50 Mtr Sur de Si Como No, 94-6350, Costa Rica
Hotels.com Expedia.com Priceline.com

More about Falls Resort at Manuel Antonio

Excelent Experience

by TripAdvisor Member Robertoandfriends

The overall experience at the hotel was excellent. It is a place where one can spend quality time with family and/or with friends. The staff is well qualified, helpful and nice. The rooms are spacious and comfortable

Like a Tropical Paradise Home Away From Home

by TripAdvisor Member SPBNewYorkCity

This little unassuming (from the street) boutique hotel, becomes a beautiful garden surrounded by charming cottages, two story plantation style rooms, pools and waterfalls. The full time gardener keeps the casual grounds in tip to shape, with many interesting plants and lots of wildlife. The rooms are comfy but not over the top with white linens, cool terra cotta tile, a walk in closet and a walk in shower in the spacious bathroom.

The staff is truly friendly and I felt right at home. The gardener stopped me on one of the many paths to point out a sleeping sloth and a vanilla plant, and one of the cleaning staff pointed out an iguana sleeping in a tree near the second story veranda outside my room. The front desk was always helpful and even assisted in making some reservations for a plane ride and a zip line tour.

Every morning breakfast is served by Nydia in the open air hotel restaurant were the national dish of gayo pinto, eggs, fruit, pastry and Costa Rican coffee is served with mucho gusto.

I'm from Manhattan and fully expected to be busy, busy, busy for the entire 12 days stay, but the instant I walked into The Falls, I knew that this place is what I needed. For the next three days, except for a few quick excursions to nearby restaurants and the beach, my partner and I stayed in the gardens, hanging out by the pool, sitting in the hot tub and relaxing.

The owner and his family live in the resort and they aim to please. It was nice chatting with Richard and Paige and the other guests at the end of each day, comparing notes on what everyone did and saw and planing the next days activities.

I will definitely be returning soon, in April to celebrate my birthday.

This was an amazing vacation and an amazing place to stay.

Too much "night life" for our taste

by TripAdvisor Member travelluver23

As another trip advisor reviewer mentions, the disco club next door to this hotel can definitely affect your stay. We came to Manuel Hotel at the end of our vacation expecting some great sun and R&R.

The hotel was lovely - the bathrooms a little dated, but otherwise a nice place and everyone was quite friendly. The first night we slept like logs but the next night - a Friday night - the disco began until well past 1 a.m. The room was literally shaking and when my husband went searching there was no one to be found on the premises. The next morning, the owner acknowledged he heard the noise from his own apartment. What peeved us most is the fact he heard it, yet we were all forced to endure it for the night without anything being done about it. It also would have been nice had he done something for his guests, perhaps that evening - i.e. a drink at the bar, etc. - to thank us for our patience and acknowledge he really felt bad.

The next night the music came again and this time my husband went out and found a security guard and had him call the disco to turn down the music. In fact, he went out THREE times between 12-1 a.m. and the music finally stopped. The owner apparently also went out, but in our opinion, much too late. We would have liked to see him deal with it around 11 or earlier so we could all have a good sleep. In the end, the police came and shut the disco down for the night. We left the next day, so don't know if the music persisted, but were not offered any sort of compensation either even though we were obviously upset (we didn't openly ask... it would have been a nice gesture to have anything offered to us) .

Again, want to reiterate the hotel is beautiful, we loved the pool and it is convenient to the beach and town. The price is also great for what you get...I just can't promise you'll leave well-rested.

A Special Place

by TripAdvisor Member Anne7625

This was my first trip to Costa Rica. My daughter and I found The Falls to be a beautiful, natural setting with very attractive, clean rooms. Looking around, you will see exquisite views of nature, a waterfall, a gorgeous pool and interesting architecture. The staff is very friendly and will make your stay comfortable and easy. The breakfast was delicious. We enjoyed talking with the owner Richard and the bartender Oscar. There were honeymooners, families, and groups of friends staying there. The new owners are making sure everyone is comfortable and happy.

Mediocre hotel

by TripAdvisor Member ladycaterina

The Falls is a bit of your average hotel. Maybe we were expecting a lot more because the reviews on TripAdvisor are so favorable? In any case, the hotel is nice enough but I definitely felt like we overpaid for the quality of the room. Our hot water was broken, and then we were switched to a different room. We also had a cockroach and some ants in our room. Also, I was expecting a waterfall or something, based on the name and pictures on the website, but it's kind of a small man-made trickle. The landscaping around the place is quite nice, though. Breakfast is eggs with rice and beans, plus some toast and jam. It's plain but not bad. The staff is friendly and helpful.

All in all, it was a nice place to stay, but I would say it's 'average.' The price during the high season is twice as much as during green season, and I don't think it was worth it.

Loved the Falls!

by TripAdvisor Member jhn

We stayed at The Falls Resort in January and had a great time. The property is absolutely beautiful and makes you feel like you're actually in the rainforest. We actually saw a sloth right by our room and some other guests saw monkeys. I loved the room, the robes and towels laid out nicely on your bed, with a fresh flower, when you arrived, made a great first impression. Each room also has a nice deck with a lot of privacy. We met a lot of friendly people at the resort and ended up spending time with everyone at the pool and at the bar. The bartender, Oscar, was great and even took a few of us out to a local place one night. The staff could not have been nicer or more accomodating. The location is great, right in the middle of the town. You can walk to local restaurants and bars and take the bus ( for about 40 cents) to Manuel Antonio Park (the rainforest). We highly recommend going to Manuel Antonio Park and hiring a guide. It is well worth the minimal $20/person. You will see some of the most beautiful wildlife, which you definitely would not see on your own. Manuel Antonio is a great town, with a lot of really nice restaurants and bars and it's safe to walk around. We will definitely return to Manuel Antonio and to the Falls:)

great location, very charming although dated hotel, EXCELLENT staff and owner, close to the beach and great food all around.

by TripAdvisor Member SteveFromNYC

This was the 3rd stop in our 2 week honeymoon to CR and it was a surprisingly pleasant hotel. I'll admit that it looks a bit dated, but that's part of the charm of CR. The hotel has a lot of character and the rooms are situated around the main "garden" full of beautiful vegetation, lizards, and a million squirrel monkeys (they only come out when Oscar the bartender "lures" them with fresh bananas and fruit). The pool was relaxing (I found myself submerged in its cool blue water more than I did at the beach). Definitely head up to Aqua Azul restaurant (I believe they're only open Thurs-Sun). The food is IMPOSSIBLY delicious and the staff and atmosphere is laid back and relaxed (although expect a 30 min wait for a table on a Sat night). Richard (the owner) was extremely hospitable, friendly and just an awesome person to talk to, and his family is lovely and his kids are about the nicest you will ever meet anywhere in the world. My wife and I had an incredible time in Manuel Antonio (aside from the 5 hour BLACKOUT that took out our precious AC) and the Falls was the best part of our stay.

A Wonderful Experience

by TripAdvisor Member Pablo_in_Austin

This was our first visit to Costa Rica so we had no preconceived notions about the place. We stayed in the Quepos/Manuel Antonio area for our entire trip - 5 days. We have traveled widely around the world over the last 20 years.

The Falls Resort is a terrific hotel for the price. The place is well maintained, the room was spotless and the common areas very pleasant. It is an older property, but definitely not run down or "long in the tooth". There are new owners (I think less than a year) that are doing a great job running the place. We have felt completely "at home" during our stay. We tend to sleep in every day and not once did a house-keeper ever knock on the door to get us moving. The front desk is always covered by someone that is knowledgeable about the area and the wireless internet connection was strong enough to use in my room (#17) if I was on the balcony.

Our only complaints - and these are really more "quibbles" than complaints - the shower is a bit tricky to figure out and the room is poorly lit at night. They also could use another chair or two inside the room for sitting and reading. The room safe was too small to store my laptop, but the front desk was glad to store it for me while we were out for the day on a canopy tour.

Clearly the worldwide recession is hurting this area and hotel. I was surprised how quiet the area was for the "high season" - one local travel agent said they are off 40% this year from last. I hope the new owners of the Falls are well capitalized and can get through the next couple of years - they deserve to grow this business.

Clean, inviting, relaxing, great food, fun, and service. Beautiful and affordable!

by TripAdvisor Member MJH08Springfield_IL

My new husband and I stayed here for the remainder of our honeymoon. We can't say enough about this place. Not only was it extremely affordable, it was clean and welcoming. We felt like it was our own little village and we met some great people. It was common to enjoy an afternoon around the pool with the other guests and staff, and have a few of Oscar's signature drinks in the evening. We can't say enough about the staff, they all went out of their way to make us feel welcome. Hector, the groundskeeper stopped us many mornings to point out some animal or new "find". Oscar not only had some of the best drinks that I have ever tasted, he was happy to show us around. He took us in to Quepos to fish with some person he knew and also took us out for a night of Salsa with another couple.

Every day we left for some excursion and returned sunburned and tired. It was nice to be welcomed back with a smile, a cold drink, and a clean room with a new fresh flower and towel arrangement somewhere new every day.

We saw many different Costa Rican animals and plants right at our hotel. Monkeys, Iguanas, the lazy sloth, lizzards, and some beautiful flowers. The environment was relaxing and beautiful. We were staying in boutique placed in the forest, yet right amongst all the happenings. If we make it back to Costa Rica, I am sure this place will be on our to do list. It is affordable and a place you must stay if going to the Manuel Antonio/Quepos area. By the way, the National Park and the beaches will not disappoint!

A Happy Place

by TripAdvisor Member CityWendy

My boyfriend and I just returned from a one-week stay at The Falls, where we expecially loved the beautiful garden, spacious room, ceiling fans over the balcony, and Oscar's amazing drinks. We just got engaged a few weeks ago, so The Falls provided a relaxing and romantic backdrop to celebrate. We were impressed with how happy the staff seemed to be and the genuine fondness they showed for the owners. It was almost as if The Falls was a second home/family for its staff, and as guests, our stay there was that much more relaxed and special.

While we would have loved an ocean view (The Falls does not face the ocean), maybe a bigger pool, and perhaps a livelier vibe, we were quite happy and comfortable at The Falls and would definitely go back. Oscar, the bartender, is super friendly, served the best drinks, and made us feel right at home! The grounds are gorgeous and well-maintained and while we missed the monkeys (other guests saw them!), we did spy some other critters, including one of the resident sloths.

The Falls is conveniently located near many of the best restaurants, and is just steps away from the bus stop (a bus goes by about every 15 minutes and takes only about 5 minutes to get to the beach). The receptionists were super helpful in arranging tours and calling cabs (many of the tours provide transportation, though). And though other reviews have complained about "noise," we found the opposite to be true! It was actually very quiet there -- almost "sleepy" really and perfect for anyone who might want to just slow down and escape the fast pace of everyday life.

Comments