Hotel Arenas Doradas

3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Playa de los Tainos, , Cuba, Caribbean

Satisfaction Average

• Arenas Doradas

The hotel is low rise ground + one small villa.
    They look good, our room was on the ground floor 3 mins to the swimming pool and 5 mins to the beach.
    the swimming pool is big and clean however in the afternoon will be so crowded with kids on one hand and the water games on the other hand.
    The beach was so beautiful and a lot of chairs.
    Some non motorized water sports were included on our package like kayaking , banana boat and the padelling boat.
    They clean the rooms daily but we booked the hotel under the impression that it's 4 stars but for the quality of service it's hardly 3 stars.
    The workers of the hotel are very freindly and helpful. I liked my stay there but I will not go back to the that hotel

More about Hotel Arenas Doradas

Great 4 stars hotel

by AnaMargarida about Arenas Doradas

It was my first time in Cuba, i liked so much this hotel with very friendly staff. Beach.... what can I say absolutely perfect! Always found a sunbed no problem even in the shade.

Best hotel in Varadero

by PelLihi about Arenas Dorados

The Arenas Doradas is a beautiful hotel with very good food. The drinks are excellent and the service is fantastic. The event coordinators are nice, they are friendly and full of fun and energy. The beach is beautiful, the pool area is fine and Cuba in general just rocks!!!! I'm definitily going to go back! Close to the beach, Pool-Bar, Nice rooms with air condition;

Arenas Doradas, see you soon!

by TripAdvisor Member lily671

I was in Arenas Doradas oct. 4-11/2003. AWESOME! That's my comment in one word! People, "playa", food, POOL, MUSIC (especially El Patio music), trip to Havana (for free)...and that beautiful, international, friendly, relaxing atmosphere...I want to go baaaackkk! VIVA CUBA!

Best Hotel ever!!!

The Arenas Doradas was a beautiful hotel with very good food. The drinks were excellent and the service was fantastic. The events coordinators are amazing they are friendly and full of fun and energy. The local discos are a must! The beach is beautiful the guys are beutiful and Cuba in general just rocks!!!! I am definitily going to go back!

Average Resort, Horrible Food.

I have just arrived home from my stay in Arenas Doradas, we left on the 13th of Dec 2003 and arrived yesterday the 21st of Dec 2003. I found the resort was clean, and well kept. Activities were well planned and frequent. The 24hr bar and 24hr food was a bonus. They also had nightly outings to the local clubs with guides from the resort tagging along.
They also made sure that everyone came back...which I thought was great for security reasons. The food was disgusting, and barely edible. I am only 24 years of age and very open minded when it comes to food and also laid back, but I rarely ate at the resort as it was filth. I resorted to vegetables and fruits. The Pool Grill was the only place that offered decent food. Needless to say I lost 10 pounds. Also there is no gym there as well. The drinks are very good and bartenders are fairly friendly. There is internet access there as well. I would not return to Arenas Doradas until they revamp their food services, other than that I would definately go. BTW Vegetarians don't even consider this one.

One of the best holidays ever

by TripAdvisor Member TABBYTWO

After spending a week at this great resort, I am beginning to wonder if the people who wrote bad reviews were staying at the same place!! The accommodation, grounds and facilities were wonderful, beautifully kept and clean - I had a great room all blue with flowered upholstery. Great choice of restaurants and the food, while not as great as other countries (they have an embargo remember) was amazing considering this. The choice was great and beautifully cooked and presented. If you want to have lots of fun and meet great people from all over the world, spend time at the swim-up bar at the pool. The staff were the biggest asset - friendly, kind, very attentive and glad to get a dollar (US) tip - no-one earns more than $20 a month! - that includes doctors and professors. Most of the entertainment staff and all of the tour guides have degrees and are well educated and knowledgeable about their country. Go to Havanna - its a must - very romantic and rich in culture and history. Have dinner at Xanadu, the Dupont Mansion if you want to have amazing food in a grand ambience. I will definitely go back to Arenas Doradas.

Perfect Vacation

Hi Guys,

Me and a buddy have stayed at the Arenas Doradas from Mon 29th Sep - 11th Oct 2003! The weekend before our arrival there was a reported "world under" storm with heavy rain, but we had only 3 very short rains on two consecutive days! A Tip: look, what the local "bike-shop" do...
If they pack their stuff, get yourself a drink at La Galeon or have a meal at the pool Grill :-)

Besides this little rain, one could spend every day at a very very nice beach! Very relaxing and the Animacion was not that disturbing when trying to recruit for their events!

Food was nice, what one misses after several days is the good german beer (if you are into beer) and good german bread! The drinks are OK when you take in account, most travellers book "all inclusive" and the menu has a lot of challenges of local specialties :-)

What was really nice in the main restaurant, was the cooks preparing fresh pasta very often and the grilling of meat at your request!

One thing! Dont miss the freshly pressed Naranja (Orange juice) from green oranges! Quit a show!

The whole complex shows its age, but what does one expect in such a climatic zone like the caribbean!

Summary: If you take the weather, food and price (mostly flight) in account, this was a perfect holiday after several month of hard work with a lot of overtime! You will be relaxed after that... For Sure!

Sven

Good hotel.....

I stayed at the Arenas Dorados from 24 Dec until 8th Jan. I thought the hotel was fantastic, very pretty, beautiful setting. There were minor problems, the staff in the patio bar didnt stop talking and i found it hard to get a drink. The Italians there were like the English were 15 years ago, drink too much.. very raucous.. and acting like children...
This was a big problem, because if you wanted this, i could have gone to Tenerife or the like... Whilst people tend to state problems, the good points definitely outweighed the bad, and i would definitely recommend the place.

Getting onto the food, as there is a trade embargo they simply cant get some of the food. So taking this into consideration i thought the food was good. People who go to Cuba are warned of this before they go, so you shouldnt epxect "a la carte".

So all in all i had a fantastic time and fully enjoyed the 2 weeks i spent there.

Cuba was great..... Go there.....

Wouldn't go back

This is definately NOT a luxury 5 star vacation as some of the other reviews would suggest. They're obviously written by people who lower their expectations when travelling in Cuba because its an embargoed third-world country. The food ranges from average to bad to unidentifiable at both the buffet and the restaurants. The drinks are only OK (stick with the beer). The facilities are clean but look like what they are--nice for a third-world country. Basically, the beach, the sun and the ocean are the only reasons to go here. People expecting a "luxury" vacation will be VERY dissapointed.

Hotel Arenas DoradasHotel Arenas Doradas

Arenas Doradas-couple of questions

by beachbound05

Hi. New in here, trying out this forum for the first time. I'm heading to Arenas Doradas Feb 11 th for a week. If anyone has been there.........

1/ is the hydro 110V or 220V?
2/ if not 110V are converters provided?
3/ the cost of a room safe?
4/ are there hair dryers in ALL of the rooms?

Thanks for your replies in advance.......

Re: Arenas Doradas-couple of questions

by juli40

HI THERE I WENT TO ARENAS DORADAS FROM DEC. 27TH TO JANUARY 3RD. THE HOTEL IS GREAT WE HAD VERY NICE WEATHER 28 TO 34 EVERYDAY IT WAS SUNNY. IN EVERY ROOMS YOU HAVE A HAIR DRYER, THE HYDRO IS 220V . FOR THE ROOM SAFE I DIDN'T TAKE ONE EVERYTIME I WOULD LEAVE I WOULD LOCK MY LOGAGGE AND THE MAIDS ARE VERY NICE I WOULD PUT GIFTS ON MY PILLOWS EVERYDAY AND THE MAID WOULD WATCH THE ROOMS. I THINK THE COST IS ABOUT 10 PESOS. I'M NOT SURE. THE HOTEL IS WELL PLACED ABOUT 2 MINUTES FROM THE DOLPHINS AND 5 MINUTES TO VARADERO A BUS COMES EVERY 1/2 HOURS TO PICK YOU UP YOU CAN COME BACK WITH A BUS OR IF YOU WANT TO WE CAME BACK ONCE WITH HORSES IT COST 20 PESOS BUT WE WERE 4. ANYWAY ITS A REALLY NICE HOTEL AND EVERYBODY IS FRIENDLY HOPE YOU HAVE GOOD WEATHER AND HAVE FUN IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO ASK THEM. BYE

Re: Re: Arenas Doradas-couple of questions

by cracou111

hello
I'm heading this saturday to Arena Doradas.
My question are :

1. what kind of gift are you giving the room maids?
2. What about the tip to the personel of the hotel?

Thanks for any answer

Fabien

Re: Re: Arenas Doradas-couple of questions

by juli40

Hi there When I went to Arenas Doradas I gaved the maid make-up, toys (most of them have kids), pen & pencils, note book, towels for kitchen etc. I went to dollorama (Store for 1 $ ) and bought 40$ of gifts and the maid were very happy. We never gaved tips anywhere they told us it was all included in the price of our trip. but if you decide to give them some put it under your plate cause if the boss see that they might get fired. thats why I bought more gifts I would gived them out. its better that way. bring gum also the maid told me there kids were very happy about the gum. have a nice trip its a great place.

Comments