Lti Tuxpan Resort Hotel

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 38% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• cheryl_the_mermaid's Profile Photo

Italian Cuban Beachfront Resort

It was my first all-inclusive resort stay. I was a spolied brat! But, if I had to be critical, I wouls say this. I loved the Tuxpan, but I wish there was more Cuban than Italian culture. The managers and entertainers are mostly Italian. BUT, this has now made me really want to go to Italy! The food was pretty good, and had a great selection. They had 2 main restaraunts and 1 snack bar. The drinks were pretty good too. The entertainment was.... entertaining. Never swam and only saw people onmce in the big beautiful pool and I don't know why. The rooms were clean. housekeeping staff real friendly, and so was everyone else that worked there. I don;t know the price per night because I got the trip as a hotel and air package. Overall, it was quite enjoyable!

Unique Quality: It was right on the beach, so this was great. It was a bit un-warm at the time of year I went, but it was still hot enough. Accessibility to the beach I think was the best feature. That, and the snack bar crew are some really cool and friendly Cubans!

More about Lti Tuxpan Resort Hotel

The first time I went, I...

by jenniferhen

The first time I went, I stayed in the LTI Tuxpan and was very happy with it! No it was not the nicest place ever but it was my first holiday ever and it lived up to every expectation that I had. The staff were super friendly and interesting, I had an amazing time.
It was a trip I had won so I do not know...probabley 1$1200 CAD to $1500 CAD for one week all inclusive. It is a typical all inclusive with an amazingly beautiful beach.

Tuxpan Resort Varadero Cuba Review

by ChristieLynn about Tuxpan Hotel

warning to take bug spray for the sand fleas as a couplepeople did get them* itchy mosquito bites really is what they are-

-go minimum 4 star in Cuba- the star standards there are MUCH lower than Canada, USA or Mexico* food to be expected not so great-I didn't mind it-as I'm used to the Cuban buffet all inclusive- 3 a la carte restaurants here- book them right away the first day or you can't get in! be sure to book the seafood one asap as it's on the beach! Tuxpan hotel itself was very nice-I would go again- beds are hard as rock-I expected that in Cuba anyway- hotel fairly clean- water not so hot for showering-

beach at this hotel gorgeous and clean- it's semi-private beach so not many cubans-

um... what else? I didn't do the trips- ran and suntanned & drank beer* Varadero- gorgeous clean beach where I was anyway-

felt very safe in Cuba- much more than Dominican or Mexico-

didn't really need to pay the upgrade too the all inclusive lounge at the airport for day of departure- I didn't know anybody who paid it- we were done with the booze anyway & felt it was just a cash grab*** lol* but yes to keep the $25 Pesos ready- for day of departure otherwise you can't get out off the country!- in room safes worked good* do not lose your passport down there or you'll have big time trouble getting home-

yes take down tshirts to give away to locals- and toothpaste n shampoos -they love that- bandaids and stuff for them too -Running shoes they really want- backpacs-medical supplies really important-

be careful if you're getting the cuban cigars that you're getting the real thing-

thought Sunwing travel was great-you get a glass of Champagne to kick off the flight & wine with your little flight meal*

yes I liked the hotel & lobby bar & pool bar- Nestor & William great servers at the 24 hour bar & sometimes they get rotated into main dining lounge- take them stuff for their families* any other questions about Tuxpan Varadero hotel or sunwing travel for 2009- that I just got back from- email me at christiemccarthy@rogers.com

I paid $875 taxes included for one person-and booked the day before I left- I would book a week or 2 ahead for the best deals next time-again I went to www.selloffvacations.com to find it- it was one of the trips rolling up the middle of the screen* package again was with Sunwing airlines- yes I'd book similar travel again*

Cheers! (:- pool was great- do not order the steak at the El Rancho a-la carte- it was really tough- have the chicken at that restaurant- coffee in main restaurant really thick-but it worked*** (:- beach gorgeous & beach bar* pool great too I thought*

Our recent visit to the Tuxpan

We have been to the Tuxpan on two previous occasions but on this third visit have found a deteriation in the management of the hotel. The hotel now caters primarily to Italians; we found the Italian guests to be very pleasant people but the organizers for social activities spoke entirely in Italian thereby making North American citizens feel like second class citizens. The quality of food at times was not very appetizing, the range of food at times was limited and not hot enough (in heat). There was an over abundance of pasta, no ice cream and the desserts were repetitious. We found the Cuban hotel staff very helpful and courteous. As a result of these experiences we will not consider returning to the Tuxpan.

Small Club in the Tuxpan Resort

by cheryl_the_mermaid about La Bamba

So I heard this place was real fun. It was okay, but not amazing. Usually was the same music everynite but if you go there once or twice, you'll have fun. Free drinks and entrance if you're a guest at the tuxpan, otherwise its $10 and all you can drink. Has great potential, just needs more people in it. New Years Eve though at this club was a blast!!!! No dresscode as I can see... just no bikinis or swimming trunks!

Mixed feelings

We were at Tuxpan the first two weeks in March, and we left with somewhat mixed feelings about the resort. On the one hand, the Cuban staff were wonderful, gracious and very accommodating. They took care of our every request, even upgrading our room to give us an ocean view.
Rooms were clean, the maid service was thorough, the beaches were lovely and the weather was terrific. But, we will echo some of the previous reviews regarding the new Italian management and ownership. We speak English, not a word of Italian, and felt sometimes like we were second-class tourists at the Tuxpan. The food was heavy on the pasta, which is a nice alternative every now and then, but not a staple. The entertainment manager went out of his way to cater to the Italian crowd, and even insulted the English-speaking visitors, telling us (over the p.a. system) "For those of you speaking English, if you don't like it, talk to your travel agent." He told us later in private that this is an Italian club. He also accused us of not liking Italians.
Most of them are terrific. This guy, on the other hand, was a jerk.
Safe to say, we loved Cuba and its people, but not the Tuxpan. Would not recommend it -- unless you can speak Italian.

Cuba Si

My husband and I are returning to the Tuxpan for the 5th time we realy like the staff at the Hotel, everyone is trying to make our stay as easy and comfortable as possible. We are also meeting up with two other couples who are returning guests we love the beach and the location, we are not worried about other guests we are there for the good times. We also feel very save in Varadero and take long walks into town we tried a few restaurants and the food is very good. Varadero has the best beach and the water is incredible, also home cooking will always be the best but you are in the Caribean. We have been many places but we like the Tuxpan in Varadero the best. We will always go back there, could someone tell us if Roberto is still at the Piano Bar? Thanks

good location

Read the reviews before we stayed at the Tuxpan so I had an idea what to expect, all in all pretty accurate. beach was excellent, staff were great, front desk was very efficient. Beer was good, bed was hard but I slept well! Italians are Italian in every way. Food was OK but after a few days a little repetitive.

Too Italian

Spent a week at the Tuxpan in March. The beaches, pool area are wonderful. Couldn't ask for anything more.

The rooms are very small - and I mean small! If you want to watch TV you must lie on the bed! And they are extraordinarily hard! I ended up with a bad back - which is unusual for me.

Bathrooms aren't bad but should be rated three star.

Food was not at all satisfactory. Gets very tiring having the same food day after day. Shortage of meat and/or pork and chicken. They served chicken wings as a main meat dish - no meat on them. Often we did not have any meat of any kind and with luck filled up on cheese and/or eggs. Too many pasta dishes - day after day after day!

The Italians themselves are fine but the Entertainment Director (and I use that term loosely) catered day and night to the Italians. Some of us would have happily joined in the exercise and dance classes but we need to be invited - and believe me this was not forthcoming.

Staff were great - courteous, polite, friendly. I love Cuba and the way it has developed over past years but I would think twice about the Tuxpan. there must be a better run hotel someplace.

You'll have a blast.... IF you're Italian!

I just came back from Varadero on the 27th of March after spending 1 week at the Valtur Tuxpan (used to be LTI) with my boyfriend. Before leaving I read the comments on this site and thought the ?Italian situation? can't be that bad... well let me tell you, we weren't impressed. Everything at the resort is geared towards the Italians. The Animation people speak primarily Italian and Spanish. Even the aerobic and dance sessions are done in Italian! Another example is the band that usually plays at the restaurant every evening, well, they get routed to the lobby on Friday nights when a new ?batch of Italians?arrives on site. The Canadians don't get the band and little drinks upon our arrival!The food is average with a definite Italian twist which is nice for the first 3 days but then you quickly get sick of eating pasta and there are just not enough food choices.With regards to the hotel, it's very clean. The rooms are what I would say is of a decent size but the beds are very hard. The staff in general is very friendly aside for some of the front desk ladies which just don't know what customer service is all about.On a positive note, the beach in front of the hotel is really beautiful and there are a lot more umbrella trees and chair room at the Tuxpan than in other hotels nearby.Although this hotel is rated a 4 stars in the brochures, I would give it 3.5 because of the overall set up and lack of restaurant choices (1 buffet and 1 a la carte). If you don't mind being treated like a second rate citizen (aka non-Italian), then you'll have fun at the Tuxpan! ;o)

TUXPAN

by yeps

me and some friends are taking a trip to varadero from feb 24th - march 3rd. i just wanted to know if there's gonna be anyone around to meet.

RE: TUXPAN

by raoul71

you're gonna find plenty of russian, canadian and italian people in there!
just don't expect to find cuban people!
:-)

RE: TUXPAN

by Guyaneseboi

hey, i've stayed at the tuxpan before...had a blast....

i'll be at the brisas del caribe (feb24-mar3)....dont know what to expect yet....but i'm on vac and that's all that matters.

Comments