Jacó Hotels

Our Members Say

• blueskyjohn profile photo blueskyjohn
  • Reviews: 1733

Tuanis Aparthotel: Awesome and cool place as the name states

I was a little worried when I first saw this place. It is not much to look at from the outside. The office is in the front and a driveway on the right goes through the hotel to a small parking area that fits about 4 cars. There is a small well kept pool in this court yard.

This hotel shines in two areas, the rooms and their customer service. First the rooms. there are 4 apartment style rooms on the far side of the court yard, two on a second floor with a huge shared deck and two on the first floor. These apartments have large refrigerators, stove with cookware, two bedrooms and a pull out sofa bed. On the near side of the court yard is a nice room, beautifully decorated on the first floor and several more on the second floor. I had a group of ten and everyone was very happy. All the rooms are very clean and a safes in the room. The only down side is the inconsistent wifi. Strangely it would should connected with a strong signal but would not connect on occasion. But this is not such a big deal unless you are staying here to do work. The photos on their website are accurate and well done. Better than I was able to take.

The customer service here is the best I've experienced in Jaco. The owner Ricky and his wife Lourdes (I believe that was her name), are very friendly and more than helpful with everything from suggestions for things to do to make reservations at a very popular restaurant that is hard to get a table. They could not get through on the phone so Ricky actually rode his bike to the restaurant (which was not that close, about 10 minute ride) and made the reservation!

Ricky is a transplanted American that has been in Costa Rica for about 20 years I believe. He is extremely friendly and helpful. This is a place I will definitely stay again!

Awesome rooms and great customer service.

• Related to: Surfing, Beaches, Family Travel
  • Written January 16, 2015

• blueskyjohn profile photo blueskyjohn
  • Reviews: 1733

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Roblemar: Affordable bare minimums

This hotel is directly across from the central park. It is a two floor strip hotel with a dirt parking lot and a small swimming pool that is part of the parking area.

The rooms are some of the most affordable in Jaco. There is not much to the rooms. Tile floors, adequate bed and bathroom. Showers could be hotter but gets the sand off. There is a room safe. There is no lobby and breakfast is not included.

I've stayed here several times when arrived in Jaco late at night with no reservations. There is a night security guard as there is a gate to the parking area and he will open and monitor the lot. This is not a place you chose and make reservation.

Cheap rooms.

• Related to: Beaches, Fishing, Singles
  • Written January 7, 2015

• Hammerhead68 profile photo Hammerhead68

Copacabana Hotel and Suites: Gambled on the Copacabana and won

I’ve been to Jaco three times to play poker tournaments but on this last trip, I didn’t travel with my friends, I went alone for the first time. I was shopping around for a great price on a week long stay and found the Copacabana. The manager Katia was very helpful and attentive to my initial email inquiries and when I finally called to book a room, it was no different. This excellent service continued from the point I arrived to when I left, and not from just Katia, but the entire staff. I got exactly what I expected, a clean comfortable room, friendly attentive service, great location, and a relaxing getaway.

The hotel is very guest friendly and made me feel like I was with friends, not just another guest. They were very accommodating to requests from the guests, such as allowing a DJ staying at the hotel to play music for the pool area. On the night the band came in, they played great and encouraged the audience to participate by singing or playing instruments with them on stage. They really want you to get the most out of your vacation while at the Copa.

I also took advantage of the massage service the hotel offers before my tournaments. I needed to get relaxed and destress and be mentally prepared. The massages did away with my stress through a deep tissue massage and hot stones therapy respectively. Both masseuses are very knowledgeable in their craft. The Copa definitely delivered on all points for me, from the services, food, and staff. Although I may have traveled alone, I always felt I was with friends during my stay. Thank you Katia, Luis, David, Ginger, Edgar, Raquel, and the rest of the staff. I enjoyed my previous stay so much, that I have booked a trip for next month.

There are 2 great pool areas. Both are roomy and tropically landscaped.

• Related to: Singles, Spa and Resort, Budget Travel
  • Written February 20, 2010

• jimmyjamesjj profile photo jimmyjamesjj
  • Reviews: 1

Casa Ponte: Heaven on Earth

Casa Ponte is a home for rent in Jaco, it has everything you need to satisfy your every desire. We had a group of 10 guys for a bachelor party, for the first 2 days we got lost cause the place was so big (11000 sqft). But after a while we got settled in and it almost became normal to us, only to return home to a house thats smaller than the kitchen.
The home comes fully staffed and has its own 24hr guard, very very safe.
Dont let the price scare you off, everything it negotiable. I compared prices to other options and for large groups this makes sense. Check it out yourself, do the math. Difference is $20-40 per person. But the difference in environment is waaaaayyy beyond the monetary value. It's not too far from town, about a mile to the edge of downtown Jaco, and about 1.5 miles to the Marina and Resort. I highly recommend this place, I want to go back. 1 week is a tease, not enough.

I can go on and on about this place, you ever watch MTV Cribs? Need I say more? Also, the property manager's name is Capt. Josh Foster, google him, look him up. This guy knows everything you need to know, even if you dont stay there, dont be afraid to ask him about comparisons of rates and events. 2 thumbs up for Josh!!!

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Luxury Travel, Singles, Architecture
  • Written July 15, 2009

• usohjack profile photo usohjack
  • Reviews: 3

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel De Haan: Hotel Dehaan, Jaco Costa Rica & how to get there.

I stay at the Hotel Dehaan in Jaco. As a matter of fact I'm hear now! You can find it in the Online Jaco Directory at www.ohiost.net then Jaco Directory, they also have the AmericasLink-CR pages with detailed San Jose Maps. They also have a website at www.hotedehaan.com wilson is the manager, and they can be reached by e-mail, or Skype. There site has a slide show showing the hotel taken the last couple months. If you decide to stay here just ask the bus driver to let you off at the El Colonial resturant, the hotel is half way to the beach on the right(50mts). If not the Jaco Directory has 5-6 pages of listings.
Enjoy-Pura Vida

Hotel and Hostel, Kitchen, Pool, 50 mts to beach.

• Related to: Study Abroad, Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written October 2, 2008

• ticonate profile photo ticonate

Casa De Casado: Great Jaco Beach Rental House

Just got back from Jaco beach. Found a new beach rental just 10
miles outside Jaco beach in Tarcoles. A 2 story 3000 plus sq. ft.
new home. 3 nice bedrooms downstairs and a super huge master bedroom
upstairs. The Master bedroom has a walk in closet that has a
separate door that leads to the Master Bath. It has a large Jacuzzi
tub and lots of room. It had everything I needed. All I had to bring
were my clothes and toothbrush. There's a big kitchen and even has a
separate ice maker if you plan on making lots of drinks. Has
everything you need for cooking your meals. The rooms and beds were
so nice. I felt more comfortable in that bed then I do in my own.
Upstairs there is what I guess you call a balcony that goes around
half of the house and has Beautiful Ocean and Mountain views. That
balcony is really big and you can have lots of people up there. The
house has several air conditioners and you can be as cool as you
want. The house also has ceiling fans through out and all along the
balcony so you can keep cool while checking out the views. It was
really romantic. My girlfriend didn't want to leave. The grounds
look like a resort with beautiful plants and flowers everywhere.
There is a nice pool and a large covered BBQ. The care takers and
manager are great people and the manager speaks perfect english.
We're going to bring 2 more couples with us next time. They rent it

Front Entrance

• ticonate profile photo ticonate

Casa De Casado: Great Jaco Beach Rental House

Just got back from Jaco beach. Found a new beach rental just 10
miles outside Jaco beach in Tarcoles. A 2 story 3000 plus sq. ft.
new home. 3 nice bedrooms downstairs and a super huge master bedroom
upstairs. The Master bedroom has a walk in closet that has a
separate door that leads to the Master Bath. It has a large Jacuzzi
tub and lots of room. It had everything I needed. All I had to bring
were my clothes and toothbrush. There's a big kitchen and even has a
separate ice maker if you plan on making lots of drinks. Has
everything you need for cooking your meals. The rooms and beds were
so nice. I felt more comfortable in that bed then I do in my own.
Upstairs there is what I guess you call a balcony that goes around
half of the house and has Beautiful Ocean and Mountain views. That
balcony is really big and you can have lots of people up there. The
house has several air conditioners and you can be as cool as you
want. The house also has ceiling fans through out and all along the
balcony so you can keep cool while checking out the views. It was
really romantic. My girlfriend didn't want to leave. The grounds
look like a resort with beautiful plants and flowers everywhere.
There is a nice pool and a large covered BBQ. The care takers and
manager are great people and the manager speaks perfect english.
We're going to bring 2 more couples with us next time. They rent it
at it. Have fun,

Nathan

• Written June 26, 2007

Front entrance

• crluxury profile photo crluxury
  • Reviews: 1

Costa Rica Luxury Rentals: CR Luxury

Highly Recommended.

CR Luxury is located within Los Suenos Marriott Resort & Marina. Right next to the Los Suenos Corporate Office. The official website www.lossuenosresort.com links to www.crluxury.com

You can enjoy room service from the five star Marriott, or visit one of the fine restaurants. Golf, Swim, Fish, visit the casino. Eco-Tours can be arranged.

Great Views, World Class accommodations. Multi-Million Dollar Condos Available for rent.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Luxury Travel, Fishing, Eco-Tourism
  • Written July 24, 2006

• Kindra profile photo Kindra
  • Reviews: 600

Chuck's Cabins: Clean and close to the beach

100 metres from Jacó beach, short walking distance from bus stop and half a block down from the Beetle Bar.
Costs 3800 colones/night in clean, simple cabins. If you are a group of 3-5 or so people, you can rent the cabin (same price per person) on the far end which has its own private cold water bathroom and is equipped with several fans to keep temperatures cooler. Otherwise, there are 2 individual shared bathrooms with toilet and cold water showers. Staff is very nice. There is a soda across the street with good, solid casados and other Tico fare for 1500 colones.

• Written June 2, 2006
Tip Photo

• happyhourkid profile photo happyhourkid
  • Reviews: 152

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Apartotel Girasol: Everything you'll need at an awesome value.

This was probably the biggest surprise of the entire trip (next to the rampant prostitution, of course). My friends Bob and Mark had stayed here before, and insisted it was a good place, but when I booked our reservations with Phil Aubin, the owner, I was skeptical about the quality of the accomodations. After all, he was charging us only $100 per condo unit per night, and each condo unit slept 3 very comfortably. There were 7 of us, so we got 3 condos. Full kitchens, cable TV, air conditioning, patios, swimming pool, right on the beachfront, EVERYTHING YOU NEED and VERY VERY CLEAN. The only thing that would have made this place better was if it had a bar, but there was a liquor store about a block's walk away, and leave it to Phil to look out for us! Anytime we wanted beer, he offered to send his landscaper to get us some. He was also nice enough to arrange our fishing excursion.

I will say right now that there might not be any better host in an accomodation type as this than Phil, a French Canadian who knew what he was doing when he retired and bought this place. He singlehandedly made our time in Jaco that much better.

Built in 1998. Has 16 1-Bedroom Condo units with full kitchens, air conditioning, balconies or patios, one swimming pool, located right on the beach at the south end of the Jaco strip, and SUNSETS ARE INCLUDED : ). Cab fare to our preferred hangout, the Beatle Bar, for as many guys as can fit in the taxi cab cost us only $2 total from the Girasol.

• Written September 6, 2005

Swimming Pool, Apartotel Girasol

• denckman profile photo denckman
  • Reviews: 14

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel de Haan: Surfers, this place is for YOU!

The hostel is owned and run by a Dutch guy named Tom and his Tico wife Yorleny. Tom is a good guy and the rooms are pretty spacious for a hostel with private baths. Security is high priority at the hostel so they have a big goon at the gate by ten, but don't worry he doesn't harp on the guests. You are free to do as you please just don't be too loud at late hours. I met a bunch of really chilaxin surfers who would kick it on the patio at night. You will most certaintly fit in as a surfer. like everywhere else.

Very nice kidney bean shaped pool, great for jumping in after getting your ass kicked by the waves in the ocean. Good lockers for important items. The building itself is an interesting piece of architecture with cool paintings of the Haan or chicken in english riding surfboards. cool place

• Related to: Surfing, Eco-Tourism, Budget Travel
  • Written July 26, 2005

Funky Facade

• Suzanne123 profile photo Suzanne123
  • Reviews: 161

Vista Pacifico: Solitude

We were the only ones here. they gave us a bit of a refund/discount. We ended up paying 350/week Cdn for a room with two double beds. Small kitchenette in the room. Cheerfully decorated rooms. Jan and Greg, the owners are Lawyers from Canada.

• Written February 24, 2005

• Suzanne123 profile photo Suzanne123
  • Reviews: 161

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel de haan: Budget but nice.

This place is owned by a Dutch man (Tom)and his Costa Rican wife (Yorleny). They have four children and live on the site with their dog (Alaska). The premises are kept spotless, There is a pool and everyone is given a locker with lock and key. The whole set of lockers are padlocked during the night and a security guard keeps watch at night. The bathroom was really nice and it had hot water!!! Notices advise to lock the window doors in the room at night so it did get stuffy in the rooms. There was a fan. They get booked up heavily on weekends. There are usually vacancies during the week. Located in the center of town a few steps from the beach. You can make reservations via the internet without difficulty. Pay in cash when you arrive.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written February 24, 2005

• BEETLE_VERTE profile photo BEETLE_VERTE
  • Reviews: 378

Jaco's little garden

This place is great and in restrospective, the best hotel we had. The staff is friendly and welcoming. The pool and jaccuzi are surrounded by a beautifull garden and little huts with hammoc and benches and the restaurant. The rooms are clean and well designed, and you get a fridge, a/c, tv, balcony, breakfast... or if you stay longer you can get a cabins for almost the same price.
We paid around 50S US for a night.

Second trip, we stayed here again while in Jaco. Found the same great accomodations, location, relaxing and fun spirit... Althought Bruno, the owner, was busy and distracted. Still of great service too us, he wasn't the cheerleader we used to know... maybe it was a bad week...

First and foremost, it's right on the beach (on the other side of the road) and in the center of the Jaco, but you don't hear a thing of the noisy canarvals that go on all day and all night! You feel lost in the forest, surrounded by trees, birds, flowers, but you're right there in the action.
Very good price for all you get. Top service, top staff, top accomodations...

A secret difficult to reveal!

• Related to: Beaches, Budget Travel
  • Written February 8, 2005

By the pool of Estrellamar in Jaco

• ABankerMU profile photo ABankerMU
  • Reviews: 26

Not Sure: Clean Budget Hotel in Jaco

This little place is along the main road in Jaco. The rooms and bathrooms are very clean. In fact, there was always someone sweeping or cleaning around the hotel. There is a guitar shaped pool in the gravel parking lot. Yes, in the parking lot. It was, despite the location, very nice! There is a shallow foot deep side and a deeper four foot side. My favorite thing to do was put one of the lounge chairs into the shallow side and read a book. The water would be high enough to keep me cool, but not too high as to get my book wet.

The down side of the place is its location. It is located across the street from the Beatle Bar. This doesn't sound too bad, except that the Beatle Bar is the local pickup for prostitutes. At night, after coming back from the bars, we would sit outside our room, watching older men walk by, only to return 15 minutes later with a "date." I'm a very open-minded person, but it does tend to get a little depressing after a while.

Leave a comment and let me know if there is something that I could add to make this tip better!

Guitar Shaped Pool
Clean Rooms and Bathrooms
Short Walk to the Beach
Short Walk to the Bars/Restaurants.

• Related to: Study Abroad, Beaches, Budget Travel