Hotetur Deauville

Galiano 1, Havana, Cuba, Caribbean

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 34% less but rated 19% lower than other 3 star hotels

• oguzdinc's Profile Photo

Basic but clean, nice location, no credit card

We stayed in Deauville during 12-15 February 2008. It was right on the Maleacon, long, oceanside avenue of Havana. It is at the corner of Galliano Avenue, some 15 min. walking distance to Capitolio and Obispo, two major attraction sites.
    Our room was cute and clean, we enjoyed ocean wiev every morning. Reception staff were friendly. Breakfast was not-bad. It was a safe place. It is not too fancy, but worth its price.
    A bad point was that payment with credit card was not possible even if it was stated so on their web site. So, keep that in mind.
    Clean, good price, good location.

Directions: Maleacon

• hojasdehierba's Profile Photo

Keep away

At first, this hotel attracted to me when choosing where to stay in Havana, because it was centrally located in the Malecon, in front of the sea, with beautiful sights. Luckily, in the end I decided to book Sofitel Sevilla. We saw the hotel while walking along the Malecon: it was in a really poor condition. Dirty and old façade, without any charm. A couple of days later, we met a family who were staying there and they told us than rooms were even worse than the outside, being the seaview the only really good point.

Unique Quality: Al principio me atrajo este hotel cuando iba a elegir donde quedarme en La Habana, porque estaba muy bien situado justo en el Malecon, frente al mar, con hermosas vistas. Afortunadamente al final me decidi por el Sofitel Sevilla. Vimos el Deauville cuando paseabamos por el Malecon: estaba en muy mal estado. La fachada estaba sucia y desconchada, sin ningún encanto. Un par de días mas tarde conocimos a una familia que estaba alojada alli y nos contaron que las habitaciones eran incluso peores que el exterior, y que su unico punto realmente positivo era las vistas al mar.

More about Hotetur Deauville

Avoid this one at all Costs

by cochinjew about Hotel Deauville

A DUMP bad service, musty rooms, flaking walls, irregular water service, smelly toilets. befits the hotel categories of eastern europe before the fall of socialism there...Only thing missing is the fat soviet mammas who used to sit at each of the floors of the staid hotels

HAVANA was my fondest memory,...

by Nice_Girl

HAVANA was my fondest memory, I stayed there 5 days.
This is the largest city in the caribbean and the center of all things Cuban. Despite its turbulent history, Havana suffered little damage in the country's wars and revolution. It seems that the evolution of Cuba stops in 1960 ... The city is prospered with glorious spanish colonial architecture, most of them are under restauration (good thing!).
Havana is built around a harbor in western Cuba (170 km of Key West, Florida). Havana has got 3 parts : Old Havana (Habana Vieja), Central Havana and Vedado (the new part). Attractions of Old Havana : plaza de la Catedral, castillo de la Real Fuerza, plaza de Armas with a picturesque flea market of old books, lots of palaces and museums, prado, small streets, casa de la cultura, ........... too much !!!
In Central Havana don't miss the Capitol and its meeting of old cars. Go to the Hotel Inglaterra (nice architecture and great food!).
The Malecon is the boulevard near the sea ... my hotel was located there, very central position (Hotel Deauville).
Inb Vedado, plaza de la Revolucion with the monument of Jose Marti. The Cristobal of Colon is Havana's main cemetery. It's not lively ... but has an outstanding collection of funerary architecture.

hotel Deauvillehotel Deauville

Travel agent in Toronto for casa bookings?

by csmathie

Hi,

I know there is at least one poster who has a contact at a great travel agency specializing in Cuba.

I look to go to Cuba in a few weeks, and I hope to stay at a casa particular in Havana. I don't know any Spanish, so is this a problem? I'm 24 years old male and with a friend and want to enjoy local culture and take day trips. Will a casa particular help me out in all these regards?

If so, please forward me a link to a good knowledgable travel agent who specializes in Cuba, based out of Toronto. I'll go see him very soon and I will mention your name as a reference if you want.

Thanks so much.
- Noah

Youve Got "MAIL"

Call me @ 647 887-0314

Cheers,
Juan Chino

okay here,

Give my friend Ernesto a call and he'd help you out
He owns Travel Sun and they specialize on travels to Cuba. 416 625-1765 or check out his site as well
www.habanasol.com

tell him Juan Chino recommended him.

Cheers and if you have any question in regards to your trip give me a call and Im more than willing to help you out, I go to Cuba at least 4 times a year doing volunteer works and some R & R

Juan Chino

by csmathie

Thanks a lot for your help, Juan. If I have any questions then I'll give you a ring. Greatly appreciate your kindness, and viva VT :)

- Noah

by jstylez1003

No Problem just give my Cuban Friend a call (ERNESTO) he'll hook you up! Ive been using him for years, now were good friends.

Cheers!

by RickL

I have travelled to Cuba for years but still learn some things about Cuba from my travel agent who is very helpful with his Cuba savy. He is in Montreal and I am in Vancouver but it's never been a problem. His name is Bill and his toll-free is: 1-888-345-2219.
Casa particulars can be hit or miss. You need to do some research before your arrival. Otherwise your casa owner or their friends will lead you to where they can get the biggest "propina"!
Contact me if you need more specific information or contacts. Buenas vacaciones!

by mirana

I stayed at this casa particulare in Havana:

Dr. Alejandro Oses
Ave. Malecon No 163 (1st floor)
Entre Aguila y Crespo (frente al mar)
Two blocks east of Hotel Deauville
Centro Habana, Cuba
Tel: (573) 863-7359

The owner spoke English.

by Normalito

Yes they will be more than happy to help you out and you will be sorprise with the kindness of the Cuban people. Some of them speak ver y well Englis specially the ones who own or run a Casa Particular.
If i be going to Cuba I be doining it the same way you are planing to, thats the best way to see more and know more about Cuba.
All the best and enjoy it your trip.

Roberto Puerta.