Iberostar Playa Alameda Hotel Varadero

Punta Hicacos Final, Cuba, Caribbean

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 49% less than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• hotel playa alameda

the hotel was great and food was very good and the service was excellent the personal was always happy and smiling and did what every they could to make your stay enjoyable the entertainment was wonderful the dancer were unbelievable what they could do the music was very great and made you want to move we enjoyed time we spent after supper in the court listening to the music and having a drink with our wonderful server Tanya she always made you feel special it was our first trip down and we will be back it was a very exciting and relaxing time

More about Iberostar Playa Alameda Hotel Varadero

O my gosh!!

by TripAdvisor Member WantSomeFunInTheSun

This is the coolest place i have ever been!! The staff is so friendly the pool is nice and cold and the beach is by far the nicest i have ever been to. The food is really good (the porkchops are unbelivablely good) there is so much to eat. The a la cartes were ok but the service wasnt too good. All the activites were fun and the shows were great. I would go back any day because this was the most fun place i have ever gone!!!!!!!!!11

lovely hotel and beach

my husband and i were in the lti hotel for two weeks in febuary 2003 we met up with friends there from canada, we had an amasing time the food was amasing in all the restrants the buffet had everything you could think off from salmons to beef hams cakes to die for ice cream mmm. the italian restarant was brilliant, as was the barbique. the beach is a little narrow but beautifull the sea warm and blue. the staff are amasingly friendly and fun people. we have stayed in lots off 5 star hotels in thiland,bail,srilanker,jamaca, and this one is up there with the rest huge rooms pretty marble bathroom, so we say yes, try it im sure you will not be disapointed, englanders.

get me out of here i'm meant to be on holiday!

The good the bad and the ugly were lucky we stayed for 2 weeks 31/12/03 to 14/01/04 not just 1week. This is not a 5* resort by any strech of imagination 3* at best. The reviews that say best holiday ever, best food, lovely etc, etc must be written by people who would think of a burger in a bus shelter as a slap up meal in a posh restaurant. The beer is poor, the bars are poorly stocked, the cocktails are poor, the snacks are a joke, go somewhere else not cuba, we talked to people in other hotels and it seems the same standards apply across the board. My shoes were stolen too. There is nothing to do , step outside the hotel and there is nothing there and i do mean nothing.We were glad to go home.

Had a wonderful time!!

My husband and I just got back from a week long stay at the LTI (now called the Maritim) on Sunday, February 8th. This was our first trip to Cuba and we had an absolutely wonderful time! Booked with Go Travel Direct and everything went smoothly...from our flights and accommodations to booking day trips at the resort. Armando was our rep at the hotel and he was great! I read a lot of reviews before we left and one thing I was ready to be disappointed with was the beach.
However, we were pleasantly surprised as it was beautiful! Always enough chairs and umbrellas available.....even had a waiter provide bar service on the beach!! The staff were excellent, the food fine (always lots to choose from), the coffee at the lobby bar divine, accommodations beautiful.....what more can I say. If we could, we'd be gone again tomorrow! Word of note...if you go to Cuba try to get into Havana, it's worth the trip - an amazing city. The catamaran day trip to Cayo Blanca was also an excellent deal....lobsters cooked on the boat, snorkeling and an afternoon on a beautiful island (sigh....take me back!!).

J. Smith

Beautiful Resort!

Just returned from an excellent 1 week ladies vacation Feb. 21. We booked and traveled with go travel direct out of Halifax and the process was seamless. They have a great online site and helpful staff.
We got a kick out of "Zoom Airlines" who we flew with but they proved to be excellent and even had good food on our flights. The resort was absolutely beautiful; I believe it is a little over a year old. The staff were extremely hospitable with the exception of the girl at the front desk. She was definitely the exception to the rule though. The staff in the restaurants, bars and room staff were very friendly and helpful. The other thing we were most impressed with was the level of cleanliness at this resort. Both our rooms and all public areas were kept extremely clean. The other thing that we liked about the rooms was that they were housed in 9 smaller buildings. This gave every room a chalet like feel. The rooms were also very large. We had been warned by friends who have traveled to Cuba previously that we should not expect the food to be anything to write home about. We were pleasantly surprised to find the food was good to excellent. There was great variety of healthy and "not so healthy" treats to be found at all meals. Wine was served with both lunch and dinner at the buffet with staff very eager to ensure your glass is full! The beach area was also very beautiful. This resort is found away from the majority of resorts in Varadaro. Due to this the beach was not too busy and there weren't too many vendors. The water was warm and shallow making for good swimming. This area is beginning to build up, there are a few resorts currently under construction so the serenity of this part of the beach will probably only last another year or so. The only disappointment, if you can call it that, was the majority of guests at this resort were couples so it isn't the best location for singles unless you are traveling with a large group. If you are looking for a relaxing location though, this is your spot. Oh yah, the drinks were great too, the Blue Varadaro was my favorite!

Lovely and laid back.....

we spent 11 wonderful nights at the LTI in mid-febuary and feel that the resort is just wonderful.upon arrival we got there early,our room was not ready but it was no big deal,we had drinks and lunch then were wisked to our very clean and spacious ocean view room.we had upgraded to oceanview and we had received complementry bathrobes,fruit basket and a bottle of rum.pedro our bell hop was truly a helpful and kind person.our room throughout the stay was cleaned early evry afternoon while we were at the beach,the housing staff were very trusting,polite and gracious for whatever we gave them from time to time.there's bottles water,beer and pop supplied daily at n/c in your room..don't forget to fill out the sheet. the food was not great,but it was very good.my husband is somewhat a picky eater and he had lot's to eat. the cuban and the itailian resetraunts were very lovely and the food there was excellent. we treated ourselves a few time to some great tasting spanish wines that we thoughly injoyed.(these you pay extra for, but it's not very pricy).the beach...i can't beileve what some reviews say.we thought the beach was BEAUTIFUL.it was very clean,lots of lapalapas and chairs.very wide and sandy white. the water was sooo clean and calm,very relaxing.you can literly walk for miles.it was certainly our type of beach.we did not go to the shows although we heard they were very good.the resort to us was perfect with that laid back feeling.the staff....the most helpful,wonderful people that we came across.all it takes is a smile and don't be impatient if waiting for a drink and their busy...we enjoyed and talked with all the staff...trully an asset for the resort.i left/gave several staff barretts,toothpaste/clothes etc...just something we wanted to do.last but not least...we are not the "tour type" people,however we did spend a day in havana...a must.the people,buildings,culture etc......we will definetly go back to the LTI...if you are looking at going and have any ???,we'd be glad to help out.

Paddling around the lagoonPaddling around the lagoon

Facing the quiet pool from the lobbyFacing the quiet pool from the lobby

Beach at the RIUBeach at the RIU

"La Orquidea" Gourmet Restaurant"La Orquidea" Gourmet Restaurant

anyone going to Iberostar Playa Alameda Veradero soon?

by luwebby

Hello. I just returned from a 7 day vacation in Cuba. We stayed at the Iberostar Playa Alameda resort in Veradero. My husband and I befriended a local Cuban lady who works at the hotel. Her story is amazing and heart-warming and I would love to send her a small package so if you are travelling to this hotel any time soon, please contact me if you can spare some extra room in your luggage. She speaks English well and won't be hard to find since her desk is located in the main lobby. TIA nino905@hotmail.com

Re: anyone going to Iberostar Playa Alameda Veradero soon?

by luwebby

I'm willing to compensate a little $$ for any trouble, thanks:)

Re: anyone going to Iberostar Playa Alameda Veradero soon?

by kmcalgary

Where are you located? I will be staying at the Iberostar Varadero just down the road at the end of January and could likely drop it off on my ventures.

Playa Alameda Varadero 8th June till 22nd June

by Pinky_x

Hi,

My and my boyfriend are going here, we were wondering if anyone else is going the same time? Or if anyone has been to this hotel and what is the hotel like?

Pinky x

any seafood other than resort

by sunburnedtraveller

I'm going to Playa Alameda Jan 5-12 and haven't heard too much news about the seafood there other than the Cayo Blanco day trip were lobster is $10 on top of the $75 day trip, any locals to catch seafood for us. Are there other excurtions outside of the resort to take without the large resort fee.

Comments