4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

800 MTS West from Herradura entrance , Playa Herradura, Jaco, 5024005 , Costa Rica

Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort
Travelocity Booking.com Marriott.com

Costs 47% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• Great Golf and ACtivities - Beach is not

I had a great time at Los Suenos. It is close to canopy, 4x4, fishing, whitewater rafting and the restaurants in the Herradura beach have a great atmosphere. I did not fish but my friends did - they had a blast. I played golf instead. The regular green fee is a bit high at $160 but found a site www.teetimescostarica.com in which I booked a last minute green fee. The casino is small and I lost my money in 20 minutes... no fun.

Unique Quality: The pool was awesome and the beach club was a lot of fun. Other than that you must look outside to find tours... there are lots of them.

• Nice place, no ladies allowed

Nice hotel with good pool. Kinda pricy at $309/night. Went into town and came back with a girl, but she was not allowed to go to the room. The casino was only open from 4 til 1 am. Only stayed 1 night.

Unique Quality: Good pool. Nice restaurant.

Directions: Los Suenos

More about Marriott Los Suenos Ocean & Golf Resort

CR Luxury

by crluxury about Costa Rica Luxury Rentals

Highly Recommended.

CR Luxury is located within Los Suenos Marriott Resort & Marina. Right next to the Los Suenos Corporate Office. The official website www.lossuenosresort.com links to www.crluxury.com

You can enjoy room service from the five star Marriott, or visit one of the fine restaurants. Golf, Swim, Fish, visit the casino. Eco-Tours can be arranged. Great Views, World Class accommodations. Multi-Million Dollar Condos Available for rent.

Upscale hotel on Costa Rican Pacific Coast

by doktorbombay about Los Suenos Marriott

This is an upscale hotel on the Pacific coast of Costa Rica. Tour office can arrange day trips from here, including visits to Carara Biological Reserve, Manuel Antonio National Park, and canopy tours, among others. Service was excellent for all meals. Bi-lingual staff in the restaurants helped a lot. Beautiful pool area. Nice black sand beach. Rooms are a step above standard with oversized bathrooms. But don't plan on spending much time in your room, or you could've just stayed home. We went during the rainy season. Mornings were sunny, rain didn't come until late afternoon and evenings. But rates were much lower this time of year. Hotel was very quiet, obviously not full because of season. This meant immediate seating for meals and uncrowded pool areas. Nice feel to this place. Common areas have a very open feel to them. Class act.

Nice resort

by kathymof about Los Suenos Resort - Marriott

The Marriott Los Suenos Resort is a beautiful, interesting complex. The facilities are gorgeous and the pool is wonderful. There really is no beach area - very rocky - so most outdoor activities revolve around the gorgeous pool or the expensive golf course. The rooms were fine but were nothing special. There were lots of beautiful decorating touches in the public areas. Food was okay and expensive. I found the food where the locals ate to be much better than the food at any of the hotels I stayed at. This was my first real resort stay - I found the facility to be beautiful but I travel to explore, not to hang around a hotel. It was pretty humid so taking an evening swim before going to bed was very nice and we pretty much had the whole pool to ourselves. Gorgeous facilities - especially the water features. Food expensive and fancy but nothing to write home about. The grounds are immaculate and very well tended. The place is just gorgeous.

Quite surprisingly - Marriott's web site really does not capture any of the beauty or uniqueness of this place - don't know why.

La Fortunas Cabinas

by Christoban about Los Suenos

Very nice, clean cabins in La Fortuna with a great view of Volcan Arenal. The place at the time of my visit was newly opened and there were very few visitors. Had a great time and the food was awesome. Outdoorsy, clean, quiet. Spectacular views. The price as i remember it was reasonable as well, this was about a year ago.(2006)

Consider a Spacious Condo vs. Cramped Hotel Room

by MarcelaCR about Los Suenos Resort

Hi Dawn,

If you are still looking for a place to go in Costa Rica I would like to suggest our Luxury Vacation Rentals. They are very spacious condos and make sense when traving with a large family or more than one couple.

I am one of the owners of Costa Rica Luxury Rentals and although we are located on the Pacific Coast the car ride/shuttle service from the airport in San Jose is only about 1.5 hours.

Although we are not an all inclusive, we have great deals going on now and I suggest you visit our site and call us so that we can design a package that will fit your needs.

you can call us at 1-866-525-2188 Toll Free or visit us at www.CRLuxury.com

If we don't hear from you we wish you lots of luck in with your Costa Rica Adventure.

Marcela The communities at Los Sueños offer you a variety of choices for your Costa Rica Luxury vacation, each with its own ambiance, style and atmosphere.

Every Costa Rica luxury vacation rental includes

Luxurious, well appointed décor
Fully equipped gourmet kitchens with handset tile
Quiet central air conditioning and ceiling fans
Laundry facilities
Lush landscaping
Swimming pools, jacuzzis and shade palapas
Secure, 24 hour, guarded gate entry
Exclusive access to the private Los Suenos Beach Club

Love CR

We have just returned from our Honeymoon to Costa Rica, we stayed at the Marriott Los Suenos and had a wonderful time. The hotel itself is as advertised: very beautiful and serene, great pool (one of the best in our travels) but expensive and a very mediocre/crappy beach. It is located in a very convenient location, close to Jaco and close enough to Quepos. The staff is fantastic and the amenities are great. They offer access to anything you could want. Overall I would highly reccommend if you have the means, very peaceful and very relaxing.

Very friendly staff! Would go back!

by TripAdvisor Member tahiti98

We just returned from a short stay at the Marriott Los Suenos. We stayed in an ocean front room with a full balcony, which had one of the largest bathrooms I have ever had in a hotel. The staff were some of the most pleasant and helpful we have had at a hotel. We were originally supposed to stay only two nights, but due to hurricane Wilma, our flight to Fort Lauderdale was canceled. We had no problem extending our stay.
The restaurants were good - one of our favorite things to do was to go up to the Puesta del Sol for dessert, an outside balcony area on the second floor overlooking the pool and the grounds. They had the best chocolate cake, banana pie and coconut creme brulee!! The prices were no higher than you would expect to pay in a resort.
The hotel set up a canopy tour for us which was outstanding! We highly recommend the Waterfalls Canopy Tour.
We will definitely return!

Average hotel, average stay.

by TripAdvisor Member Enrilynne

I was very excited to stay at the Los Suenos Marriot but sadly to say I was a bit disappointed by it. First of all, it is very Americanized so if you want more of a Costa Rican ambience don't stay here. Americanized=Overpriced. We paid $170 a night for an ocean view room, which is not really that bad, but we didn't even get breakfast with that! The all you can eat breakfast was $34 per person and the food wasn't even that great. After the breakfast incident we didn't dare eat at one of the hotel restaurants for fear of paying a lot of money for average food.

The hotel itself is beautiful, this is where rich and famous people would stay. It is about a ten minute drive to the beach town of Jaco which costs about $6 by cab each way. We found ourselves taking a taxi to Jaco everyday to eat and go to bars. I also went to Jaco to get a massage since the spa prices at Los Suenos were a little ridiculous. One of the things I hated about the hotel is the iguanas crawling all over the grounds. If you're into exotic animals crawling near your lounge chair by the pool then great but it freaks me out. The rooms were nice but our "ocean view" room was more of an "ocean glimpse". The staff was friendly and spoke good English, but not as warm as at other hotels I stayed at in Costa Rica. The beach was just horrible. Don't expect white sand beaches in this area, more like black rocky icky beaches. I spent my time in the pool and swim up bar which was fun. But strangely there was no hot tub. The casino is disappointing. Not very big and we had awful luck, my boyfriend lost $850 in about 5 minutes at the craps table.

I would still stay at the Los Suenos if I had to do it all over again because I do believe its the best in the area. I guess you really can't lose when traveling to Costa Rica. The people are warm and friendly and it was one of the best vacations I took.

Pool area of Los Suenos MarriottPool area of Los Suenos Marriott

Good day,
Will be arriving in San Jose and need transport to Marriott Los Sueonos in
February.
What is best option?
rent a car or can anyone recommend a car and driver?
Hotel rate is $155.00 each way. :0(

Can anyone recommend a reliable transfer?
cheers,
Bob

Re: transport from SJO to Marriott Los Suenos

by alf41

Your safest option is to take an airport cab (the orange taxis), they have an info/ticket boot right after you pick up your baggage (if you are lucky and other visitors are going to the area, the cab company has vans, and the fare might be split), or rent a car (in case you plan to do more than just driving to the hotel and back to the airport).

It is over 100 km., and a over one hour trip, so probably any transport service will charge at least $125 for the one-way ride.

Re: transport from SJO to Marriott Los Suenos

by toddoborne

I have a local guy (I have worked with him for 7 years now) that has new Toyota Vans that charges $85 for up to 4 people. Please feel free to email me if you would like to get in touch with him. My email address is toddoborne@hotmail.com

pura vida