Arroyo Bermejo Beach, Santa Cruz del Norte, 32900, Caribbean

More about SuperClubs Breezes Jibacoa

part of...

by msoegiha

Breezes Jibacoa
part of SuperClubs - 4 stars adults only)
For a week, including airfare from Toronto to Havana, it was $1250 CAD for a week in April, 2001. All inclusive resort right on the beach. The food was very good, the staff very friendly. Scuba diving was also included, and there was a reef not far from the beach, which made for great snorkeling.

Lovely, secluded all-inclusive resort

by bkathryn about Breezes Jibacoa

This was our first experience with an all-inclusive resort. Cuba was probably a good place for that kind of thing and it was great! It had all the amenities - or at least certainly all the ones I could have wanted!

Breezes Jibacoa, LOVED IT!

Hi:My husband and I went to Breezes Jibacoa for our March Break and LOVED it. It was my husband's first trip to an all-inclusive resort and it will not be his last. I was in Mexico once before but enjoyed this trip so much more. As others have stated, the resort is small and intimate, the staff is amazing, the beach great, the snorkeling fun and the food excellent. We had such a good time, we will definately be back at some point in time. We were upgraded to a beach front room, a nice addition to our holiday. We took advantage of some of the activities...volleyball on the beach, a trip to Havana, a scooter tour to Santa Cruz and a hike up the mountian with Eric. Take the time to get to know the staff, they are wonderful. Do not give out treats to people on the street, the Cubans discourage this and I see their point. Take school supplies for the school in Santa Cruz or give them to someone who will get them to people that really need them. Go, ENJOY...the memories of this trip will get me through many stressful days ahead.Cheers.

Nicest Hotel I've ever stayed at!

by Natalllya about Breezes Jibacoa

The hotel is beautiful!
Its actually blocks of 'townhouses'. Each townhouse has 2 hotel suites in it. The suites are pretty spacious, and each one of them has a beautiful view whether it be of the garden, the ocean, the mountains or the pool.

The hotel has amazing food!! I was not once dissapointed with their cuisine. The hotel has a few retaurants, as well as a piano bar, a beach bar, pool side bar and a 24 hour bar. The gym and sport activites are good as well. There are free bicycles available and moped rental. The trip organized by the hotel are fantastic. The hotel is very new and hasn't become popular yet. Therefore, the prices are unbelievably low for such a good hotel. Its an hour drive from Varadero and one hour from Havana, you can experience the countryside of the hotel and these 2 great cities at the same time.

super Clubs Breezes Jibacoa

Went in Sept 2002, no single supplement so each ahd our own room. Pool closed, we knew before we left, hotel made arrangements to use pool at resort next door, which was OK also allowed to obtain drinks and snacks there with room key from Breezes. Beach clean but sand rough as clral reef. Great snorkeling, included in price. Food great! and lots of it. Staff wonderful and very friendly, went out of their way to make sure everyone enjoyed their stay and were encouraged to join in activities. As pool was closed for the whole week we were there the hotel gave us a voucher for two night free for every night the pool was closed so only pay air fare this year. The resort is in the middle of no where and very quiet if you are looking for entertainment. A hurricane came through during our stay and some trips had to be cancelled but the hotel staff were well prepared for the worst and tried to make up for the inconvience but having indoor activities, provided rain ware etc. I am definately going back again.

I'll be back

The Breezes Jibacoa is perfectly located in the county side. It is surrounded by hills and is just an hour from Havana and Veradero. This the ideal relaxing setting. The food, service and facilities were top notch. The Jibacoa offers a variety of activities and services to keep you busy. The food was different each day and the pastry chef never ceased to surprise us with his crafty talent. Marlena at the tour desk was extremely helpful and knowledgable. All in all, this resort was awesome!

Not the best vacation

Not too sure if the hotel was the problem with our vacation? But, my long-distance boyfriend (in Vancouver) and I stayed at Breezes Jibacoa. This was our first vacation away together and we expected to be the vacation of a lifetime.The resort is very isolated and since the weather was aweful for the full 7 days we were there, there were not many indoor or alternative plans for the bad weather.The food was so so, but as it was our first time in Cuba our impression was not something to write home about.However, on a good note the rooms were bright, clean and comfortable, and the pool was beautiful....if only the weather had been good and the company a little nicer.

Great Resort

My wife and I, along with another couple, spent the week of April 6 - 13 at the Superclub Breezes - Jibacoa. The resort was on a par with other 4 & 5 * resorts that we've stayed at in Mexico and the Caribbean. The food, staff and facilities were very good. While there is excellent snorkeling right in front of the resort, the beach is a little rocky and certainly not as nice as the beaches in Varadero. I would recommend taking a ride on one of the resort's Hobie Cats (start booking the first day you get there because it's often too windy) and take the 3 hour scooter tour (at USD$12 it's a great deal).

good holiday

My wife and I have just returned from Breezes Jibacoa Mar. 21 - 28. The resort was excellent. The staff are extremely pleasant and helpful. The food was excellent, especially the desserts. There is lots to do if you wish but you can also lay back and relax if that is what you want. The guests which were mainly Canadian when we were there were also very friendly and made the resort a very warm and welcoming place. The only thing you should be aware of is that if you wish to golf in Varadero you must take a taxi in which cost $80 US ( a bit expensive if you are by yourself or only 2 people to split the cost.) The trip is also an hour in length.

Great Food, Great Staff

My wife, myself and 2 other couples stayed at Jibacoa April 1 - 8, 2003. It was great! The food in the buffet was far better than I expected, and the a la carte retaurants were good as well. I preferred the buffet for the variety and freshness of the fruit. Water was choppy so the snorkelling was poor, but it's hard to blame the resort for that. The drinks were plentiful and cold (try the chocolate monkey at the beach bar).The staff were great, especially Karin and Ozvaldo, the entertainment directors. All in all, a great trip, and I'd go back in a minute.

Breezes, JibacoaBreezes, Jibacoa

Breezes JibacoaBreezes Jibacoa

Beautiful Jibacoa, CubaBeautiful Jibacoa, Cuba

Along the road near JibacoaAlong the road near Jibacoa

by chrisandnicki

Hi

We're just about to book our honeymoon for next summer. We intend to spend a week in Havana and then a week on the beach (it is our honeymoon after all!)

We looked at the Paradisus at Varadero, which looks lovely. However we are on a budget, and if we stayed at Breezes Jibacoa we would make a considerable saving.

If anyone can tell us the pros and cons to the different areas and hotels we'd appreciate it. In fact any advice would be graetfully received (apart from not getting married!)

Cheers

Re: Breezes Jibacoa

by AnjaV

Check out this link for reviews:

For Breezes photos:

Good luck
Anja

Re: Breezes Jibacoa

by Natalllya

Breezes Jibacao is a wonderful resort!
Its 18+ so you won't find a bunch of spring breakers getting loaded everyday. The vacationers there are either couples or single adventureres. The food is amazing! They have 3 restaurants as well as a piano bar, a 24/7 bar in the lobby, pool side bar and a bar (with western food) on the beach. The resort is 4 star but you feel like you are at a 5 star. The staff is friendly and nice. This resort is relatively new and hasn't gained popularity yet so its a really good value for your $$$ and isn't overcrowded. Its in Matanzas which is about an hour from Havana and an hour from Varadero. There are tons of activites and trips you can take ( I loved the jungle jeep tour).
Also, the actual rooms that you are staying at are more like apartments (minus the kitchen that is). There are blocks of townhomes, each townhome has 4 hotel rooms/apartments. Each of them have a seperate stair case/entrance, front veranda and back balcony. All the rooms have amazing views since they are all either ocean view or garden view (with the backdrop of the mountains). I sent my parents there for their 25th wedding anniversary and they loved it. I've also recommended the place to a few friends who also had an awesome time there.

Check my Cuba page for more info.

Jibacoa on the 21st

by jbttrfly

Hi,

I was reading some of the posts and was concerned about the exchange to peso from Canadian. I know that last time I was in Cuba, I used American for the most part. If anyone has been to Cuba lately, would you recommend that I exchange some Canadian to American before I leave, and then take additional Canadian $?

Also, me and my boyfriend are staying at the Cameleon Jibacoa on the 21st, and I was wondering if anyone else is staying there at this time. Or any information on the resort would be appreciated! Thanks!

RE: Jibacoa on the 21st

by carolondon

Hey, don't take american money.
It is no longer welcome in Cuba and has a heavy tax put on it when converted into Cuban money.

RE: RE: Jibacoa on the 21st

by Halin

Canadian is best. Plus you don't need much, everything is cheap and you are at a AI. Use your visa for day trips and enjoy.

Local transport Jibacoa- Havana, Jibacoa- Varadero

by Banater

Hi! Me and my wife want to booking 2 weeks in hotel Breezes Jibacoa in june 2010.
We want to visit Havana or Varadero in 1-day trip, for many times in our holiday( inclusive for shopping& nightlife). It’s possible for us to take local buses( example VIAZUL, ASTRO) near from hotel Breezes Jibacoa? The bus-station is not to far from hotel, for walking?
Maybe we come back tired from Havana or Varadero, late-in-night, and will be very unpleasant for us to make another walking( 1-2 km). How far the hotel bus stop when we come from Havana( or Varadero)?
Thank you in advance for your replay!
Best regards!