Paradisus Varadero

See Amenities

A Great Place To Stay!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 14, 2011

We spent a few days at the Paradisus Varadero in August 2011. It was our first trip to Cuba, and we weren't sure what to expect. What we got, was an excellent vacation in perfect surroundings.

It's a pretty common theme that the staff at these Cuban hotels are friendly. We'd certainly concur, but what really impressed us was that they tried so hard. Everyone was prepared to go above and beyond to see that our needs were met, and that our stay was as good as it could be.

People say Royal service is worth it, and I'll bet it is.; but our stay in a regular Junior Suite in the main part of the complex lacked for nothing. If Royal Service seems a bit out of reach financially, there is absolutely no reason to forego the regular accommodation.

We were very impressed with this resort and most especially, with the excellent staff. We're looking forward to a return visit as soon as possible.

SabrinaSummerville's Profile Photo

Gorgeous All Inclusive Resort

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 10, 2008

I had been longingly reading about this hotel more or less since it opened, and so I was delighted when I had the opportunity to go to Cuba in late December 2007. You know how it is, you build a holiday on a dream, and I had visions of the lovely split level bedrooms and hand painted wall friezes of this hotel. You can therefore imagine my shock and disappointment to arrive there shortly before midnight on 27th December only to discover that the hotel had no reservation for my Mother and I. We had received confirmation of our reservation in May 2007.

It transpires that sometime in October the hotel decided not to honour our reservation and claim to have informed our Cuban travel rep of this. Nobody bothered to inform me. The hotel had been paid for by me in advance.

They re-allocated me to their sister hotel, the Princesa del Mar - but that's the subject of a seperate review. In the meantime, they make no secret of the fact that their reservations cannot be depended on!!!!!

Suffice to say that we were very unhappy at the P del M and were re allocated to the Paradisus Varadero after one week and stayed there for four nights. We absolutely loved the place.

Because of my initial experience with the hotel it is hard to tick the correct satisfaction box, and so I have ticked it on the basis of my impression on staying there, uncoloured by the reservation issue.

Unique Quality: From the moment you enter the elegant and vast wood and water lobby of this stunning resort you know you're somewhere special. The lobby bar is always busy but never overcrowded, and a variety of live music thrums in the air, varying as the day and night progresses.

Not only is this hotel directly on the beach, but most of the rooms in the low rise complex of 16 unit bungalows are beachfront. The beach is long and clean and very well stocked with shady umbrellas and sunbeds. Pedaloes, catamarans, banana boats, canoes and other water sports are at your disposal, all included in the holiday price.

The atmosphere is full of fun - for all ages. Giant chess and draughts occupy shady corners of the gardens, numerous beach and pool bars serve generous cocktails, and again music fills the outdoor air without being intrusive.

For me the highlight was the ecological reserve that directly adjoined the hotel. I spent many happy hours here with my trusty camera, photographing coral and fossils and shells.

The staff are friendly, and when you are offered and hand woven palm leaf hat you need not automatically suspect that you have to pay for it - this is a genuine gift from a gardener or worker in the hotel.

Food was really good and although the food in the buffet was more or less the same every night, there was terrific choice. There are also five or six a la carte restaurants to choose from, including Italian, steakhouse, Cuban, Romantic etc.

Although a little tired with age, the rooms are very pretty indeed and are well furnished. The beds are a little hard, but you will nevertheless sleep soundly as you will be tired out from the delightful activities that surround you.

The main pool is enormous and freeform in shape, and there is also an olympic sized dedicated swimming pool. A little warning - the water is always freezing.

I would thoroughly recommend this hotel - but keep checking your reservation to the last!!!!!

Nearby Paradisus Varadero

• Continental Breakfast
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Varadero Travel Forum

Need advice about Varadero, Cuba? Visit the Travel Forum for Varadero and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Varadero hotel reviews

La Bamba
Sun Protection
International Food
Restaurants
Dine with a Peacock... named Rene...
Restaurants
Great Food, Outstanding Views!
Catamaran Day Tour
Little Oasis in the Heart of Varadero
Many ways to get around
went here when La Gruta del Vino closed
Nightlife options in Varadero
Taxis, buses, carriages...
As safe as home!
Warnings and Dangers
Food in Cuba? It's really not that bad!
Explore the town of Varadero
Things to Do
This is why people go to Varadero!
Juan Gualberto Gómez Airport
Rogue Chickens...
Warnings and Dangers
Try the Chicken Sandwich!!
Best restaurant in Varadero in 2011
Restaurants
Lobster Skewer and Mojito to live for!
Restaurants
The Seafood here is Wonderful!!
Indescribable Paradise