Carretera de las Americas, Km 3, Varadero, 42200, Caribbean

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Simply Wonderful

We stayed here last year at Christmas, and our only regret was that we could not stay for New Year's as well.

The staff was wonderful, and many went out of their way to help my fiance, who is blind.

The rooms are nice, clean.

As for the food, let me say only that I gained four pounds.

Drinks were included in the all-inclusive package. Do try the mojita, and have an Irish coffee after breakfast in the lobby bar.

Unique Quality: whirlpools - three in all

tour desk - highly recommend the day trip to Havana, a good eye-opener

There are little yellow birds in the dining area, something like our finches. They only pick up crumbs from the floor and do not bother anyone when eating. It is refreshing to have some wildlife around.

Remember - lizards are your friends. (They eat disgusting insects.)

• luvthesun's Profile Photo

your home away from home

The resort was beautiful, there are hidden pathways and gardens throughout the grounds. There are 2 jacuzzis, which are warm, the one jacuzzi is by the pool the other jacuzzi is hidden with a bar.
    The rooms are very Caribbean, they may need a fresh coat of paint, but they are unique and really give the feeling of being in the Caribbean, not some basic hotel. The food was good, not bland at all. The service was great and the the workers, all of them became a part of our family during the week.
    I would recommend this resort to anyone. You can't find a better resort for the price.

Unique Quality: The staff are super. They treat you like family and when your vacation is over, you feel truly saddened to leave.
    I love the rooms, we had 3 rooms in our suite. The bedroom had french doors opening up onto a big balcony, the sitting room had french doors opening up to the balcony and the coffee room had french doors opening to the gardens.
    The waves were awesome and the beach was beautiful. ANd you can't beat the all inclusive golf package!!!!

Directions: Varadero strip

More about Breezes Varadero

Just arrival from SuperClub Breezes Varadero

Just arrival from Varadero Cuba, the SuperClub Breezes Varadero is a nice hotel, nice meals at the buffet, very nice at the 3 restaurants, pool is clean, water sports are very funny and the staff too. The show at night are very dull and very bad, made by amateurs. The playa was beautiful, white sand, lots of chairs and palapas. The staff at the bars (5) not smiley at all. The disco was dull and don't play any cuban or salsa music, but it was a nice trip.

SuperClubs Breezes Varadero

by Calor

I stayed at this hotel for my anniversary in September 2000.

This is a 4.5 star Adults only hotel

Building - beautiful, low rise apartments, well maintained, clean, well kept, hotel is not too big everything within walking distance.

Grounds - beautiful, well maintained, lush vegetation, flowers

Pool - clean, big, well maintained.

Beaches - clear, calm and great for snorkelling!

Food and water - excellent, no ailments.

Entertainment - great nightly entertainment, the first night at the dinner, the entertainment group were perfoming and at the end of the show, picked up guest to form a conga line to another part of the hotel outdoors for dancing and fun!

Service - excellent service by all the staff, no complaints.

In a nutshell this was the best vacation my husband and I have ever had. We will return in a heartbeat!

Good Hotel if you're not a scuba diver

I stayed at the Breezes Varadero from December 8th to December 22nd 2003. I chose this hotel for my vacation after reading the many reviews on this and other websites. Overall, I would have to agree with other reviewers that this is a nice hotel. The rooms are clean and comfortable (except that the beds are too hard but that is the same with any other hotels that I have stayed at in the past). I stayed in a Junior Suite. Many other reviewers have complained about the noise from the disco. I found that it was a bit noisy the first night but the noise was coming from the hotel next door. The second night, I changed rooms to the other side of the building and found it to be much quieter. The grounds are beautifully maintained and the beach is gorgeous. The food in the main buffet is up and down. Some meals are really good, others are not so good but usually you can still find something on the salad bar and the dessert tray to fill you up. As for the birds, they were mainly present at breakfast and were not a problem as long as you did not leave your food unattended at the table (ie always leave your partner at the table to watch your plate when you get up to refill your coffee). As for the a la carte restaurants, I do not recommend the lobster in the Cuban restaurant as it was very crunchy (It was some sort of stew with lobster and other types of seafood complete with bits of the lobster shell). I did not try the Italian restaurant so I cannot say if it was any better. For lunch, the beach grill was pretty good although there were sometimes long lineups.My only real complaint with the hotel, was with the Dive shop. They were not very friendly or very helpful. During my 2 week stay at this resort, I was only able to do 2 dives. At first, I thought that it was because of the weather. Most mornings when I arrived at the dive shop, I was told Sorry, the weather is no good for diving today . I know that the weather is not the fault of the dive shop. However, when I spoke with other people that were diving with other dive shops during the same period, I found out that the other dive shops still had dives going out to alternate locations where the weather was not too bad for diving. Also, there was one day during my stay where people had to wait over 3 hours for the dive boat and the dive shop just kept saying it will be here in 15 mins . Finally, one of the divers asked the dive shop and was told no boat . Also, frusterating was that on one day when the weather was ideal for diving I was told that I could not go because I had not signed up 1 day in advance. However, later in my stay, other people were able to sign up 5 mins before the dive was supposed to leave and were able to join the dive.

A great time!

A group of 4 of us (3 girls, 1 lucky guy) went to Breezes Varadero the week of Dec.28-Jan.5:

We had a red eye flight down from Vancouver and got in early in the morning. Our rooms weren't going to be ready until 2pm so, expecting this, we had packed a change of clothes. We changed, had a drink or two at the lobby bar and went to the buffet to eat. The food was okay - a little bland but better than the airplane food. We went down to the beach and got our first taste of Cuba! Sun and sand! Excellent beach!
We got some more drinks from the bar closest to the beach (a reaccuring pattern during the week) and hung out for a bit and then went up to the pool. The pool was never as busy as the beach though.

The rooms were very big and spacious. We had two rooms in H block, which was close to the pool/buffet. The beach was a short walk away.
The rooms were kept very clean during the entire week and we tipped the maid a few US$$ everyday. The more we tipped it seemed the bigger and better the swan display on our bed would get. Beware of the in-room safes though. We discovered that in both rooms, we could jimmy it open, just by wiggling the latch.

The food at the resort went from fair (buffet) to great (beach grill).
The buffet could've been better but worked well for a quick bite in the morning, en route to the beach or a tour. They had two restaurants which were good - Cuban, which had great atmosphere and Italian, which had great food and staff. The beach grill was the best for hamburgers/hot dogs for lunch and from 7-10pm, they had a 'surf & turf' grill. Not too many people knew about this and we discovered it halfway through our stay. Great food! Choice of steak & prawns, chicken, fish, grilled there and served to you. Perfect for hanging out with your new friends and drinking many bottles of wine!

Nightlife: the disco was alright. Not very busy though. The lobby/piano bar was good. They have a piano player and karaoke. This bar was open 24hours and was the best place to get the 'good' liquor. Part of our group went to a club called the Cave and they thought it was really good.

Tours: The Jeep Safari was a great time - just be sure that you take the all-inclusive tour. Friends we met took the same tour on the same day and all they did was drive around whereas we went to a cave to snorkle in, a coral beach and another cave tour. We all ended up at the same ranch, where our group could eat and drink all we wanted and the other group couldn't.

Havana tour is a must - very interesting old city. The Tropicana show was neat - a little over-rated in my opinion but the other two girls in our group loved it. Great costumes and dancing.

Golf - we took advantage of the free golf passes that you could get through the resort. Very nice golf course however equipment rental was pricy. Note: bring lots of balls! And bring a camera! The view from some of the greens is incredible!

All in all, it was a great vacation. With the exception of the two days we took to do tours and such, it was five days of lying on the beach with a book in hand and a constant source of fruity icy drinks.

Cuba Jibaco

by glocavida about Breezes Costa Verde Superclub

Right in the town of Jibaco, a beautiful resort, right on a private beach. Between Havana and the main Varedaro strip of Hotels, Jibaco is more secluded, but have wonderful buffets, and great bars, where everything is of course inclusive.

Don't miss the Rambo tour

Breezes Varadero is a fab resort. 4-star not exactly, but very suitable for couples. Upon arrival at the hotel, my partner and I were told to wait a few hours for the room, which I requested with as close to an ocean or garden view without paying $150 extra. We got a lovely junior suite (really big) very close to the beach with a great view of the lush green grounds. Our porter also slipped us around 8 vouchers for the a la carte restaurants which certainly helped! I found the resort well-equipped, even with daily functional Internet facilities Not bad for Cuba. The drinks at the bars are in decent measures, although the cups are too small. They tend to give you glasses at the smaller bars beside the beach and lobby. Asking in Spanish also helps. Some people complained about the staff being a little distant...but who could blame them on their pittance wages! I found the buffet food surprisingly good and the little birds a lovely touch and not that annoying, but don't leave your food unnattended. If you are a picky eater like me, avoid the salads, fresh fruit and breads. I loved the omelettes and milkshakes for breakfast and the pastas, freshly cooked steaks and deserts at lunch were also great. The dinner service was generally excellent but I suspected a little food recycling going on, even in the a la carte restaurants at times - the Italian wasn't really that great, but I think the a la carte dishes are hit and miss.

The hotel's biggest boast is the beach, it's a long soft stretch of sand white as snow while the water is lukewarm and crystal clear.
Funnily enough we holidayed during the so-called rainy season (mid to end Oct) but we only had a few showers in between the glorious sunshine: at the start the undercurrent was a little strong (so we had no water sports till end of holiday).

Apart from our day excursions we spent most of our resort days getting up around 7.30 taking a morning dip and leisurely breakfast (in my case a daily fry up!) and relaxing with our books in the glorious sunshine.
I Although the beach was gorgeous, we wanted to get out and see the real Cuba so we booked a wildlife and natural beauty tour (the Rambo tour) to Trinidad in the Southern province, as well as a trip to Havana, which proved invaluable. On the Rambo tour we visited three cities (including Trinidad) in the Southern province of the country and got to see how people live in abject poverty in the shantytowns. We also stayed in the mountains, visited a coffee plantation, and treked through a rainforest en route to a waterfall. It was totally spectacular. Excursion wise Havana is also a sweltering must - we visited the Club Tropicana which is a camp, Vegas-style show, absolutely hilarious!!

By the end of our holiday were were totally rejuvenated and happy but our adventure was far from over. While hugging the North American coastline all the lights went out and our captain told us the plane had overpowered and that he wasn't happy about a smell of smoke from a broken fusebox.

Twenty minutes later we landed in Newfoundland, Canada and were put up in hotels for the night. Our plane to Gatwick was delayed by several hours the next day so we had nothing to do. Someone produced a local paper (our story made the front cover of the Newfoundland Telegram) and a bunch of firefighters showed up at the hotel and drove us all around a lovely harbour and bay in the height of the colourful Canadian Autumn.It was great to visit Canada briefly as we'd met so many wonderful Canadians in Cuba. Eventually we made it home and since then have been fairly disoriented!

I really loved the holiday and cannot stop thinking about it! Just don't fly with Monarch!

Nice Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member tuss

I stayed at Superclubs Breezes Varadero Dec6-13 2003. I am a 28 year old woman, travelling alone. This was my third trip to Cuba, and my second to Varadero. Overall i had a good time, despite the fact that the weather wasn't great.

Check-in: Ckeck in was easy and quick. I arrived at 11pm and was in my room 15 minutes later.

Room: My room was in the building with the disco. Although i didn't pay for an ocean view, i had a beautiful view of the beach from my second floor room. I also looked out onto the Tuxpan and Bella Costa hotels.
The room was clean and well equiped. There was a hairdryer in the bathroom, TV with about 30 channels, iron and ironing board, safe, CD player and coffee maker (with coffee replenished daily). I also had a large private balcony. Although my room was in the building with the disco, the disco was well insulated for sound and i never heard the music at night. However, the outdoor shows from the hotel next door in the evening were very loud.

Grounds - the grounds of the hotel were expansive, but well maintained.
The gardens were beautiful and well manicured. The lighting at night was a little sparse, but i always felt safe.

Food: The buffet was typical of all cuban all inclusives. The selection was good, and there were different entrys each evening. Not to miss is the seafood night with and endless supply of lobster, cream fo lobster soup, mussels and other delicious seafood. Breakfast was always good with the most delicious fresh squeezed orange juice and great cappucinos. The omelette bar was terrific and lots of fresh fruit. For lunch, i usually ate at the beach grill which served delicious hambergers, hotdogs, salads, rice, and chicken. The grill was close to the beach and i would take my food to the beach to eat in the sun. The buffet at lunch was limited, however they always had delicious icecream at lunch for which i would make a special trip each afternoon.

There were 3 a la carte restaurants for which you had to make special reservations at the front desk. I quickly discovered that there were no reservations available for the entire week. Aparently it was filled by people staying 2 weeks or by people who had travel agents that made the reservations for them ahead of time. The second to last day i discovered that despite being told that there were no reservations available, there were always empty tables and if you just gave a few dollars to the hostess you could easily get a table. I ate one night at Martino's (italian restaurant), and it was fantastic. Definitely worth the few dollars; the food and service was excellent even by North American standards, and the best i've had in Cuba. I didn't try the other 2 a la cartes.

Bars: There were several bars at the hotel. The beach bar (not actually on the beach, a few minutes walk), pool bar (poolside and close to the buffet), lobby/piano bar (great late at night - see below), and bars outside each of the a la carte restaurants. The drinks were good quality and contained lots of rum (not watered down). They also had many premier liquors that you could have if requested. They made all the standard drinks (mojitos, rum punch, Ron Collins, cuba libra, etc).
Also not to be missed was the spanish coffee - delicious after dinner.
The pool bar was a popular place before and after dinner and after the show. Later in the evening the excitement went to the piano bar. At the piano bar they had a pianist 3 nights/week who would play songs from a list. They have books so you can sing along. It's a bit campy, but after a few drinks everyone was singing along to favorites like "copacabana" and "piano man"

Beach -- Varadero beach is beautiful and Breezes is on one of the nicest parts of the beach. Unfortunately the beach was closed for half the week because of rough water. One guy at the hotel broke his let when he fell in the water because of the waves. The days the beach was open the water was beautiful and calm. The beach is cleaned daily and well maintained. There was never a shortage of beach chairs. Always a lifeguard on duty. There are very few vendors and they do not harass you like they do in other countries. There was also a volleyball net on the beach and balls could be signed out from the towel hut by the beach bar.

Pool - there is only 1 pool, although it is very large. The water in the pool was freezing cold (even by canadian standards). I was only in the pool once the entire week. They gave us wet suits for the scuba lessons in the pool because it was so cold!

Other facilities - there was a gym that was large and well maintained with lots of free weights and some old weight machines. Juan Carlos was the guy in charge of the gym and was available 2 hours a day, alhtough i think the gym was open 24hrs. There was aerobics every day at 6pm.
There was also a massage therapist ($25/hr), sauna, showers in the gym.
There were 2 tennis courts, and aparently they offered free group lessons, although i never saw the instructors. There was a small basketball court, and 2 volleyball courts (one on the beach, and one behind the buffet), a games room (2 pool tables, ping pong, tv, video games)

Activities - There was an activities team, and althoguh they were very nice (i got to know a few of them very well), they did not work very hard organizing activities. There was volleyball daily at 10:30 which was fun, bingo at 3:30 and dance lessons at 4pm at the poolside. In between there wasn't a whole lot. There were a few cheesy games, but they didn't try very hard to get people involved and didn't put much effort into it.

Shows - The shows took place on a stage in the buffet. It wasn't a good venue, as only a few tables got a good view of the stage, and there was a lot of noise from people eating that distracted from the shows. The shows were similar to what i had seen at other hotels in Cuba. There was some annoying singers that kept reappearing at every show, some good dancing and a few funny skits that involved audience participation.

Disco - Big disappointment! The disco was always empty. The music was bad. Part of the reason for this may be that the entertainment staff from the hotel is not allowed to go to the disco, and so they encourage guests to go to other clubs in varadero (the cave, la rumba, mambo club, the continental ...) instead. Although these bars were a lot of fun, they cost $10-15/night (drinks included), plus transportation. It would have been nice to have enjoyed the disco on the hotel instead.

Other comments:

The fact that the hotel was adults only was very nice. I like children, but i've been at hotels before that are overrun with preadolescents that drive you crazy.

On travelling alone: this was my second trip to an all inclusive on my own. I found lots of other people travelling alone(maybe because there was no single supplement at this hotel), and i never felt alone.

Overall this hotel is very well maintained with great facilities and above average food (for cuba). It would be better if there were more activities, a bar closer to the beach, a better stage for the shows, a more happening disco, and more interested entertainment staff. I'd definitely go back to this hotel again!

Loved Varadero

by TravelerJo

"Can''t wait to go back"

Stayed at Superclub Breezes Varadero. Loved this resort. Food was okay. Staff was wonderful, beach is truly amazing. Am planning a trip back in April in 2009 and going to a different resort just to check out something different. Went on the catamaran excursion (85 cuc) and had an amazing day on the water and on Cayo Blanco. Took bus to Varadero and went to the market and walked around a bit. I wonder how a couple of Canadian's could arrange to live in Cuba for a few months a year???

Accommodations at Breezes VaraderoAccommodations at Breezes Varadero

by Debb66

We are booked to go there in April..........anyone been there ??
What did you think and any advice ??

by xymmot

They love our money, but past on the Americans....
I took the Insights Guide book with me and it was great.
cheers Tommy x

by xymmot

Bring money with you if your an Americans...no banks or ATM use for us,

by yvr

you might want to look at recent reviews of this property by past guests at www.tripadvior.com

Comments