Cano Palma, Tortuguero, Province of Limon, 1, Costa Rica
Booking.com Priceline.com

Costs 318% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Turtle Beach Lodge

by Gido about Turtle Beach Lodge

$80 This is an incredible place in the middle of the Tortuguero jungle, half an hour by boat from Tortuguero village. It is run by a nice American couple, but the main attraction is Mario, a Tico guide who knows about everything there is to know about the jungle, its flora and its inhabitants. It was a once in a lifetime experience for me.

Senior Spanish Trip

by SantaFePrussian

"Tortugero"

We stayed at Turtle Beach Lodge, and toured the canals, which was amazing. It is definently worth getting up at anytime to see the animals we saw, which included Caimen (kinda like mini crocodiles), tucans, fur-du-lance vipers, monkeys, somekind of water serpant, a king Vulture, army ants, little frogs and all sorts of other amazing animals.
The resort is an amazing place, family run, with great amenities. Feet from the Mediterranian, full bar, all meals included.
Most amazing was being there while the giant sea turtles were nesting. It was a great oportunity, one that everyone should have a chance to experience.

"Monte Verde"

This was by far my favorite place that we visited. It is translated as Green Mountain, and it is one of the very few cloud forests left. We stayed in a great little inn, German styled. The town was founded by Quakers a couple of generations ago. The town hence has a blended mix of nationalities. But as a bit of an adreneline junkie, my favorite thing I saw was the zip-line. It was so cool to be so far above the tree canopy, and i could see forever. I wish I would have been able to take pictures. At the same place, we had lunch in a humingbird garden, with the largest humingbirds I have ever seen. It wasn't full of places to party, but had great resturaunts, and places to visit.

"Packing List"

My question whenever I travel anywhere is what to pack. My trip was very much adventures, and involved hiking and other things that got us dirty.
Most hotels offer laundry, but it is often sent out. Prices are not that bad though.
Ideally, I would suggest bringing items of better quality that will last throughout the whole trip, it will ease your mind.
- Shoes should be closed toed, and easy drying. A type of water shoe will excell, my favorite is the Solomon water shoes, for men and women.
- Bring fast drying clothing, zip-off pants are great, as are moisture-wicking fabrics. Bemeber, jeans take a long time to dry.
- As allways, water shoes are essential, some showers are dubiously cleaned.
- A blow-drier will be non-helpful, it will do no good most of the time, plus many hotels have them.
- It can get cold, especially if it is raining in the mountains, so a windbreaker will be great, better if it is water-proof. If you are doing hiking, rain pants would also help. An umbrella would also help.
- As always, a hat, sunglsses, sunscreen and bugspray will prevent sunburns, and make life much more plesant.

Jungle swamps.Jungle swamps.