1 Madrigal Costanera Highway, Jaco, Province of Puntarenas, 4023, Costa Rica

Map of the Jaco areaMap of the Jaco area

A couple of Ara MacaoA couple of Ara Macao

cafe del mar

by matthewsomeday

Right across the street from the Beetle Bar on the corner next to a hotel is a little place that I believe was called Cafe Del Mar or something like it. I liked it very much and remember a young girl by the name of Margarite who works there, at least within a month ago when I was there. She booked a local canopy tour for me (within ten minutes of Jaco) and if you have the number of that cafe, I'd love to ask her that exact name of that tour, since I'd befriended the driver Jorge Alpizar, from Orotino, and his phone no longer seems to be working. I'm concerned for him and would like to see him again on my next trip soon. Margarite surely would remember him and may be able to find him or give him a message. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated. email roym@somedaymusical.com. Many thanks (954)429-3217 Roy Morano, 1552 SW 21st Terrace, Deerfield Beach, Florida 33442.

Re: cafe del mar

by puravidagirl

Hi,

You are right when you call the cafe, Cafe Del Mar. The canopy tour in Jaco is called The Waterfalls Canopy Tour, http://www.waterfallscanopy.com. I'm sorry that I didn't read this post earlier as I just returned from Costa Rica and stayed at Cancioes Del Mar, which is on the beach close to the Cafe. We walked past it everyday! I could have got the phone # for you. You could call a hotel nearby and they may be able to get you this number.

Good luck!

Re: cafe del mar

by Astuariana7

i live in jaco i will try to get the information for you

Re: cafe del mar Jaco

by costaricakid

Roy:

The phone number to Cafe Del Mar from the states is 011-506-2643-1250. There is a new Canopy tour in the area called Vista Los Suenos that blows Waterfalls Canopy away. It is now the very best Canopy Tour in Costa Rica.

I just tried it 2 weeks ago, and it was awesome! Over 13 cables and very safe. You are best off booking it through the Jaco Tour Desk, as they seem to offer the best discounts on the Canopy, ATV, and rafting tours. I have their email address and phone number for your futurte reference.

jacotourdesk@yahoo.com from the states you would dial 011-506-8372-2627

Cafe del mar is also a Wi-Fi hot spoty and usually has a great connection. They also have the best cup of Coffee in town!

Travel Tips for Jacó

You can do everything from rafting to canopy

by krisfromthevalley

My roommate and I decided to take surf lessons at Playa Hermosa, a nearby beach. It is geared towards girls, so it was even better...the waves are perfect for beginners. The sets are slow and they are good for long rides. Towel, bathing suit, and yourself. Might want to bring a rashguard.

Jaco - where everyone knows everyone

by krisfromthevalley

"Jaco-style"

Took surfing lessons at a nearby beach, a bit of a bike ride...but we made it. Super salty water, but blue as heck.

"Good Times"

So we're in Jaco and there are tons of people on the street with all these activities for the tourists. What do we do? We decide to go to Tortuguero Island which is about an hour and half to two hours away from Jaco. They had food for us, activities, the water of course, and snorkeling...!

Ya, my roommate had some problems with a young snorkeling guide who wanted to marry her, but that was it. Otherwise, it was a lot of fun, especially meeting people who were travelling just like us.

Comments