Lincoln

Virtudes No.164, Esq. a Galiano, Havana, Cuba, Caribbean

More about Havana

Looking down the street toward Havana Club MuseumLooking down the street toward Havana Club Museum

Entrance to MemorialEntrance to Memorial

Back grounds of the hotelBack grounds of the hotel

Street view from the steps of the CapitolStreet view from the steps of the Capitol

How can I buy tickets to club tropicana?

by brooksp

I know it may be very touristy but myself and my partner really want to go, we are travelling around cuba for two wweks, we are spending one day in Havana at the start and a few days at the end. The day we arrive is a special annivaersary for us so I want to get tickets for this date however we do not arrive untill mid afternoon and I fear this will be too late to purchase them and we will miss out.

Is there any websites that sell them?

by xymmot

they have plenty of tickets to the show as it is for the tourist at fifty dollars a pop.Book at any hotel tourism bureau desk . The capacity is 1500 people ad they always make room for one more because that is where they get tourist dollars from. It's a great show with a full band that starts at 930 everyday except Mondays weather permitting. have fun out there

cheers tommy x

by RKyle

Tickets vary in price depending on how close to stage you are, rum included!
Also often after the show they lower the stage and have a dance band play.

by xymmot

drinks are weak, but it is the excitment and attitude of the surrounding that makes it so great. remember no cameras allow. Dance party after the show
Still buy the tickets at your hotel tourism desk

cheers tommy x

by Lurchizo

We just showed up fifteen minutes before the show and bought our tickets at the door. We paid a primo price but our table was first row beside the stage. I don't recall cameras being an issue myself. Tommy, who poured your drinks? They put a quart of rum and one can of coke on our table as soon as we sat down. A little Cuban rum and a cigar and wind me up and watch me go!

Travel Tips for Havana

Havana is a city in transition

by sunnywong

Havana is a city in transition. Construction has begun on new hotels and many more are in the planning stages. Flashy new signs catering to tourists are appearing around town. Prices are going up. Changes are happening faster and faster. If you have ever dreamed of going to Cuba, do it now. Do it before Havana loses its rustic charm. Do it before tourists overrun the historic district. Do it while the old classic cars still outnumber the new ones. The changes taking place in Cuba are inevitable and necessary. Make time to experience Cuba now during this unique moment in its history. You will thank yourself later.

Cine Yara esq. 23 y L

by Havaname

23 y L , La esquina mas popular de la Habana, frente esta la heladeria Coppelia, cine Yara, Hotel Habana Libre, y una tienda de cd's de musica cubana.
De noche punto de reunion de encuentro de gays.

plaza de san francisco which...

by travel_man

plaza de san francisco which houses the fountain of the lions,built in 1863 was moved to different locations but was finaly put back were it was first built. shoping in the open air markets, good deal's in home made souvenirs.And getting a good buy on cuban rum and cigars.

All mad for the greenback

by sourbugger

Since the dollar has been made legal in Cuba in the 1990's most tourists find it difficult to spend anything else.

We tried hard to use pesos where possible as a point of principle, and for small purchases like drinks and transport it is possible.

Since we visited, the situation has become more complicated with the appearance of 'Convertible pesos'. I found the following website a useful and consise summary of the present situation.

www.acrosscuba.com

I also note that a BBC report that virtually all of the 'dollar shops' selling luxury items havd been closed down for an indefinite period in 2004

Clima, Climate

by Havaname

CLIMATE

The island nature of the country and its location below the Tropic of Cancer favours the pleasant nature of its semi tropical moderate climate, where temperatures tend to be high. The average temperature is 25.5 °C (77° F) while coastal water temperature is 25°C. Average annual rainfall is 1.320 mm and over 60 per cent of rain falls during the wet season, from May to November.

Comments