3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Satisfaction Poor

More about Brisas Trinidad Del Mar

Part of Paradise - Brisas Trinidad Del Mar

by TripAdvisor Member jmepani

A friend and I stayed at Brisas at the end of our trip to cuba which included visiting Havana, Santa Clara, Cienfuegos as well as Trinidad. We have to say that the best part of our trip was staying at Brisas Trinidad Del Mar right on the beach with beautiful surroundings and clean rooms. Although the water pressure and temperature were not great this was a minor problem. The food was above average compared what we had been eating for the earlier part of our trip.
We only stayed 3 nights and as a result did not get a chance to take any day trips, but there was plenty occupy us for the time were there, games room, dancing lessons, sunbathing (of course).
Take a trip to the lovely trinidad centre, only 15min cab ride from the hotel. Go up the tower near the plaza for amazing vista of the escambray mountains surrounding the picturesque town. Secondly at night visit las cuevas, a club in a natural cave setting - very unusual. The hotel staff can arrange transport, is fairly quiet in the week, picking up on fri, sat and sun.
The friendly staff at this hotel were what made the stay extremely enjoyable and we will be keeping in touch with the members of the animation team who work very long hours to perform stage shows and keep guests entertained. Please as other reviewers have stated take with you things like toiletries,clothes etc to give. Unfortunately we were unaware of this prior to the trip and did not have anything to give.
The only disapppointing aspect of staying here was saying goodbye to the staff and having to leave so soon!

In La Habana Vieja I stayed in...

by cristina1

In La Habana Vieja I stayed in hotels only although I would have loved to have stayed with a family - maybe next time! I stayed at Hotel Plaza but wasn't impressed with the rooms (stayed there on 2 different occasions as it happened) and on my first arrival I did not receive soap or toilet paper. Lucky I had my own! And there was only cold water that dribbled from the shower head in a few scattered drops so it meant you had to salsa under the shower to catch the water drops. The Hotel Inglaterra (across the road) was fabulous and the beds were great and the 'cuarto de bano' (bathroom) was clean with lots of room and no mould. So guess what? I'm staying there again.

In Trinidad, Hotel Brisas Trinidad del Mar was a pleasant surprise with the best dancers entertaining guests. Also it was right on the Carribean sea which was wonderful. Great place to stay if you're into hotels. Family houses are a better alternative and that's where I will stay on my next trip in June. Also stayed in Vinales Valley and that was absolutely magic. What a great country Cuba is! I now live for Cuba.
$75 - $80 single and $100-$130 double. I know that it's not cheap but when you book from Australia you must nominate 3 nights in a hotel in order to be eligible for your tourist visa so little choice. But the hotel was a great choice. Beautiful architecture, clean roomy rooms, clean and fresh bathrooms, balconies, great roof top dining and entertainment and fantastic entertainers in front courtyard/bar. Great hotel.

trinidad villa de la santisima

by hanspeter_W.

Trinidad is a town in the province of Sancti Spíritus, central Cuba. Together with the nearby Valle de los Ingenios, it has been one of UNESCOs World Heritage sites since 1988
Tourism officials like to say Trinidad is a museum in itself. Those visiting the 500-year-old city will find Spanish colonial architecture, underscoring a colonial ambiance that marks the tiny city one of the country’s greatest attractions. Only a few square blocks in size, historic Trinidad is famous for its lovely, cobblestone streets, pastel coloured houses with elaborate wrought-iron grills, as well as majestic palaces and plazas. The city can be toured in a few hours, by foot or by horse-drawn carriage. The city’s is located near both the Escambray Mountains and the Caribbean beach.

One of the area’s most interesting sights is the Valley of the Sugar Mills, which has been declared a World Heritage Site. The valley has around 70 long-standing sugar mills that are a reminder of the importance of sugar to the Cuban economy over the centuries.It has la Torre Iznaga, a 45 meter tower built by Alejo Iznaga Borrell in 1816. Twenty km from the city is Topes de Collantes, one of Cuba’s premier ecotourism centres. Another attraction is the Casilda Bay, which attracts both snorkelers and divers. A nearby islet has pristine beaches.

Ancon Beach is a white sand beach that boasts a number of three- and four star hotels. Ancón was one of the first new resorts to be developed in Cuba following the 1959 revolution. Along the Ancon Peninsula are three hotels: Hotel Costa Sur (South Coast Hotel), Hotel Ancon and Brisas Trinidad del Mar (opened in 2002)

Best experience of my life!!

We stayed at Brisas during spring break, and it was the best experience of our lives! My boyfriend and I were there for only one week, but we made friends from all over, including many members of the Brisas staff. The entertainers and hospitality staff are all very friendly and fun. Some of them took us into town to visit an underground cave nightclub, others toured us around the property, and others gave us private salsa lessons. The general vibe at the resort is very relaxed, and people are free to do what they like. I would Highly recommend Brisas Trinidad del Mar to anyone looking for a very relaxed vacation with beautiful sights and wonderful nightly entertainment. We loved it!

Worth it...one time only

My wife and I stayed at the Brisas Trinidad del Mar in the first week of February 2006. We had selected this resort primarily for its proximity to the historic city of Trinidad de Cuba. Promoted as a four-star, this Brisas excels at that level in some areas and falls very short in others.

What’s great about staying at the Brisas Trinidad del Mar?

It has an exceptional beach. The Brisas sits on a mile-long section of the Playa Ancon, which it shares only with the (rather grim) Ancon Hotel and some public-access areas (locals and tourists staying in Trinidad often come to the beach). South facing, Playa Ancon has good sun until 6PM, and great sunsets afterwards. There are always masses of chairs and palm umbrellas available for Brisas guests at any time (no need to claim seats at 7AM here). It’s possible to walk a further two miles east on equally beautiful sand and you’re often the only person around (although occasionally a policeman appears to tell you that area is closed for no apparent reason…ah, Cuba). Watch out for the sand flies, however. They do bite!

The resort is very quiet. Yes, there are the expected dance lessons, nighttime entertainment and beach volleyball, but if you’re looking for a laid back, low pressure environment, this certainly qualifies. No need to bring really dressy clothes either. (It’s not really the best resort for kids, because it is so laid back.)

The rooms are comfortable. The 5000 and 6000 blocks of rooms facing the ocean are best, but many other rooms face either pretty nice courtyards or the mountains to the north (but be careful of the rooms facing the central pool area, as the shows at night can get loud).

Trinidad de Cuba is captivating. Only an $8CUC, 15-minute cab ride from the resort, the central colonial section of the city is a wonderful mix of multi-coloured buildings, squares, people and – at night – music. The historic zone is easy to explore in 4-5 hours in the day, but you’ll want to come back in the evening to listen to music at the Casa de la Musica or the Casa de la Trova, and have a meal at a paladar, a private restaurant. We ate at Paladar Estela, and had an exceptional dinner in a charming courtyard for $26CUC for two, drinks and tip included. Paladars cannot take reservations or credit cards, so just turn up at 6:50, cash in pocket, and enjoy. While there are a few places catering to tourists, Trinidad is still clearly a working town – some desperately poor areas but also a texture and genuineness that is a good antidote to an all-inclusive resort.

What’s not so great about the Brisas?

Well, as so many other reviews have pointed out, the food really does not live up to even Cuban four-star standards. You won’t starve, as there are always a few good things in the buffet, but it gets repetitive and bland, and there is mysterious stuff in some of those trays. A lot of reviews praise the La Vigna a la carte restaurant, but we actually had a pretty indifferent meal with dreadful service. We preferred the Cuban restaurant, because it was outdoors, the food seemed better prepared and the staff were the best at the resort. The quality of food preparation and service really has to be fixed for Brisas Trinidad del Mar to live up to its potential and its four stars. By the way, avoid the coffee in the buffet at all costs – the cappuccinos at the 24-hour snack bar are fantastic.

Based on past reviews, we expected better, and friendlier, service. The animation staff is indeed friendly, as are some of the bar and restaurant staff, but generally most of the employees were simply doing their jobs. This may be Cuba, but travelers do have choices.

The lack of hot water and water pressure is a small but irritating thing. The time of day does not seem to matter.

The public areas (lobby, bars, snack bar, 1514 buffet) are pretty utilitarian.

So, go for a great beach and the chance to soak in a bit of history, music and the real Cuba in Trinidad, but don’t pay more than $1,100 CDN. It isn’t worth any more. We probably won’t go back, but are glad we went once.

A couple of other notes. We flew Sunwing from Toronto. A very new airline, the levels of service and enthusiasm were exceptional. Also, make sure you fly into Cienfuegos, as we did, rather than Santa Clara. The former is a least an hour closer by bus.

Finally, beyond the health and beauty gifts so appreciated by the maids, think about bringing down a baseball or two for the kids playing on Trinidad’s streets or some high-quality guitar strings for the musicians.

Decent hotel, great vacation destination

My husband and I stayed at this resort in April/May 2004.

Our trip was sort of a pre-honeymoon for us, and our travel agent arranged for a free upgrade to an ocean view room, which was nice. The hotel's big benefit is its location - between the moutains, Trinidad and the beach, there is lots to do and it's a great place to go if you want a little adventure and a little beach, with the convenience of an all-inclusive.

Getting There:
The nearest airport is Cienfuegos, which is over an hour's drive away. I would try to arrive in daylight if you can because the drive is interesting (if a bit rough). The airport itself has more of a "communist" feel than Varadero, and people of colour on the plane seemed to get a lot more attention from the authorities.

The Hotel:
The hotel is quite beautiful. I had previously stayed in Breezes Varadero, and personally I thought this hotel was physically much more impressive. The room was large and nicely decorated, and the bathroom was quite fancy and even had a bidet (not that we used it). Our room was on the 3rd floor and had a fantastic view of the beach. However the view out our front door was of the mountains and was also gorgeous, so I don't think you could lose no matter what way your room faced. The common areas are beautiful, laid out to imitate the nearby town of Trinidad (and with some success). An unusual feature is the large aivary in the middle of one of the plazas, full of songbirds. It is very relaxing to sit in the sun and watch the birds flit around. This end of the hotel is further from the restaurant/bar and you might prefer it if you want more peace and quiet. The pools are very attractive and have lots of seats and sunshades.

The Food:
This is the big downer of this location - the food is really quite awful, and the buffet has a large, noisy, cafeteria like athmosphere. They do have a station where a guy makes a la carte pasta - basically he lightly stir-fries whatever vegetables you want and then tosses it with pasta, cheese and your choice of sauce. This is what I had most of the time and it was pretty good. My husband relied on the sandwiches and burgers in the canteen. The a la carte restaurant upstairs has a better athmosphere, but I don't think the food was any great improvement. There is another a la carte which looks sort of like a beach hut on one side of the resort which is really pleasant and the food seemed a little better there. We managed to eat there several times although I think we were supposed to book ahead. As well, according to all the tourism guides there are lots of good Paladars (licenced restaurants in people's homes) in the town of Trinidad. Don't know if there still are, with all the recent changes in Cuba. We were there at the end of the tourist season and most of them seemed closed, so we didn't get a chance to try this out, but if the food really gets to you it may be something look into (buy a travel guide to get a listing with reviews).

The Beach:
The beach is very nice. The sand is sort of a pale gold colour and stretches on for what must be miles - we walked both directions as far as we could manage and never came to the end. The beach has a more natural look than in Varadero, with dried kelp at the waterline and you can see little crabs and sea creatures if you keep your eyes open. A lot of local people use the beach in addition to the tourists, and the place has a friendly, family feel to it.

Looking Around:
This is definately a place where you should leave the resort and look around. There are little "Cocotaxis" which look like huge foodball helmets strapped on to a moped which go back and forth all day from the resort to the town. When we were there it was $1 or $2 US per trip - probably different now - which was very reasonable for what is about a 10-15 minute ride. The historic downtown sector of Trinidad is fantastic and there are so many things to see and museums to visit. It also felt very safe - we went into town several times and walked around, and I was glad we didn't bother booking a tour. Check out Las Ruinas - a former theatre turned bar. The roof has caved in, but trees have grown up through in a very picturesque way. Not only is it a pleasant place to sit and relax with a beer, but they also give salsa and music lessons there. Great spot. In the evening, there is also a lot of live music and dancing in the historic sector - definately try to take it in!

We also took a trip to the L'Escambrey Mountains. This we booked through the hotel. There weren't enough people to do the official tour, but our agent managed to set something up for us anyway. We were driven in a jeep for about an hour, up into the mountains to an interpretation centre (the area is designated a National Park). There we met up with a guide and another couple, and we all hiked down into a valley with a big waterfall, and after a short rest and a swim we hiked back out. This was a pretty serious hike - my husband and I are young and healthy and we found it quite strenuous - but really worth it. What an amazing place!

We also went to Los Ignenios, which is where all the sugar plantations used to be. This is a rather sobering place, very sad. There is a giant tower that one of the major plantation owners built to keep an eye on all his slaves. You can climb it, and we did, but I'm not sure it's really wise to do so - it's REALLY high, with no guard rails or anything, and you have to wonder about maintenance. Don't consider it if you have any fear of heights!

Overall, a great vacation, perfect for people who want to see a little of the "real Cuba" but still want to have the convenience and comfort of a decent all-inclusive resort. A week is not long enough to see everything there is to see in this part of Cuba!

Great place

Our family of four spent a week at Hotel Brisas after four days in Havana. We all had a great time including the two children aged 17 & 19. The staff were very friendly, the hotel is right by a great beach and we went out on 3 fantsatic trips.
The day boat trip to a tiny island was good value and the snorkelling was spectacular. Swimming with dolphins was very memorable.

The food was reasonable enough. Plenty to choose from but not the greatest quality. Stick to the beer or cocktails - the wine was terrible.

The evening entertainment was fun but probably not to everyone's taste.

The only real criticism is that when we came offf the beach at 6pm and tried to shower in our 2nd floor room (top flloor) we could get no hot water.

Salsa Boot Camp

by TripAdvisor Member Tigericious

Getting There: Left Toronto on a Saturday and flew into the Santa Clara airport. Airport a mess. Be prepared to wait in a long line to get through immigration. Don't be in a rush because the luggage pick up is a riot. We were questioned as to the medications we were bringing down to the Cuban Clinic in Trinidad. The officers were interested asked questions and allowed us to proceed with everything we were bringing. Rode via mini-van for 2 and 1/2 hours to the hotel. Stopped in Santa Clara at a restaurant for a bite to eat. It appeared we were stalling so we would not arrive at the hotel too early (although they did not say that). If I did it again I would take the Thursday flight into Cienfuegos which isn't so far away.

Check In: Easy, the best We've ever had. They did not have rooms selected for us. We requested adjoining rooms, ocean front -first floor, and were given 2nd floor, ocean view, with one room apart. Not bad, but not what we asked for. I'm not sure who to blame on that one. We asked for this with the travel agent when we booked. We were satisfied with what they did for us in any case. Front desk very polite.

Room: Nice and clean. Spacious balconey with a couple of chairs and a bistro table. Room had safety deposit box, large closet, 2 beds, tv, tub, shower,bidet, potty... Cleaned nicely daily with fresh bottled water daily. The last day we were given water that somehow, although bottled tasted sugary???? Shower not always hot especially at the beginning of our stay, not matter the time of the shower. Near the mid to end of the week it was hot enough. Strange, but not a real problem.

Hustle and Bustle: None, or very little. I would rate this a 5/5 as compared to other resorts. It is the place to come in January if you don't like to compete for food, drink, beach chairs,etc... THe place was not busy to the point of not being able to handle it. There was very little lining up anywhere. Except of course at the disco and the airport.

Food: Cuban Fair. The LaVigia A La Carte restaurant was terrific. I had the HAvana Club Chicken which was really very good. It has a beautiful dining room, better than I have seen at the Club AMigo Guardalavaca and the Sol Rio de Luna y Mares. The buffet restaurant is okay. I had the pasta nightly at the buffet restaurant( I think it is called 1514). On occasion the beach restaurant was open for a buffet dinner. I found this exceptional. It seemed to be Cuban fare. Delicious chicken and pork off of the bone. Not a great dessert selection but with cuban ice cream on the menu - you need little else. Breakfast omelletes and toast with special jams were wonderful. The pizza from the 24 hour bar paired with french fries and beer makes a very nice lunch. Unless you are seriously picky the food should suffice. There did not seem to be a blender at the resort so I missed having a properly blended pina colada, however they had the pina colada/lime/ frozen drink machine. If you must drink wine I would recommend the chilled rose (it is a bit yucky).

Entertainment: The animation team took care of most of the entertainment in the evening although they also had professional dancers (part of the animation team) and bands come in. There were musicians strumming around quite often. The evening shows were okay. The animation team works God knows how many hours in a day. They are really what makes the resort. It isn't the same type of entertainment that you find at the Guardalavaca Resorts, but it is very good considering the staff who are putting it on have just worked a 10 hour day.

Dance Lessons: The big hit of this resort. There are dance lessons at LEAST 3 times per day. Many times with professional dancers (i.e. trained in Havana). If you love to dance and want to improve-this is the place to do. There are often 3 animation team members teaching at each lesson. The animation team loves to dance and they show it in this particular aspect of their jobs. If I ever go back it will be to concentrate on my salsa. I wished I had done more dancing, and tipped the staff at each lesson instead of at the end of the week, (lesson learned).

Beach: Close to the resort and an easy walk. No real big hill to traverse. A pretty good spot for someone who can't walk long long distances. Beach bar was never too busy. Nice sandy beach, nice chairs and for some reason plenty of choice in seating. I have never experienced this type of availability in Guardalavaca. A nice place to visit for people who don't like crowds (at least this is the experience in January). Ocean temperature a bit cold, wore a wet suit when I went snorkeling (see excursions). Beach is long and public.

Excursions: Wanted to go on the Rambo Tour but it was only going on the Friday which didn't suit me. Those that went said it was great.
Catamaran Tour: To the Isla des Iguanas. It is a full day. 2 hours getting there via catamaran. When you get there they whisk you off snorkeling. There is little instruction so this might not be for beginners. We were lucky that we already knew what to avoid and were reasonable swimmers as it is a 45 minute tour out to and along the coral. It is stunning. Deep water, little place to rest. Cold too if you didn't have a wet suit. After the snorkeling you walk back to a gazebo and see the iguanas. Be careful. As they were being fed they were getting assertive. One iguana scratched a girls leg and drew blood with its' claw as it was trying to get her attention for more food. This was followed by shouting/screaming and positioning on the picnic tables. Also followed by disinfecting of wound. Also a little rat like/beaver animal that came out to dine. This did not accost anyone, although the crew said that 'yes' they do bite. Generally, be on guard. Lunch was a lovely dinner on the boat with real dishes. Only 7 on this trip. Lovely meal. Well laid out. You get one drink included for 40pesos. After that the drinks are $1.50 cuc each. After lunch we went on a short walk to a natural pool. Really nice. We tipped the crew with money and gifts such as canada flag bandanas and duct tape and they were very appreciative.
Snorkeling: Took a cab to the beach next to the Costa Sur. I walked it once but wouldn't do it again as it was simply to heavy with the snorkel, flippers and wet suit. And,hey, I'm on holidays! It cost $2 for the 3 of us each way. I requested a pick up time 2 hours later and the cabbie came back. Beautiful beach, I would recommend visiting this even if you don't snorkel. Snorkeling was awesome. I wished I would have stayed and explored longer.
Trinidad: We went shopping twice at the market in Trinidad. It cost $14 return. The cabbie will pick you up as well. We visited the church and then went on the shopping tour. You can trade (Cambio) and they will ask "Porque" and you show them what you want to trade with. Nice t-shirts would make good trading tools. It was fun. We always gave regalos (gifts as well) as well. The straw beach bags are the big hit of this shopping trip. For 1 cuc you get a really strong one. Well worth the cash which is why you should give a gift as well. While in Trinidad we visited the Cuban Clinic with the medications and a Seniors Home. We gave out dresses to the ladies and soap, toothpaste to the fellows. They seemed like a happy bunch. Our cabbie, Julio Cesar was excellent taking us to these places. He drope a KIA SUV (red I think). He was delighted to get a tin of salmon in with his tip.
Cave Disco: Do not miss this if you like dancing and don't mind loud music and flashing lights. Albo from the entertainment team arranged the evening at a cost of $5 for transportation and $3 for entry into the disco with one drink. Additional drinks were $2.00. We were used to going to sleep at 10 but were able to withstand leaving at 11 p.m. and returning at 2:00 a.m. as it was so interesting. Highly recommended.

Beauty Salon: None. Don't forget to bring your own nail polish. However, you can get a good massage for $12.00 for a half hour at the resort from George.

Internet: Yes, but slow. When you are signing in you have to capitalize your letters or it won't let you on. I learned the hard way.

Phone: Yes, but expensive. $11.00 and $14.00 for some pretty short calls to Canada. All calls are made from the booths at the front desk near the internet.

Biggest Upper: Salsa dancing and the animation staff and the little crowding.

Biggest Downer: No nail salon (yah, I know, big deal) and no blender drinks.

Oh yes, I had to go to the International Clinic on the Sunday for what I thought was strep throat. I waited 1/2 hour seen the doctor and picked up my medication on the way out. If it were Canada, I sure think it wouldn't have been a 1/2 hour wait (try 5 hour).

Not my favourite place

My husband and I just returned from Brisas Del Mar. This is our fifth trip to Cuba although our first to Trinidad. Although the rooms were adequate, we also had the hot water thing everyone else reported but not a big deal. The food was not so great even by Cuban standards. The Cuban restaurant was quite good but the buffet 1514 got to be a bit much by the third day. I ate a lot of plain pasta and omelettes. I can't say enough how friendly the staff were. Especially the animation guy George. We had a lady in our party who is in a wheelchair and he was so helpful and attentive with her. The spot itself is lovely. The beach was beautiful and convenient. Our biggest thing was that there was no disco. We had to pay 12 pesos each to go to the Hotel Ancon next door to be in their disco. It seemed to cater to a much much older crowd. We are all in our forties. It was an ok place but we will not be going back. It was definitely not a 4 star by any standards.

Great location - hotel needs some improvement

by TripAdvisor Member journeyman29

If you want to stay in this area, this is the best hotel in the area.

It has some problems, as it is starting to show its' age and needs some updating. The rooms were spacious but not totally clean. The doors on the sliding wardrobe in my room would not move in either direction. The safe deposit box was broken, and the connecting door to the room next door was held shut by a shoe lace!

The bathroom was particularly grimy, with very poor water pressure in the shower at all times of the day.

Food in the buffet restaurant was very poor, for all meals. I stayed here for 3 nights, and lived on omelettes for breakfast, and pasta for dinner for the entire time.

On the positive side, all of the staff were very helpful. The beach was very good imemdiately outside both hotels. Outside of this it was quite dirty.

It was 5 pesos for a taxi to Trinidad, an amazing town with great history, music and atmosphere. However, the constant attempts of the locals to sell you all types of merchandise on the street can become tiresome. It was more apparent here in Trinidad than in Varadero, or Havana.

Door of the houseDoor of the house

mango marmelademango marmelade

horse charthorse chart

carcar

How to book Hotels

by paulfromDK

Hi, I´m going to Cuba soon, staying 10 days in a Casa Particular in Havanna, the last 6 days we are going to stay either in Hotel Ancon or Brisas del Mar near Trinidad. I found that the prices for the same Hotel is varying a lot depending on the agency/homepage you are searching. The cheapest offer i could find was on www.dtcuba.com and www.vacacionartravel.com. Is there anyone who knows wether there are other possibilities? Is it possible booking online or by call directly a´t the Hotel? Will it be cheaper just to come and pay there?
Greetings fom DK,
Paul

RE: How to book Hotels

by YVRDave

Book while you are there. The price should be lower

RE: How to book Hotels

by barrylee

There are 3 hotels next door to each other.The Costa Sur a two star the Brisas Trinidad del Mar,a beautiful 4 plus star and the Ancon,3 - 31/2 star.All just 6 minutes away from the third oldest city on the Island. Barry

1st timers

by michellewarn

hi all
my husband and i are hoping to go to cuba in october, we have never been b4 so don"t have any idea wer to stay.we usally go to goa and stay in the south were its not 2 busy. we arn"t into discos and loud bars but we do like a drink, nice beaches can any body suggest a place for us to stay. also what is the weather like at that time and is it safe to walk about on a nite, any info wud be great
thanx michelle

RE: 1st timers

by cubanmarcos

Hello Michelle... My wife and I have stayed at Beaches Varadero for the last three years in a row.. there are no little kids there and very few europeans mostly canadians so the atmosphere is very friendls the mojitos are to die for and the entertainment is quite good as well. We are going back there in november to renew our 10 yr anniversary.

Its safe to walk around but if you are in varadero then there is only a long road up and down the penninsula so kinda of boring but if you goto havana i would use caution walking at nite but in the day its no problem. The weather is warm but not hot perfect for us at that time of the year.
Hope this helps Mark

RE: 1st timers

by barrylee

Michelle,check out the south coast around Cienfugos.The Playa Ancon has just what you need.The Brisas Trinidad del Mar is a beautiful resort.I have stayed here twice and we are going back in Dec.I have also stayed at the Royal Ancon next door and it too is nice,a close second to the Brisas.You also have the third oldest city only 15 minutes away and this is a must see.Trinidad with it's old stone roads and great old buildings and churches etc.It's open street markets of linen and crafts.The old cars will amaze your husband.It is the end of hurricane season.I have NEVER felt unsafe in Cuba.But one should ALWAYS be street smart,even some areas at home.If you choose this area I will be glad to offer any help that I can give. Barry

Anyone stayed at BRISAS HOTEL, TRNINDAD - Cuba honeymoon trip

by kirkmeister

Here is the proposed upmarket plan for our honeymoon
03 NTS AT SANTA ISABEL HOTEL 5* BB HAVANA
03 NTS AT BRISAS TRINIDAD AI 4*
06 NTS VILLA LAS BRUJAS 3* AI

Has anyone stayed at BRISAS?
Is there anywhere you think is better to stay? Why?
Any general advice??