Club Kawama

Linse's Profile Photo

Hotel Kawama

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 30, 2007

It´s a fine hotel with a lot of activities, the staff are friendly and they really try to make your stay as good as possible. It´s a really big hotel and we got a map when we arrived so we could find our way around. There are a lot of different rooms and it´s nice standard rooms with all you need. You can´t be closer to the beach when you stay at hotel Kawama. It´s an all inclusive hotel and there are 1 buffet restaurant where you can eat and 2 times per week you are there you can make a reservation at 3 other restaurants: Italian, international and Cuban. We tried the Italian and the Cuban restaurant but theres not much to choose from in the menu so we desided that there was more for us on the buffet restaurant and desided to eat there the 2. week we were there.

surprise

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 6, 2007

Since this was my first trip I have nothing else to compare to. So this is based on my stay.I have read how bad the food is overall in cuba,well it wasn`t that bad there tended to be alot of chicken at dinner , flavor was fine, I`m not a fussy person, so food would have to be pretty bad.I always liked having omlets for breakfast.The rooms are spaced out in small buildings around the complex, which I didn`t mind as we would walk along the beach at night back to the room.The staff was fine the bartenders were good. One lady at the front desk was like a sargent. for the bar bring a large glass, or mug as the plastic glasses hold 5 ounces.
The room was clean ,one problem we had was the shower head came out of the wall ,but it was repaired the next day.
Would I go back and stay there yes I would.
after talking to different people you get different opions, one couple after 6 stays at different hotels said that the food may be a little better at some hotels but over all they found that it didn`t make much difference. Some places may be better for kids , other places may be more party like.

Nearby Club Kawama

• Wheelchair Accessible
  • Fitness Center
  • Business Services

Varadero Travel Forum

Need advice about Varadero, Cuba? Visit the Travel Forum for Varadero and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Varadero hotel reviews