Costa Rica

Hotels.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• DEBBBEDB's Profile Photo

Eco Hotel

This was a fantasic hotel with the rooms built into the hillside. They had several pools and a swim up bar. They had a really good Buffet Breakfast that was included, along with one hour free internet.

This was in the green season so the basic room would be $185/night with $30 extra for each of the two children.

Unique Quality: We booked standard room on the internet in the Green Season. This would have included jungle view, bath with shower, wet bar, stocked mini-bar, 2 queen size beds, A/C, ceiling fans, telephone and security box. We actually got a room with a king and a double, which was probably an upgrade to a superior room which also had a balcony with ocean and jungle views . Jim and I had the king, my son had the double and my daughter slept on the couch bed.

Directions: hills just above Manuel Antonio National Park

• lesaandbill's Profile Photo

Favorite Place in the World

I have really thought hard about putting this place on the internet...b/c I believe it's the most amazing place in the world...but the spirit of the virtual tourist is to share...so here it is. This place is heaven. I could fill up pages of why and how...but I can't give away all the secrets...

It's definitely an all encompassing place...the town doesn't have much to offer...and it's not a late night party place by all means..but it's an outdoors person meccah...and a place you won't forget.. I imagine this is what the Garden of Eden must have been like... cheeky...but true.

More about Hotel Si Como No

Near Manuel Antonio is Si Como...

by Hess

Near Manuel Antonio is Si Como No, a beautiful, eco-friendly hotel. It is, however, pricey. But well worth it, with its swim up bar, nightly movie, and organized trips.
For one night, the price pushes $200. Monkeys come up right near you.

Si Como No means "Yes, Why Not"?

by hollycamille about Si Como No

I would recommend this place to both families and honeymooners, as well as anybody else. The resort is layed out on the side of a hill, so that every room has views of the beautiful Pacific Ocean below. At night, we heard the sound of howler monkeys, as well as a beautiful thunderstorm. 2 Pools; excellent food at the restaurants, internet service located in the gift shop. A therapeutic spa, complimentary shuttle to the nearby Manuel Antonio National Park.

Enjoyed Si Como No

by TripAdvisor Member shendrix

The view is fantastic and I had room 4 which had a nice view of the ocean and it was large and clean. The bathroom had both a shower and jacuzzi tub. I paid 170/night with 1 night for free on a 5 night stay, which I thought was pretty reasonable. There are alot of other options here for less money, though. The pool area was great and the adult only pool was a nice touch to get away from all the screaming kids at the pool with the slide. The soft goods in the bedroom could be updated, they are a bit worn and it drove me crazy that we didn't have a TV in our room as the whole New Orleans disaster was going on while we were there. The breakfast buffet is included each day and it gets a bit tired as they have the same exact thing everyday. They could use a bit more selection. I was in Costa Rica for 2 weeks and I couldn't get a fresh pastry at any breakfast buffet at any hotel I stayed at. I got eaten alive by mosquitos in this area compared to other areas we stayed in, by the way. The Butterfly garden was nice and we saw tons of monkeys there. They will give you a 20% discount if you tell them you have a package. The staff was very nice and my maid was wonderful. Our toilet overflowed one night and we woke to a big flood in the morning and they came right away to fix it and clean up. The drinks are kind of overpriced at the bar, but other than that, it was great.

Si Como No? No Thanks!

by TripAdvisor Member BruinGirl21478

Here are the good things:
1) Amazing location overlooking the jungle
2) The ground are impeccable-really fabulous
3) It looks like one of the nicest hotels in Manuel Antonio
4) Free shuttle to the park/beach (it's not on the beach)
5) Manuel Antonio is spectacular
6) The Claro Si restaurant is very good and the staff there, at the bar and at the other restaurants are very good.

Here are the bad things:
1) The rooms are really rundown and need to be refurbished. They always feel damp and smell musty. There was a bunch of squished bugs on the ceiling and walls that were never removed during cleanings even though we were there 5 days. The bed linens are threadbare and the coverlet and couch cushions roseem worn out. There are no baths only showers and they seem old and dirty. The rooms are pungent with citronella. You get that same feeling as being at a campground---like you're never really clean--even though you're paying $200 a night.
2) The staff at the front desk is horrible. They seem hostile. When we checked into our room, the bathroom was swarming with bees (literally hundreds of bees). We told the front desk and they told us that we would have to take a room of a lesser grade or wait until they got rid of the bees in the room. I asked about the process for removing the bees as I am allergic to bee stings and was worried about the bees returning and the front desk manager told me that I should consider vacationing in another place as Costa Rica has bees throughout the country. He was very rude.

Then they told us they would switch rooms with an elderly couple who wanted to be closer to the front desk. They made us wait 3 hours while they prepared that couple's room for us. They offered no apologies or compensation, nothing. When we got to the room, they had not cleaned it from the couple and there was old food left out in the room.

3) We booked a tour of their butterfly gardens 1 month in advance and were told 2 hours before the tour was to begin that we had been bumped off since a large group wanted to do the tour and it was "you know, more money from the group."

4) We booked a couple's massage requesting 2 female therapists but when we arrived they gave us a male and female. The receptionist was like: oh well, I made a mistake. The male was very strange and so we asked to have 2 females. They said they couldn't do it unless we came back three hours later. When we cancelled, she was like: good cuz I didn't know if we'd be able to do it later anyways.

The attitude of the staff at the front desk and spa was appalling as were the condition of the rooms. I recommend staying anywhere else as this was not even close to 4* accommodations. Maybe we just had an unlucky experience but we usually love the places we stay and this was just not very good.

Fantastic Eco/Green Hotel in Manuel Antonio

by setikeyvan about Si Como No Nature Reserve & Spa Costa Rica

We absolutely loved our stay here. In fact, we were initially checked into another hotel, but after having lunch at Si Como No and seeing the resort close up we decided to check out of our original hotel and check into Si Como No. The hotel was completely surrounded by nature and it felt both luxurious and eco-friendly, which made me as a tourist, feel good on two levels. On one hand, the luxury gave us the service, amenities and accommodations we wanted during this part of our trip and, on the other hand, this resort's eco-friendly business approach satisfied my sense of responsibility as a tourist. If you are visiting Manuel Antonio National park, I highly recommend you stay at Si Como No. I have nothing negative to say about this resort. The owner of this hotel is American. He apparently came to Manuel Antonio about 30 years ago to camp near the National Park. He loved it so much out there that he decided to stay and open up a hotel. We saw him several times during our stay and, as a fan of corporate culture and management style philosophies; I was very pleased with the way he interacted with his employees. You could tell everyone liked working for him and that he treats his employees very well.
- Nature Reserve & eco-friendly resort
- 5-Leaf Award for Sustainable Tourism (highest possible award)
- Access to butterfly gardens with stay (across the street)
- 30-minute pass to Internet cafe around the corner
- AMAZING VIEWS from guest rooms
- Surrounded by lush, green rainforest and wildlife
- Jungle bridge (we saw about 30 white-faced monkeys there - just 5 feet from us!)
- Rooms with balcony, comfortable bed, nicely decorated, lovely bathroom accommodations with pretty stained-glass work
- Small movie theater on premises
- Spa
- Two pools (pool slide) & wet bar
- Free shuttle to and from Manuel Antonio National Park and beach
- Two great restaurants (Rico Tico Bar 'n Grill and Claro Que Si Restaurant)

Awesome!

We stayed at the Si Como No last May and loved it! There are many hotels to choose from in Manuel Antonio, but this is the best! It is very quiet and beautiful, very friendly staff, monkeys outside of your window, and great food! Great for couples or honeymooners. Lots of fun activities. We have traveled all over the world and this was one of my favorite hotels. I will definitly be back!

A Nice but Overpriced Stay

by TripAdvisor Member teacherkab

We stayed at Si Como No in July and had a wonderful time visiting Manuel Antonio. However, we have mixed feelings about our stay at Si Como No.
The positives:
-The grounds, landscaping, pools, and common areas were beautiful.
-Our balcony (Deluxe Room) was a haven for wildlife including a troop of capuchin monkeys and a sloth.
-The hotel had conveniences like a shuttle to the beach (but you can also take the local bus), a gift shop/convenience store, and a very helpful staff.
-The movie theater was a nice way to relax after a long day of activities.
The not so good:
-The rooms were outdated. We looked into upgrading to a Honeymoon Suite and much prefered our Deluxe Room. Our view was better and the furnishings in both rooms were old, but more worn in the Honeymoon Suite. Our room was always clean, though.
-The pools were too cold to swim in even on a very hot and muggy day. Even children visiting the hotel wouldn't swim (it was that cold).
-The food and drinks were overpriced as compared to other hotels and restaurants in the area.
-We missed having a TV. After a long, busy day sometimes it is just nice to sit back and watch TV.

Overall, Si Como No is a nice place to stay, but as compared to our other hotels in Costa Rica (Lost Iguana and Peace Lodge) it was a disappointment. Our prior hotels were far superior for the same or less money.

Truly excellent hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Judicat

Just returned from a wonderful stay at Si Como No. The hotel grounds are gorgeous and the view cannot be beat - perched on a cliff overlooking the rainforest and the ocean. Our room was large, very nice, comfortable, and clean. The staff could not have been more friendly or helpful - for example, one night during dinner there was a blackout throughout all of Costa Rica and when we were finished, a security guard with a flashlight was sent to the restaurant to escort us back to our room. The Serenity Spa is a real treat - had one of the best massages of my life there (ask for Pablo!) - and it's very reasonably priced. Each of the three restaurants had a wide variety of relatively inexpensive food and every meal we ate was good. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough - it is truly delightful.

Si Como No lobbySi Como No lobby

Si Como No cabinSi Como No cabin

Si Como No guest roomSi Como No guest room

View of Si Como No from the lobby areaView of Si Como No from the lobby area

Tulemar vs. Si Como No

by ashgould

Anyone stayed at these hotels? We're a family of four with 2 teenagers. Prefer places that aren't too touristy. Need nice pool and/or nearby beach.

RE: Tulemar vs. Si Como No

by Tamabacklund

Have you tried www.frommers.com or www.fodors.com or www.tripadvisor.com? There are posts about these hotels on their forum or travel talk sections

RE: Tulemar vs. Si Como No

by Foundryman1

I stayed at Costa Verde 2.Not a very touristy spot good pools excellent views, good food but a walk to the beach.Get the pentouse room it's huge.I think Si Como No has better beach access.

Comments