Club Amigo Atlantico Guardalavaca

Playa Guardalavaca, Banes, Cuba, Caribbean

Satisfaction Average

Costs 41% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Great Value

This resort is a great value. The rooms are basic but clean. Grounds are well kept, pools are clean, meals are ample.

For a 3 star resort you can't go wrong.

Unique Quality: 3 buffet restaurants, 4 al a carte restauraurants, numerous snack bars and bars including 1 swim up bar.
    Ample room around the 3 pools (plus children's pool). Beaches all over the place and miles of walkways. Also on site is mini-golf, basketball, darts, tennis, pool tables, ping pong tables plus water sports.

• check room type

Just returned yesterday mar 15 2007. The main hotel is O.K. It deserves 3 * NO MORE. The older section (Guardav..) is the hotel from hell!!!! Do NOT accept a room here at any price! They put us there the first night....mold on the walls, a leaky window, broken bed and a telephone that rings every 10 minutes for no reason.
    The Villas section is GREAT, I would go anytime.

Unique Quality: Main pool is noisy, others are quieter. Beaches are great. Food is edible

• The best place I have ever visited

I had a wonderful stay here and hated to leave. The staff was extremely helpful, food was A-1, excellent amewnities. It is close to where you can get to meet local Cubanos which was the highlight of my trip; enough so that I have implemented some of the things learned back here in the USA! My visit changed my life in a very positive way by seeing the people's joy, love, resilience, patience, love for God, appreciation of what they do have instead of complaining about what they don't have, and their hospitality goes beyond anything I have ever witnessed.

• Cubaobsession's Profile Photo

THE BEST HOTEL IN THE WHOLE WORLD!

I have been 3 times to club amigo, first time july 04, second december 04 and third august 05, everytime i go have a different and amazing time! I love cuba the country and its people are wonderful and very hospitable! The cuban boyz are all very good-looking and many of them tried to talk to me on the beach giving me looks and all! But the best thing about guardalavaca beach is you never have to feel scared that the locals are gona attack you! The locals are all very friendly, everytime that i go me and my mum make friends with the locals giving them clothes and a few peso's! Cuabns are wonderful people! The best thing about cuba is there are no americans to destroy the way of life, the cubans have never heard of mcdonalds, gucci, prada, paris hilton, so what they live better then all americanised country. Cubans are VERY poor, but they are all happy people they rely on each other, friendship and love! I mean name me one airport which ahs live music! Once i wa son the plane going from holguin to Havana and the turbulance was very strong, the crew member got out his guitar and started playing and singing happy cuban songs, whhere else wud u get that in the world? CUBA IS THE BEST!!

Unique Quality: This hotel is fabulous not to everyones taste but to me and my mum its a very good hotel! All three times we stayed at the villa's which are the most updated modern rooms, but the main hotel is also very good! The food has improved since the first time i was there last year, to first time guests it will take some getting used to!The rooms either over look the pools or the gardens or the sea! The day time activities are great and the entertainment staff are FABULOUS especially Carlos and Lolo-2 gorgous men that i both secretly fancy HEHE, the enetetainment at 10 o'clock to 10.55 is not the best but worth watching, the hous-band koko jambo ar every good providing old cuban music and the other house band trabuho latino are more jolly and up beat! Both very good bands!! the 24hr snakc bar is good with burgers, fires, hot dogs, toasties, and others! The good thing bout the hotel is the all inclusive drinks n food that u can have whener u want! This is a fabulous hotel and i will be return to every chance i get! email me for your reviwes at brilliant_-_brunette@hotmail.co.uk

Directions: Guardalavaca, one hour from holguin airport!

More about Club Amigo Atlantico Guardalavaca

Excellent and Friendly place to stay!!

by siwaller about Brisas Guardalavaca

I have stayed here twice now (total of 5 weeks), the staff have always been very friendly and helpful, the hotel itself in very good condition (for the first hotel built in Guadalavaca) and I have no complaints at all about the food. Hotel is slit into two areas, the original 3 story hotel block and the newer Aparment area which is very nicely landscaped all with good access to swimming pools, restaurants and the beach.

Good hotel, good value

by jojocruz about Brisas Guardalavaca

Stayed here in June of 2003.

It was okay. I'm trying to remember but nothing too special about it.

Beach was nice but not as nice as Cayo Coco or Varadero.

Food was okay.

Rooms were good. - Manager's pool party (barbecue lunch) by the pool. There was fresh fruit cocktails served in the natural fruit itself. Roasted pig etc...

Close to HOLGUIN, your best...

by Anita_Porec about Paradisus Rio De Oro

Close to HOLGUIN, your best bets are Playa Esmeralda, Guardalavaca, Playa Pasquero...

All hotels in these areas are all-inclusive and right on the beach. They range from 2 to 5 star, but it is the best if you acctually pick your resort by the beach instead of the rating. Playa Esmeralda is by far the nices beach, although the fastest growing is Playa Pasquero.

Under accommodations I do have some specific spots that I would recommand For more pictures and reviews on these resorts you can visit www.allseasons.org adn click on Reviews....Paradisus Rio De oro

Varadero beach

by YanetT

If you have never been there, you must at least go see the beautiful beaches.

I hear Guardalavaca has beautiful beaches as well as Cayo Coco.

The colour of the Caribbean is amazing.

I would recommend either the...

by Plendil

I would recommend either the Sol Club Rio De Luna or Rio De Mares or the Rio De Oro in Guardalavaca.
I think for one day all inclusive is about $50. You will receive outstanding service and friendly staff. Look what the maid did with my towels, she even left me a nice letter when she realised I had visited once before.

The food is fantastic and plenty of it.

Friendly Hotel, Guardalavaca

by varpuk about LTI Costa Verde

We like very much this hotel. All inclusive was good alternative for us and everything goes fine. Rooms are nice. Pool suitable and the beach wonderful.

Artists'market in GuardalavacaArtists'market in Guardalavaca

guardalavaca beachguardalavaca beach

me on a small boat in Guardalavacame on a small boat in Guardalavaca

Club Amigo, Holguin, Cuba

by loulou70

Is there a difference between the "bungalows" and the "villas"?

My friend and I are going to in March - ANY helpful hints - or things you MUST bring with you would be VERY helpful.

Thank you so much!!!

Laura

Re: Club Amigo, Holguin, Cuba

by Bill&Donna

Villas are located close to the beach area and the 24 hr bar. bungs are about 300 m from beach you have to walk through market or Atlantico to get to beach

Comments