Acuazul Hotel

1st Avenue, e/ 13 and 14 Street,, , Cuba, Caribbean

More about Acuazul Hotel

Inside the caveInside the cave

Our Tour Guide explaing Taro RootOur Tour Guide explaing Taro Root

Alex & AmyAlex & Amy

Guestroom BuildingsGuestroom Buildings

hotel...hotel....help me pick one please

by king04

can you guys help or update me on those hotel that i have to choose from...

club punterana
hotel internnational
acuazul
sunbeach

in terms of food/how clean they are/and the distance to the action or the night life.

by Halin

They are not some of the better ones. Try Arean Blancas, close to town on the beach, should be about the same price, Or the Palma Real, right in town, across the street from the beach. Hope that helps.

RE: RE: hotel...hotel....help me pick one please

by Halin

I might be wrong, but I did not think that the governement had any legal casa in Varadero.? Maybe in the towns outside but not in the heart of the city or anywhere along the zone. !

by Billjx

I can't tell you much, only stayed in the Aquzul one night before heading out to Havana. It was a clean, fairly basic suite (no kitchen facilities) and a good buffet breakfast was included in the room price which I didn't know until I asked where to pay for it! There were motion detectors in the bedroom and living room, which doesn't make sense to me and was a little off-putting.

I'm in Cuba now, but don't know anything about any resorts.

Billjx

by Solomino

My husband and I stayed at the Internacional Hotel last year and loved it. We were looking for rest and relaxation and we found it there. The hotel is right on the beach (literally). Don't expect much from the food here or any hotel in Varadero.
We are planning another trip in a couple of months and after researching all the hotels closest to the beach, for the price we are going back to the Internacional.

Hope this helps with your decision.

Travel Tips for Varadero

Oh, to be back in paradise.

by mitchk

Favorite Thing: A trip to Cuba would be incomplete without a visit to Havana. A bus trip from Varadero to Havana takes you through a varied countryside where you will travel along the coastline, inland through and across stunning valleys with many picturesque vistas. Most notable on the journey to Havana is the city of Matanzas. It is a port city that is also a centre for rum making. It is also the home of one of Cuba's baseball teams (their national pastime) with a baseball stadium to rival many at home. Havana is diversly beautiful city. From its' historic old city to the newer residential and government buildings; from the postcard perfect areas to the timeworn and decayed; Havana is a beautiful city, filled with Old World charm. The people, especially the school children, are warm and friendly. You will be greated everywhere by smiles and polite handshakes from those that you choose to interact with whether they be merchants, crafters or everyday people on the street.

Fondest Memory: Walking hand in hand through our resort at dusk with the warm breeze nudging the palm trees and moss overhead. The muted sound of piano music (from one of the bars) mixing with the hushed sound of the surf on the beach and the whisper of the breeze overhead

Sunset

by aramat

If you are lucky, you can see amazing sunsets on Varadero beach, because it faces west and the sea reflects the light beautifully. This sunset was the best and I was happy to find these leaves to create a contrast.

Tipping in Cuba

by cochinjew

Obviously you are going to tip people who have provided you some form of service and i strongly recommend tipping them in CUC..there are no restrictions on who can posess what currency since the economy of cuba is partially done in CUC.. for example there are items for every day use such as cooking oil which are available only with CUC.. also many of the items which were in dire shortage about 15 years ago such as soap, shampoo etc are available in cuba and much cheaper.
You give gifts to people you meet socially, and if you are coming as a tourist, your chance of meeting people socially is very limited since most of the interactions would be people who are there to provide services for the tourist.
If you have friends or associates or people who are at the same social level as you are, you can bring them gifts: DVDs to write on, flash drives, music cd s or movies dvds etc. women appreciate good quality perfume and clothes and costume jewelry. but for a tourist to cuba, tip them as you wish, in CUC and believe it or not, it would be MUCH MUCH appreciated..

PACKING FOR CUBA

by LoriPori

Since Varadero has a tropical climate, pack light clothes like T-shirts, shorts, bathing suit, extra beach towels, sun hat, sun glasses.
It is recommended that you do not place valuables in your luggage, due to possible theft. Keep valuables in your hand luggage. I brought beach shoes as the bottom of the sea may be rocky. I also brought sandals and a good pair of walking shoes. The evenings are cool, so I brought a zippered hoodie and a light sweater. Suntan lotion, preferably 45+ sun protection. A little medical kit consisting of bandages and antibiotic cream. Also bring some kind of bug repellant as there were little black (no see-ums) bugs that bit and itched for days. I had at least a dozen bites.
Shampoo and soap bar were provided in our hotel room. Believe it or not, there were not any wash-cloths in our hotel room, so you might want to bring some with you.
Be sure to put liquids in your checked baggage as they still do not allow liquids in your carry-on, even water bottles. For a list of prohibited items, check with your travel agent.
Prescription medication should be kept in the original container and packed in carry-on luggage. I put mine in a see-through zip-lock bag. As it is a resort vacation, camera supplies are very expensive. I brought four sets of rechargeable batteries plus my wall charger. I brought along some paper back books and some magazines, to read at the pool or on the beach. I saw many with kindle books, which is kinda cool and very trendy.

Bring Cash

by lxine

Bring cash instead of relying on credit cards, debit cards or traveller's cheques. Even in tourist areas, it's extremely rare that merchants accept credit cards. Those who do (like your hotel) will charge an extra percentage for the privilege. And forget ATM's: they simply don't exist. Most shops literally work with pens and calculators.

You must exchange your local currency to Convertible Pesos (CUC) once you arrive in Cuba. US dollars are no longer accepted and incur a surcharge when exchanging. Wait to change your money at the hotel to get a better rate than at the airport.

There are three banks in Varadero, I believe, which have the best exchange rates. However, they are quite far from the hotel area and the waits can be long. You will need your credit card and passport if you wish to draw money. I do suggest trying to avoid the bank by bringing all the cash you need!

Comments