3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Rated 11% lower than similarly priced 3.5 star hotels

More about Occidental El Tucano & Spa

Hot springs

by kyoub about Hotel Occidental El Tucano

Hotel Occidental Tucano is surrounded by a tropical forest and thermal mineral hot springs.
We had a nice large bedroom, bathroom with tub and hot water. Very beautiful area with nature paths through the wood. Nice large pool. a jzcuzzi that i loved. Hot springs in the river.

Natural Hot Springs

by aluciahall

Termales del Bosque is just before the Hotel El Tucano - Once you are in Ciudad Quesada , turn to the right behind the cathedral, and continue 7 kms to the east ( road to Aguas Zarcas ), you will se the sign on the left side of the road. It is hot springs and rain forest. Entrace I think it was around $8-$10 I got a 1 hour masage for only $20!!!

Arenal Volcano - active and...

by bjcardiff

Arenal Volcano - active and stunning, mind you the hike up to the lava field is not for the faint of heart. The effort however is well worth the rewards. For the ladies the El Tucano Mineral Springs and Spa is outstanding. The bruttle hike up to the lava fields at the Arenal Volcano - steep, narrow and rugged BUT well worth the effort - trhe sights and sounds of the erupting volcano were magical!!!

CT-Has anybody gone for the Two Ocean Tour from Funsun Vacations?

by wio

Hi,

We are going to Costa Ricka in January 2005 for the Two Ocean Tour from Funsun Vacations. Is anybody familiar with it? have you heard anything good/bad? We would be interested to find out.
The tour itself sounds like a lot of fun and many places to visit, but I'm interested also what should we pack, should we consider buying additional day-tours while in San Jose (we'll be there 4 days), etc?

Your feedback is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
w

by spalatino

hi
i am not familiar with this tour, but I have been to Costa Rica at my own,and this is really a great country. Anyway, if you are in San Jose , maybe you can make a day trip to the volcanos of Irazu and Poa (if not includeed in your tour), easy (and safe) to reach with a local buses , or go to Puerto Viejo for Canopy tour.
Regards
D

by jjjenny

I'm not familiar with the tour you're talking about, but, my husband and I drove from the Pacific coast to the Caribbean coast last summer. Two very different places. The pacific has nice, large hotels along the coast and the caribbean has small hotels, most not on the ocean. I'm glad I saw both sides.
You can buy day tours from San Jose, I did that one year....you might consider doing that. I don't like San Jose because of all the beggars. I went downtown one afternoon and that was more than enough for me.
I would pack shorts, bathing suits, jeans, tennis shoes, sandals, and maybe something nice if you want a nice evening out. Don't forget to pack something warm, like a light jacket or sweatshirt. It can get cool in some areas.

Re: Re: CT-Has anybody gone for the Two Ocean Tour from Funsun Vacations?

by darkange1

"You can buy day tours from San Jose"
more specific do you have some names website and prices

by HintonAB

Hi we were on the 2oceans tour march25 -april11/04
we had 4-5 days in san jose that was acouple days to long, we liked going to the central market (coffee at the market was cheap to buy and was very good)had lunch at the gran hotel patio if were doing again we would fly /bus to monteverde or manuel antonio for couple days. The Jungle Lodge was great though older. At El Tucano Julio(fun sun tour guide) aranged for the group(15) to go on a zip line (must do)acouple on our tour took a side trip to a game refuge near the north border said a great day
At Tambor the resort is very nice, great place to relax and walk the beach to the villages both directions the tours that the resort recomends at check-in are very over priced for what you get, the 4-5 things threre are no bath rooms at all past the Curu' ,the snorkling is about 1/2 hr and not the best by along shot. All the tours provide by fun sun are great very informed about everything (flora fauna everything)

Comments