas

Naturally, my friends wanted to take a gander up to Divas, above Pancho Villa's, for a look. It was probably the most run-down strip club I have ever seen (if we're not counting the Show of Shows in Cicero when I was 16 years old.) Very dark inside, sleezy people, and I think I walked out after 2 minutes.

But hey, if that's your thing, have a swell time!

Jaco Beach: Surf & Fun

by AnjoLuci

"JACO"

Just 117 km/72 miles from San Jose, Jaco Beach has become one of the most popular destination for the whole country , both because is close to the capital and because of the enourmous tourist infrastructure it has.

I was quite disappointed with Jaco.
I stayed at Playa Hermosa, but everyday we would take a cab to the Jaco for lunch or dinner.

In reality, I can say that Jaco is the beach and the main street, Avenida Pastor Diaz.

Like many 3rd world country, dogs are a predominance in the streets. Bicycle is the transportation for many costaricans residents.

Everything is so expensive if you think and care for your money.
As soon we got to Costa Rica we exchange our money. Costa Rica currency is Colones. The time we were there 1.00 dollar as iqual to 436.00 Costa Rica Colones.
In Jaco they charge you in dollar. I tried to buy and always ask to convert to colones... There you see you are paying a lot.

There are plenty of restaurants in Jaco. We tried to stick with the ones that served Costa Rican food.

Jaco has an enormous number of handcraft shopes where you can find those pieces of art that we all buy in vacation.

Wood is so predominant in Costa Rica that most of the restaurants you go chair and tables are made of wood. You want to take them home.

But if you are passing in San Jose, do your shopping there.

Everything is the some. I asked some locals where they buy things for themselves, they all say San Jose.

Comments