Punta Leona

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

More about Punta Leona

Secluded Hotel in Punta Leona

by Avenge about Hotel Punta Leona

Spent a week here. Great spot to stay. Secluded on a vast plot of private property. Everything you need is on the property. Several restaurants, beautiful pools, white sand beach, and the rooms are nice as well. Near Manuel Antonio National Park.

eco hotel at beach

by hanspeter_W. about punta leona

The hotel Punta Leona offers a pristine white sand beach, bordered with palm-trees, deep blue waters, surrounded by 750 acres of lush tropical forests, golfers will find a championship course nearby at which to play, and adventure seekers will find a canopy tour within the resort.

Enjoy the pleasures of a perfect vacation and make your time in Costa Rica the adventure you are looking for. You will be swept away by the natural beauty experienced at the Punta Leona resort. Conveniently located just ninety minutes from San Jose by car, here you can experience nature without discomfort. Come and observe the white sand being washed by the crystal clear water, inviting you for a refreshing swim. very beautiful garden with dantes and other animals to see..good food

Great Accomandation

by RoyJava about Punta Leone Hotel Resort

Feel happy at this Hotel Punta Leona, with its sandy, golden beaches, next to lush and tropical area. We stayed at lovely bungalows near the jungle area and the first thing our cheaf-in-command (the one who made all bookings, included the models, stylist, make-up artist) did, was the warning not to walk around barefooted. Some scorpions could be about ...

Walking along the sea-shore yielded up the same problem; for now there could be thornbacks! And do not shout early in the morning at the white face monkeys and the brilliant scarlet macaws, announcing their arrival with awesome high pitched calls ... maybe that's a cry for "war!", and the fellows will attack!

There is complimentary parking, gift shops, room for kids with games. Enjoy the guided nature walks and sport activities. AC Bungalow rooms have 2 double beds, TV (Satellite), fridge, phone, private bathroom and hot water, safe box ... The location is really beatiful and we (fashion crew) could work without any problem. The food is ok, service is good and an extra hug to the so sweet chambermaids, who refreshed the flowers everyday (my little brother just had passed away, so I brought a picture of him with a candle, and put some flowers next to it).

It was the high season, so greeny palms, blue skies and pristine white sand played its part to shoot perfect fashion pics. Just "Please, could you move ...?", in great request to bystanders who got curious of the modelling posures. That is part of fashion-shooting in public ...
; -)

Arenal and Jaco, Punta Leona

by JacobBert

"Arenal Volcano"

Here is more pictures of Arenalo Volcano.

Arenal Volcan is Awsome. It is very steep. I saw Lava rolling down the it and smoke pouring our of it. It reminded me of Mount Doom in The Lord of The Rings.

"Arenal"

Arenal Volcano, Jaco, and Punta Leona

by JacobBert

"Arenal Volcano"

Arenal Volcano is still active. It is very steep. I saw lava rolling down the mountain and smoke rising out of it in the day time. It erupts daily and you can hear the rumbles of it erupting. It really rumbles loud when it is erupting.

It reminded me of Mnt Doom in The Lord of The Rings.

"Arenal at night"

Here is what is looks like erupting at night

"Jaco"

Jaco is famous for its beaches. Its very touristy. I saw my first some really huge Iguanas here

at punta leonaat punta leona

dante at punta leonadante at punta leona

El FlorEl Flor

Banana flowerBanana flower

Costa Rica, Hotel Punta Leona Fast info please?

by kathymadden

Someone said that they've read some negative entries on this hotel..I can't find ANYTHING on it.. Can someone tell me anything about it? I am going to Costa Rica on Thursday this week, have never been so UNprepared ! I am going to Monteverde then to Arenal/Fotruna... then...Need a beach place not too expensive for 4 days ..(I'm not a surfer ) after this 4 days, I'll need to catch a plane in San Jose .

(Samara seems pretty but Far ..as I understand it they don't change travelers checkque and hotels are already pretty booked up there.)

Hotel on the Pacific Coast of CR

by jujub

hi!

just wondering if anyone has stayed at one of these hotels:

hotel villas de la selva
or
punta leona beach resort

trying to find a hotel in the pacific coast, and wanted to hear opinions... if you know of a better hotel in a better area, please do let me know as well, i need a reasonable priced hotel in a nice area (not too crowded nor polluted).

many thanks in advance!!

judy

ps: know the average cost for a suv rental/week in san jose? =)

Re: Hotel on the Pacific Coast of CR

by lacy3

Hello,

I have not stayed at either of these hotels before but my boyfriend and I have been looking at Punta Leona for a long time and we finally booked it for the end of December for 2 weeks so if you know of any reviews of info on this resort, could you please let me know.

Thanks

Lacy

San Jose

by mmoogc

I am flying into San Jose and then plan on going to the coast. What is the best way to get there? So far, I am leaning towards Quepos and MA, but would like suggestions if there is a better place to go. What about Punta Leona? Anything there? I want to go to a nice beach and do some exploring.

To see wildlife, go rafting, or volcanoes, should I go with a tour or are there places I can go it alone? I know regarding the wildlife, MA is available, but I want to see the most of CR that I can and I would like to make it as simple as I can, but I don't want to waste money on a tour if I can do it just as easily alone.

I'm thinking of staying at a hostel. Recommendations for Quepos or MA or is there a better place to stay and should I do a mixed itinerary or would it be easiest to stay in Quepos and visit the other places as day trips? Also, should I make reservations in advance or just show up? I will be there in March.

Re: San Jose

by Costa_Rica_Texan

There is no need to join a tour group to see Costa Rica. Manuel Antonio and Quepos have several hostels to choose from. The Vista Serena is in Manuel Antonio, and has a property with incredible views.

The town is full of day tour operators offering everything from horseback riding, to canopy tours, park tours, mangrove tours, ATV tours, rafting, kayaking, you name it.

To see the volcanoes still no need for a tour. Just hop a bus from Quepos and you can go wherever you like in the country.

I am unsure about the need for reservations. Spring breakers may fill the hostels at that time.

Comments