Presidente Hotel

Avenida Central Boulevard, Calle 7, San Jose, Province of San Jose, 1000, Costa Rica

Hotel Presidente
Priceline.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 44% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• penumbra's Profile Photo

For the business traveler or tourist alike

Clean, well maintained and filled with friendly attentive staff. Included in the price of the room is a continental buffet breakfast at the hotel’s News Café. The restaurant is worth a visit just to watch the city walk by on Avenida Central. The hotel has several room choices. Shown in the pictures here is a Studio room which is not widely advertised but which is a less expensive than the Standard room.

Unique Quality: The fitness room on the seventh floor is newly renovated with one of every type of machine and a beautiful eastward facing view. Massages (for a fee) are available and the eighth floor has a Jacuzzi that can be booked by the hour. Free internet access is available to guests from two machines in the lobby. A casino resides next door with direct access available on the second floor.

Directions: East end of downtown

• sfphototraveller's Profile Photo

Presidente Hotel

I love Presidente Hotel. I stayed at the Spa room,for around $ 82 a night includes daily breakfast downstairs by pedesterian street. The room has a 2 person hot tub in bathroom with shower,large bed with mini fridge and electronic safe that you make your own combo.
    Safe wont fit a laptop unless its a small laptop.

I also stayed in the Spa Suite for around $ 90 a night. It has a seperate bedroom area but has 2 tv,1 mini fridge,larger living room area with desk,sofa,dining table. Also had glass hottub combo shower. This bathroom was smaller than the Spa room.

I would stay in the Spa room if you want to relax with your loved ones. There is more space.

Unique Quality: There is a Casino in Hotel from 2nd floor. a tour desk, They have a Taxi but they seem to charge twice as much, its safer. but if you walk out the street you find taxi on the street.
    They also have 2 computers for hotel to check email near the regestration desk where the taxi parks there car or minivan.

More about Presidente Hotel

Loved the complimentary breakfast with extraordinary people watching.

by TripAdvisor Member okruhappynow

After listening to my lifelong buddy explain to me that I must go with him to Costa Rica, I had reservations, as I was doing just fine in the USA and had never been to a foreign country. I'm so glad I listened to him and have visited the Hotel Presidente for the last five years. Amazing in all ways. A great starting point for any visit to the friendly country. If you need help, it's there. If you want to be left alone, no problem at all.
Check it out on the computer and and the chat rooms and see for yoursef. You won't be disappointed.. If you don't have a good visit, my face will be red..............................Sincerely Ric USA

Too noisy

by TripAdvisor Member CarolF45

Only stayed one night on the way out of town. The hotel was fine and it's probably a good location if you want to see San Jose, but we just needed a few hours sleep and it was very very noisy. My husband and I did not sleep all night due to noise from the street below our room.

A nice place to stay with great values

by TripAdvisor Member GlobetroterCostaRica

Sometimes I wonder what travelers do expect from a well managed city hotel. Reading some of the reviews I must admit to say the least to be surprised. I did stay a number of times in this hotel and not once have I been disappointed in any way.

The employees are doing a great job, they are friendly and do provide a great speedy service, the product quality served are superior and always rendered with a smile on the face. I do travel much, I stay in 3, 4 and 5 star deluxe hotels and resorts properties, if you keep the location and the hotel infrastructure in mind, you can honestly not ask for much more.

Just think about it for a while, it the service and quality product served in the hotel or better in the restaurant would be of low quality, do you honestly think the place would be full every day? Not only is the Food and Beverage of good quality, furthermore it has a perfect match in price value and this fact also goes for their room rates.

For as much as I know and I have witnessed over the past months, the Hotel Management is constantly upgrading their services, the rooms and restaurant are perfectly maintained and honestly you can not ask for any more keeping their room rates of this hotel in mind.

Yes I do agree the hotel was not build a year ago and some guests at the bar may not be of every ones liking, but please stick to reality, try some of the other hotels in San Jose including 5 star properties you will find the same atmosphere and environment only 5 times more expensive, none of the so called top hotel properties except for the Marriott hotel can clam to be build within the last 10 years.

To be critical and by doing so being a past of the improvement reasons of a property is a good and justified conduct but please be critical in areas which are fully in control of the Hotel Management, in most cases I know a Hotel Management is thankful for any tips to improve constantly its services.

I can only congratulate the Employees and the Management of this city hotel for a Job well done over the past years and I am sure that both the Employees as much as the Management of this property will continue to improve their service and try to provide the best possible service keeping infrastructure realities in mind.

Keep up the Good Job

Great Service

by TripAdvisor Member golfgal_7

When the travel company we used to book our trip went out of business I contacted the Hotel Presidente directly to book our two night stay in San Jose - the night of our arrival in the country and one night at the end of our trip. The hotel was great! We loved the location in the middle of the downtown area and the service we received was excellent. The free breakfast was very good, the best we had on the trip. On the last night we were given an upgrade to a suite with the very affordable price of a standard room. I would definately stay there again.

Great hotel,location,price

by TripAdvisor Member floridadd

Staff were very helpful. Rooms were clean. Great price. In downtown san jose and very secure. Great breakfast. Close to everything.

I asked for a room on the top floor and they did it. I would definately stay here again.

The Ultimate Experience @ Presidente

by TripAdvisor Member epicAdventurer

We arrived in San Jose and found lodging for one night at a hotel nearby who recommended the News Cafe (at the Presidente). After dinner at News Cafe we inquired about rooms, rates and availability and to our pleasant surprise found that we could get a room including (an exceptional) breakfast for an even better price.
The service was fantastic both in the hotel and restaurant, the amenties are fabulous- new cardio machines, rooftop jaccuzi (ahhhhh...) and they even bring water and chocolates to your room in the evening. $ thumbs up from this happy couple!
T & J

Keeps getting better

by TripAdvisor Member iriding

This was my fifth stay at the Presidente and I am always impressed how proffesional the staff are.
They have just redevloped the entire News cafe it is very stylished and you can tell this a manegment team are serious about providing a classy environment
I stayed in a Grand Spa suite, it was very impressive, large sitting area two work desks, great as I was on business, perfect hi speed connection and flawless decorations and cleanliness.
The Jacuzzi is glassed in and is reached trhough the bathroom and shower, I loved it my girlfriend and I cracked a bottle of wine and relaxed after a day pounding around San Jose sights Very cool
The front desk staff are incredibly polite and even the Bell hop greats me by my first name and welcomes me back.
A breakfast buffet is included in the room price and everyday they had 4 different hot items (waffles, bacon, potatoes or Rice) plus a chef making any kind of omlettes or eggs How can you fault that!!!!
Grab yourself a cold Imperial and sit on balcony in the news cafe and watch the whole city pass you by.
Anytime you see a Hotel keep investing money into there property you know you are onto a winner
I use tripadvisor constantly and thanx to all who take the time to post. Hope you find the above helpful

My Home Away From Home In San Jose

by TripAdvisor Member Gone~Walkabout~Man

The Hotel Presidente is my home away from home when I travel to Costa Rica. I have stayed at thePresidente four times since the turn of the century. In May 2000, In June 2002, in December 2005, and, in June 2006. Every time I return, they have made the hotel even better, by improving the facilities, and making the entire hotel more mordern. This hotel surely appreciates the business of it's repeat customers, it has always treated me very well. The rooms are clean. The staff is always very helpful, friendly, and courteous. And, best of all, the price is right ! I book all my tours through the tour desk, and have never had a bad experience. The food at the "News Cafe'" is excellent, the free breakfast buffet is included in the price of your room. The open-air cafe allows you a bird's eye view for peopole watching San Jose's street life stroll past while you dine or drink. The hotel is located on "La Grande Via" a five mile long cobble-stoned pedestrian(no vehicle traffic) street, which is also refered to as "Gringo Gultch", as this is the main shopping district downtown, with all the stores, schools, restaurants and pharmacies you could ever want. For you Gringo turistas, they also have K.F.C., Burger King, and Mickey D's. Also the National Theatre is one block away. Another new time saving feature that the hotel has, is: you can now pay your airport departure tax at the front dask, and they give you a government receipt, to save you from standing in an extra line at the airport.

Comments