Oasis Varadero 1920 Varadero

HotelsClick

Keeps you on the toilet

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 27, 2010

Was expecting at least a half decent resort and didn't get that at all. I walked into the reception and after checking into my room went down to an empty resort. If you're looking for a nice stretch of beach and half decent shows then they got it. If you're looking to get the runs, they had that too. Food was horrible. No flavor!! They even served me raw pork one day. Pools were nice and it was very relaxing because the resort was so dead. First room I got was crap. Lights didn't work TV didn't work properly. Second room was better but had to ask 5 times to change the radio cause it didn't work and beds did not feel comfortable.

Unique Quality: Close to town which was a good thing. Pools were nice but smaller one wasn't open late. Renovations were being done. Hotel was huge but big is not always better. My recomendation TRY SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!!

Junglejym9's Profile Photo

Don't have a lot of expectations

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 11, 2005

This is a large resort with a great beach front. I didn’t go there with a lot of expectations, but I would recommend a different resort. The Cuban government runs this hotel and needs more experience with customer service and hotel management.

The front desk is disorganized and there was a mob of pissed and cranky tourists trying to get rooms. We arrived in the morning and had to wait till 3 PM to get a room. We had to change clothes in the bathroom.

Our room was in the haciendas building a quarter mile away from the main area. It was quiet out there but you’ll get your exercise walking back and forth to the main hotel, pool, bar and eating areas.

We asked for 2 beds and were stuck with one queen size bed and a cot. They wouldn’t change our room. We traded beds mid-week. We had ants in the room so don’t leave food lying around. Thankfully they didn’t bite. Didn’t get maid service one day, and they are stingy with the soap.

The facility was really clean. There was a beach bar closer to us that served food, and a second area that served pizza and salad.

Lastly, don’t leave your stuff on the beach. I had a hotel towel stolen and they charged $20 for it.

Unique Quality: All inclusive resort.

Nearby Oasis Varadero 1920 Varadero

1 Photo of Oasis Varadero 1920 Varadero

Amenities at Oasis Varadero 1920 Varadero

• Restaurant
  • Swimming Pool
  • Fitness Center

Varadero Travel Forum

Need advice about Varadero, Cuba? Visit the Travel Forum for Varadero and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Varadero hotel reviews