Carretera Pasacaballo Km 18, Cienfuegos, Cuba, Caribbean

Satisfaction Poor

More about Cienfuegos

De Valle palace-Arabian-Turkish style (1913-17)De Valle palace-Arabian-Turkish style (1913-17)

fruitfruit

Casa ElsaCasa Elsa

studentsstudents

Getting there

by flexy

I am travelling to Cuba at Christmas arriving at Varadero airport on 25 December! Does anyone know how much it would cost by taxi to Cienfuegos?

by AnjaV

To much...
A taxi from the airport to Varadero costs allready $25
Cienfuegos is 3 hours driving!

Better take the Viazul bus, website:

by RickL

I took a taxi from Trinidad to Havana (about the same distance) and he turned off the meter and charged us $100 US. We met 2 Americans who shared the taxi with us and we all split the fare. I doubt you will find many fellow travellers wanting to go to Cienfuegos with you though. Try negotiating with the taxi drivers and if you don't like the price...walk away and take the bus!

by Darkwind

Well I think what U should do is catch VIAZUL its a bus line that takes U everywhere around the country and will be cheaper than a taxi
yours
D

by MariaDaysi

I live in Cienfuegos. I know that the price is 20 dollars by bus, and by taxi is 80 dollars
If you need more information, please feel free to ask me.

Travel Tips for Cienfuegos

Finca Campesina

by BarbieGirl

On the way to Cienfuegos we visited the Finca Campesina, to be honest I did not like this place....for me you can avoid it....such a touristic and artificial place...and full of poor animals closed in little old cages with lots of screaming tourists tryin' to get some pics of them......not a great view believe me......so I decided to shoot no pics......just few images of the green all around this place....

Propaganda

by xaver

Coming from L'Havana we were not surprised to see governament propaganda on the walls of the town.
Something that captured our attention was a big painting of Cje Guevara on the wall of a primary school.
The first thing that my travel compaign and I thought has been:we have crucifixes in our kids school rooms, they have Che Guevara on the wall.More pictures of Cuban propaganda are in my travelogues in Cuba page.

Bay of Pigs

by Joseph69

Before we reached Cienfuegos, we went for a nice relaxing swim. The water was beautiful and warm, the sand on the beach had a nice white colour. There was hardly anyone on the beach thus our tour group had it all to ourselves!

On the way there, I managed to take a photo of one of the many political propaganda billboards on the side of the road. I think it means something like "Let's book a decisive battle for the victory". If I'm incorrect, please inform me.

Punta del Medio

by Nanumi

This area of Cienfuegos is located south of the city's centre, towards Punta Gorda. There aren't many tourists there and that's where I stayed in a casa particular, few minutes away from a small beach Laguna del Cura. This beach is clearly not meant for dollar tourists !!!!

Exploring central Cuba

by Luchonda

El Nicho - a must for walkers - paradise on earth - visit the falls - enjoy nature !
El Nicho- nature reserve and of great scientific and ecological value is a must to see when you are in Cienfuegos. (see my travelogue)

Comments