La Posada Private Jungle Bungalows Hotel

Booking.com Priceline.com eDreams

More about La Posada Private Jungle Bungalows Hotel

A perfect Oasis

by TripAdvisor Member gatorchick

Just got back from La Posada. First ,I want to thank everybody for your accurate reviews on Trip Advisor. This is the fifth time I've booked a place because of this site and I'm five for five with great success.
If you like peace and quiet and beautiful surroundings this is your place. What made it even more special was the location as echoed by other previous posts. Mike the owner was an outstanding host. He was very hospitable and had excellent advice for local restaraunts and tours. His staff were very friendly and they kept the place immaculate inside and out.
We enjoyed petting Bambi the deer that wanders onto the property almost daily and watching the many lizards and birds from our comfortable patio. The rooms have everything you need, plenty of dresser/closet space, ac,comfortable beds, safe, fridge, and microwave, cable tv etc..Extra towels were available upon request for the pool or beach.We went fishing and caught some Mahi. Mike cooked it up for us and the other guests on the last night along with some great steaks and other food he and his staff prepared. We really enjoyed getting to know the other people staying at La Posada. Everybody was really enjoying their stay. I will definetly return here again. I cannot say enough about the beauty of this area with the beaches,mountains, wildlife. but mostly the people. I really hated to leave , I cannot wait to go back !

The Place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member weRaway

On a south and middle America tour, we stopped 5 days in Costa Rica. Before leaving Switzerland we surfed on internet and especialy on the trip advisor site to find a pleasant place to stay. La Posada was more then this. Small, quite, nice, good located, super clean, extra friendly...Sheets and towels are changed every day, bungalows cleaned from the bottom to the top. We cannot find the right words to describ this wonderfull place. Sometimes when you arrive somewhere you think that maybe there was something better just next door. In the case of La Posada that was NOT so. The first step I did there I thought "YES, I MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE !". And believe me, after 5 days, it was very very hard to leave.
Once again thank you to Mike, Francine and Elvis for everything. Bis hug to Mrs Pogan and his friend and to Bambi. Is he son still with her ?
We hope we will have the opportunity to come back again one day.

Perfect Manuel Antonio Hideaway!

by TripAdvisor Member smith2la

We stayed at La Posada for five nights in June and it was very difficult to leave (even though the vacation wasn't over and we had other things to see and do)! I discovered La Posada here on Trip Advisor and was impressed with the raving reviews. Here is a bit about our experience...Location: La Posada is backed right up to Manuel Antonio National Park placing visitors in a private and beautiful setting. You can hear the monkeys playing in the trees and the iguanas and dragon lizards come out during the day to cool down by the pool. Manuel Antonio is getting increasingly "touristy" and La Posada is a perfect, relaxing hideaway. The Room: We stayed in the "Monkey Room", which is a newer addition to the facility along with a smaller room next door and the owner's living quarters upstairs, because the four (yes, only four) bungalows were booked. We were pleased with this room- very clean, cold AC, a hammock on the patio, three comfy beds, a safe, and tv. Not luxurious, but nice. The Food: Every morning we woke up to a wonderful breakfast of fresh fruit, eggs, rice and beans, pastry, coffee, juice and other items. In the afternoon we could order a homemade pizza for about 6 bucks, which was perfect for when there were torrential rains and we just felt like hanging out. Overall: We found the owner, Mike, and his staff to be very friendly, helpful and down-to-earth real people whom with we enjoyed interacting. The breakfast area also serves as a gathering spot where we watched soccor (football...the world cup), planned our days, read books and chatted. We enjoyed the pool and the plethora of clean towels was a plus. Honestly, we wouldn't have wanted to stay anywhere else and we will remember this place and Mike's hospitality fondly.

A home away from home

La Posada is more like visiting a buddy than a luxurious getaway. We made a reservation based on tripadvisor reviews and were very very pleased. The rooms are clean, cool, and cosy and somehow attracts only the most pleasant and friendly tourists. Plus there's a fridge and microwave in every room. However, the most impressive part of our stay was the hospitality and kindness shown by Mike and his staff. They went above and beyond any expectations and made sure that our trip was outstanding. We spent only two nights of a two week Costa Rica/Panama trip at La Posada and it was BY FAR the highlight. After our stay my husband and I were ready to pick up and move there . . . obviously we didn't . . . but the sense of welcome is one that you will not experience in any other hotel, location, or trip. Thank you, Mike!
By the way, if you're looking for great trips - the Canopy Safari and the Finca Valmy Horseback Riding tour were unbelievable!!!!!!!!

Absolutely Fantastic Place to Stay!

We stayed at La Posada for 2 nights in June of 2006. I cannot say enough about this place, as they were able to provide it all. The cost of the room was a definite bargain, especially considering the discount that they gave us for paying in cash, and considering the prices of some of the other places we stayed in Costa Rica.

The grounds are small, with only 4 bungalows in addition to the main building, but really I think this just adds to the private feeling of the place. It is located literally right on the other side of the fence to Manuel Antonio National Park, and there was even a deer that would come out from the national park every afternoon and walk right up to the rooms (and maybe find a few things to eat).

The rooms were furnished with almost every conceivable amenity, including safes, umbrellas, a flashlight, etc. The front porches were large and including plenty of chairs for sitting and relaxing. The pool was excellent for cooling off after a long day of activities.

There is even a pizza kitchen located in the main building, where you can get freshly-made pizzas that don't cost much at all! They taste excellent and it's very convenient.

The owner and staff are very friendly, especially so when they were able to help us book a white-water rafting trip the night before we wanted to go (even offering us a discount for making the reservations through their hotel)!

The hotel was within a 5-minute walking distance of both the public beach in Manuel Antonio (as well as all the restaurants and stores on the main drag next to the beach), as well as Manuel Antonio National Park itself.

In summary, the price, service, convenience of location, and condition of the rooms and surrounding areas make this a place that I highly recommend.

Best Trip Ever

by TripAdvisor Member ERMDDOC

We Just got back from CR with my wife and three sons. We rented two bungalows. I have stayed in some of the finest hotels in the world and this rivalled all them in service. The staff was attentive, the rooms were spotless. They folded all your clothes, did your laundry for next to nothing, and were always quick with towells and whatever else we needed. The breakfast was fantastic, fresh fruit, rolls, rice and beans, and a host of yogurt, coffees etc. The pool was clean and inviting. The location is fantastic and the owner, Mike quickly arranged tours with the best operators and guides in the area. His choice of dining was always on. I can't imagine staying anywhere else when I go back. I'm an ER doctor, and this place was the perfect hotel to escape to...A+++

PS try the homade Pizza even if you don't stay there when you visit. Some of the best I've ever had.

Louis M. Profeta MD

A good budget option for this area

by TripAdvisor Member aphasia

This hotel is located right outside the park exit at the end of a very quiet sidestreet. It is a five minute walk to the beach and another couple of minutes to walk to the park entrance. You can't beat the location, espcially if you don't have access to a car. (ask about the short cut to the beach).

We stayed in the monkey room which was very large, had great AC and was clean. Breakfast was good/buffet style. I wouldn't stay here for the pool: it was exceptionally small. Booking the room was unusual-the owner had me send my credit card number split in two different e-mails(everywhere else had a form)-no confirmation sent. Everything was fine when we got there, however.

Rates here are almost 1/2 of the next closest hotel, making it really good value for the dollar. I appreciated another reviewer mentioning that the inside of the property is a lot more appealing than the outside. There is a lot of barbed wire and a gate that is locked at night, as well as security. Don't let all the security keep you from going to the Manuel Antonio area though- Although theft is probably high, I felt more comfortable there than in many American cities. Not much to do in the evening, esp with kids.

All the reviews are right on!

by TripAdvisor Member AMNA

Stayed at La Posada the third week of July. Nothing short of a great stay, and anything written would simply reiterate what has already been said. If you can get a room here, don't even think twice.

My wife and I were only able to get one of the two rooms (not a bungalow) becuause of a last minute reservation. The rooms were fantastic as well, not better or worse than the wonderful bungalows. This is the best place in MA.

Especially noteworthy is the owner, Mike - friendly, helpful and a pleasure to be around - and his staff is wonderful too!

Great Find

by TripAdvisor Member deep68

We stayed at La Posada the last week in July for 4 nights.
The bungalow was very clean and comfortable, especially the king size bed.
We also enjoyed the patio and hammock.
Breakfasts were great with fruit, hot items, pastries etc.
Mike the owner was very helpful and even took us to the airport for our return flight.
The location of this hotel is very convenient close to the beach and park.
We used the local buses which were frequent, to go to the restaurants on the hill, Quepos & the banks etc. Taxis were also pretty inexpensive.

We really liked the Anaconda restaurant which was in the costa verde resort.

One afternoon the monkeys appeared by the pool and we fed them bananas there must have been 20 monkeys swaying in the trees. That was fun.

The national park is a must, the beaches in the park are much nicer than the public beach in town.

We arrived in Manuel Antonio on a Sunday (from La Fortuna) and it was very busy with a lot of locals and tourist. We were worried that is was just a busy party town and we were a little disappointed after peaceful La Fortuna. However by the end of the day the town quietened down and we came to love the place.

A great place!

by TripAdvisor Member JB-Cdale

We spent four nights there in early August. The location is perfect: right at the exit of the main path through Manuel Antonio National Park. This allows easy access in and out of the park each day (7-4 daily, Monday closed). The owner, Mike, is a great guy. Very helpful and very friendly. Early the first morning we told Mike we were going to hire a guide for the park. Mike walked down to the tour guide office and got us one of his favorites (Elias or Flaco) before anyone else hired him (Flaco turned out to be great). The rest of the hotel staff is Ticos and they are very kind folks! Carol is especially sweet. The hotel has a little snack bar where they serve yummy homemade pizza at a reasonable price. Breakfasts are delicious. Lots of fresh fruit. The rooms are clean, spotless. We hired our laundry to be done for $4 a load and it was perfectly folded, waiting on our bed later that same day. We highly recommend this hotel. We have 2 kids and they liked it too. Yes-- stay here!

Comments