Finca Amanecer

Finca Amanecer
HostelBookers.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Quepos

Me on the monkey dropMe on the monkey drop

Going downGoing down

My sonMy son

Private room terracePrivate room terrace

Traveling Light

by cobraman

I WILL BE FLYING SANSA INTO QUEPOS/MANUEL ANTONIO SO BAGGAGE IS MINIMAL. HOW DO I GET STUFF I MIGHT BUY BACK HOME? ARE THERE SHIPPING COMPANIES LIKE UPS OR FED-EX IN THE AREA AND HOW ARE THE RATES? HAS ANYONE USED THE LOCAL STORES TO PURCHASE OTC MEDS (ANTIDIARREA),CLOTHING AND EVERYDAY ITEMS?

Re: Traveling Light

by grandmaR

I didn't buy it if the store wouldn't ship. But you might also bring clothing that is about wore out and leave it there to make room in your luggage to bring stuff home. Sometimes I also mail stuff home to myself at the PO (like clothes or brochures)

Travel Tips for Quepos

Quepomania

by Suzanne123

My mom and I were standing at the bus depot wondering about where we get a room. She asked an elderly man where she could find a tourist information booth. He took her to the laundromat and there were dozens of discarded guide books (ie. lonely planet) on Costa Rica. She also found La Guia, a free 2005 booklett that has a map and local restaurants and hotels for Quepos and Manuel Antonio. be careful. i bought a coconut from a man at the bus depot and it had gone bad and was sour. also, he gave me a used and very dirty spoon to scoop out the coconut flesh!

What to bring

by Helga67

Small rucksack for your day trip in the rain forest Bring light cotton cloths, good walking shoes, slippers for the beach and a raincoat during the rainy season. Don't forget your sunglasses and head protection. Insect repellant with DEET, good protection for the intensive sun (factor 20).
Medical precaution: hepatitis A and B.
We didn't bring anything against malaria. Bring lots of films or memory cards and a big zoom lens (min. 300mm or 10x optical zoom) for those wildlife shots.
Don't forget your video camera for all those rain forest sounds and active wildlife. Bring a flashlight because at night it sometimes happens that there is no electricity for short periods Bring an adaptor if equipment is not 110 Volt and american standard.
Make a copy of your passport and drivers licence and keep the originals in your hotel safe during day trips.

Manuel Antonio

by naplesnate

We stayed in Quepos but were a short taxi cab ride from the beaches and cloud forest of Manuel Antonio.
We were able to then book some rooms right on the beach where the surfing and whale watching excursions are top notch.

The ultimate tourist experience!

by BEETLE_VERTE about Manuel Antonio beach

This must be a real tourist trap, but we enjoyed it a lot, imaging we are royalties on some desertic tropical island! And couldn't wait to send this picture to our friends back home in the snow... A vendor stroll on the beach with a big coconut. An ibiscus flower on top, just for the fun of it. When we hailed him, he cut the top off and put a straw in it for us to drink the milk.

He later came back to cut it open so we could we the insides.

Decadent!

PS it seems weird to pay for a coconut there, but we were told the park authority try to preserve as much as possible their coconut trees and their fruits... understandable.

White Water Rafting

by DEBBBEDB

The other thing we wanted to do here was white water rafting. We have done the rafting in other locations and we wanted to try it again. My son and husband were in the front of the raft and my daughter and I were in the back. It was raining (it was the green season) but it didn't matter we were wet anyway.

This was a half day trip. It was pretty strenuous. My son was too tired (after waterfall rappeling and white water rafting) to eat dinner.

Naranjo River: Class III – IV (green season) challenging for more experienced paddlers
Cost : Half day (4 Hours) $79