Camagüey Hotels

Our Members Say

• CDM7 profile photo CDM7
  • Reviews: 349

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Colon: One Night Was Enough!

My first impression of this hotel was good,but upon entering our room (213) it immediately went downhill.The room was the smallest bedroom i have ever stayed in,with just enough space for a couple of single beds,with a gangway up the middle.The room had no window,but came with noisy a/c which you could not leave running at night.Speaking to other people it was apparent that all the rooms are likewise.En suite was reasonable with shower and a window.Most of the rooms are on the first floor surrounding the courtyard below,so there was some noise from the late night drinkers.

On the plus side the courtyard was a nice place to enjoy a drink or a meal,as was the main bar with the beautiful dark wood and the comfy chairs.Staff were all friendly especially the guy behind the bar.

If you are driving to this hotel it is not possible to park nearby,so you will have some way to carry your luggage.The porter will help if you ask.

A lovely old colonial building with a nice courtyard and bar.Situated in the old part of Camaguey.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written February 19, 2015

Front of Hotel

• Luchonda profile photo Luchonda
  • Reviews: 2339

Hotel Colon: A nice colonial atmosphere

The rooms are rather small - but has a unique ambience.

The huge reception - two bars at the entrance

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written March 23, 2003

Hotel Colon

• elsadran profile photo elsadran
  • Reviews: 1188

Casa Sarmiento

Felix y Magali, a very nice and active couple, have helped me a lot and were really warm and friendly hosts.
The food cooked by her was exciting and tasty. The dishes were numerous and generous, and at the end of every meal I was completely full... But she kept bringing small delicacies she had made and I couldn't resist , of course....
They have two air con double rooms, independent and spacious. One is downstairs and one upstairs.
They both have bathrooms with hot water, refrigerator and TV.
The room upstairs has an breezy terrace with a small corner for guests to cook.
Rooms cost 20 – 25 depending on the number of tenants and the season.
It is located in the perimeter of the center so it is very quiet but not far to reach it on foot.

Address: San Jose 261(B) (Ramon Silva)
e/ Rosario y Jes'us Maria
Camagüey
email: f.sarmiento@nauta.cu
tel. (53) (32) 240684
mob (53) (32) 54044775

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written June 30, 2015
Tip Photo

• ainsleigh profile photo ainsleigh
  • Reviews: 132

Andres House: Great hospitality, amazing food

Andres House is a friendly and comfortable casa particular in the La Vigia neighbourhood of Camaguey. The room itself is very basic, and includes a completely private entrance, powerful old-school air conditioner and a pretty good supply of hot water for the shower. The dining area opens on to a terrace overlooking the neighbourhood and the lovely yard with all kinds of fruit and avocado trees. Part of this place's charm is that it is in a very quaint residential neighbourhood so be prepared for 10-15 minute walk into the city centre. Perhaps also part of the charm is the barbershop quartet of roosters that crow in the early morning...

Andres and his family offer really incredible hospitality; they picked us up at the bus station, provided us with a fully stocked fridge on arrival, and seemed genuinely interested in visiting and talking to us about Cuban culture. Andres helped us clear up our plans to go to Santa Lucia after they got messed up. He is also an incredible cook and you should take advantage of his home-cooked meals at least once, especially if lobster is on the menu.

Eat the food Andres serves at least once. Seriously. It was the best meal we had in Cuba.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Historical Travel
  • Written January 1, 2008

Out on the terrace at Andres House in Camaguey

• devillush profile photo devillush
  • Reviews: 20

Villa el Tinajon - Eva y Carlos: Camaguey Casa Particular

I stayed here in June 2004. My room had a comfortable double bed, was very clean, and had an attached bathroom, hot/cold shower, air conditioning and a fan. They also had a room in a freestanding building in the garden. I didn't see inside, but the girls staying there seemed happy with it. The garden was a beautiful breakfast or relaxing spot. They are a bit out of the centre of town, but still an easy walk.

• Written February 16, 2005
Tip Photo

The street looking away from the house

• goguette profile photo goguette
  • Reviews: 1

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

MIN KING: Restaurants

A Cuban Chinese Restaurant for Cubans...Its new , Its nice , the best food I had In a month in Camaguey. I think they have funny hours... The best part is , it is priced in pesos....one beer 10 pesos . two cuba libre and one mojito 20 pesos etc. (26 pesos to 1 cuc dollar ) Good food for cuba and well presented...Say hello to Odaimi for me if you go.

Nice little bar and a roof top area for dining.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Budget Travel, Food and Dining
  • Written February 10, 2009

• socheid profile photo socheid
  • Reviews: 279
Casa Lancara: Maybe the accomm low point of the trip

The apartment looks beautiful and is centrally located. The location though is part of the reason to avoid this place.

Unbelievable noise not just from outside but also from the landlady playing her Enrique Iglesias music through her atomic powered stereo meaning there's no chance of a day time sleep. There isn't a glass window, only wooden shutters that don't exactly fit air tight and the noise from the bar across the street is not sleep friendly unless you maybe have some industrial strength head phones.

There's a message printed out on the desk about saving the environment by not using electricity and so don't use the air con unless essential. When I made the comment about the music pounding out from the bar across the street, I was told, 'turn the air con on to drown the music out'.

The bathroom is across the corridor and outside the back on the balcony.

I was offered dinner and accepted. I explained details of my dietary requirements and this was accommodated. I was stunned when I got my asked for my bill to see I had been stung 8 cuc for a plain salad followed by a fruit plate. It was a well presented plain salad, stunningly so for enthusiasts of plain salad presentation. Similarly the fruit plate was presented wonderfully, sliced fruit laid out on a plate. 8 cuc? Rip off isn't a nice smell.

I can't imagine what would make me stay here again. A shame as the apartment looks beautiful but I need my sleep.

• Written March 26, 2012