Carretera de las Morlas, , Cuba, 42200, Caribbean

Costs 161% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• cadiana88's Profile Photo

My sweet honeymoon...

I stayed a week in 1994 during my honeymoon, when the hotel was named 'Sol Palmeras'.

We spent a fabulous week, enjoying the hotel amenities, the friendly staff and the superb location.

Unique Quality: Great views of the nearby sea and beaches.
    Wonderful pool.
    Excellent shows at nigth (in five laguages!!)
    Quiet place!!!

• lapsycrafter's Profile Photo

Veradero Hotel

Just returned from a week at Sol Elite Palmeras. Very nice hotel. Easy check in, friendly and helpful staff. Our room had a nice patio looking onto the pool and a short walk to the beautiful clean beach. Lots of choices for full meals or snacks.
    We had dinner at the steak house,(not our favorite) Italian, Cuban, (my favorite) and Chinese. We were a group of 13, most of the evenings.
    Buffet was plentiful with many choices.
    Would certainly recommend this hotel

• hanspeter_W.'s Profile Photo

great allin beach hotel in varadero

The All Inclusive Resort Sol Palmeras is located alongside magnificent Varadero beach. The resort is part of the Las Américas Resort hotel complex. Right next to Varadero golf course, close to the new Plaza Americas Shopping Centre and 8 km from the town of Varadero. 35.5 km distance from Varadero airport and 140 km from Havana airport.Rooms
    376 Double rooms, 28 Junior Suites and 4 Suites
    Laundry service
    Doctor on call 24-hours
    Facilities for the disabled
    Car park

Unique Quality: wonderful beach, excellent food

• One of Varadero's Best

I stayed at the Sol Palmeras in 2006. A great all inclusive four/five star family orientated hotel. Very clean. Wonderfully friendly staff, Great pools, incredible beach and lots of Child Friendly activities.

An all round Great Experience. Would definitely stay there again.

Unique Quality: Pool Side Bar. Three In Hotel Bars. One Buffet Restaurant and three Specialty Restaurants. Offers a Bus to and from Varadero Airport and has a very unique free Shuttle train for getting around the property and to local shopping.

• All Inclusive

Sol Palmeras is a great complex. The staff are very friendly and the accommodation is good. Some fellow guests staying in the bungalows complained of insects in the bungalows, but there were none in the hotal. However the food is not that great, the buffet has a variety of food but it is cooked in an interesting way. Also it is the only restraunt that is not air conditioned. The other restraunts on site you have to book for but they do not serve the quality of food that you would expect of a similar restraunt at home.
    There is a lot of poverty in Cuba and staff relay upon their tips. It is usual to give 1 or 2 pesos for a small service and to leave a 1 peso daily tip for the chambermaid.
    If you have any spare clothes?shoes (even if used) or any cosmetics or shampoo (especially toothpaste or tampons) please do leave them either in your room or give them to your rep, they ensure that those in desperate need receive them.
    If you 'roll your own' cigarettes take all papers, tips and tobacco with you as you cannot get them in Cuba.

• mwe's Profile Photo

Varadero hotels

It was simply called "Sol Palmeras" in 1993, so I assume it's the same hotel as Sol Elite Palmeras in the VT drop-down prompt.
    Sol Palmeras is a hotel, which also has bungalows in its grounds. It borders onto a very good beach. Food was of a high standard, service was generally good. The rooms were excellent. The gardens were lush & well-maintained.
    Can't remember how much it cost. I know it wasn't the cheapest in Varadero, but it was cheaper (& better value for money) than most Caribbean destinations.

• PeterPanandWendy's Profile Photo

Cuba, Si!

Loved it enough to return three times this year! We enjoy the bungalow because the bedroom and livingroom are separate. Enjoyed the hummingbirds hovering by the patio. Had a lovely little dog that hungout with us one trip - sorry that we didn't find her again on the others. The servers in the steakhouse are awesome - especially Raulito - what a sweetheart. The chambermaids are also very sweet - we love coming into the room to find the beautiful towel swans! Barbara even taught me how to make my own - it is a great way to let Peter know I'm ready for another trip!

Unique Quality: The beach is incredible - very clean, warm, inviting.

More about Sol Elite Palmeras

Sol Palmeras

I just like to notice that the hotel Sol Palmeras is exellent and very very nice with almost perfect services(tip is very helpfull) and all inclusive paggage is 150% of value compare to other hotels (Club Amigo). Dont take in Cuba hotels with less than 4 stars.

Sol Palmeras a delight

We have just arrived home from Sol Elite Palmeras and would not hesitate to return to that paradise on Varadero Beach. The staff was friendly and helpful and in many cases multi-talented and we were delighted at the variety of entertainment offered throughout the day and in the evenings. We had been warned not to expect much in the way of food in Cuba so were astounded at the abundance and variety and number of venues available to enjoy our meals. At noon it was especially delightul to have barbecued fresh fish on the beach. The morning stretching /yoga sessions by the sea side created a healthy and peaceful state of mind for the rest of the day's activities. The beach is beautiful and long enough to obtain peace and quiet if desired or to place oneself in activities. The water was exquisite. The hotel was not overbearing or obstentatious but contained comfortable and nicely decorated rooms, reception and entertainment areas. The only difficulty we encountered was the electrical system which on some occasions simply went out but was soon back in order. Many of the guests were from South America, particularly Argentina and many were from Europe as well as Canada which provided an interesting mix. April is also a great month to visit Cuba.

Best Vacation Ever!

Where do I start....CUBA is the best place ever!....I went to Cuba from February 29 to March 7 2004 with my parents and sister and we enjoyed everything about the place. It has everything from entertainment, activities on and off the beach and dancing at the disco. The Sol Palmeras was one of the nicest lobbies I ever seen. HUGE and spacious except for the smoking 24 hrs daily. The only regret I had about going to CUBA was the airport. They take to long but its worth the wait. They scout your passport and want to make sure every detail matches the description. Above all, the airport can be a faze because when you get to the resort you forget about everything. This hotel makes all your dreams come true. The beach is unbelievable and the people are exceptional. The shows they put on at night are very well choreographed and the disco plays all the top hits with a bit of a Spanish twist!
There are 3 al le cart restaurants, Barbecue, Italian and Chinese. The barbecue is a spin-off of Cuban food so skip that because its awful, Italian is the average meal, but the Chinese is the best I ever eaten.
Throughout the resort there are 200 bungalows that you can walk through on the grounds which are well kept. It feels like a little city of your own and you can take a train to go visit the mall and the other two resorts connected to the Melia chain. We were on the third floor and had a good view of the pool. Every Friday they have a 'Beach Party' that is on the beach. It has everything from dancing to drinking and also a little stripping. You have to see for your own self. I was very surprised about how nice the workers are, which speak five languages, but you do have to worry about the rest of the tourists. A lot of Europeans, so if you are Canadian, don't expect to see a lot. Overall this resort is one I would go back to as I am playing next year for the same time, the weather is amazing and palm trees are everywhere if you need some shade from the sun. If anyone has any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to write. ~Olla~

Very good!

We (a couple in our mid-twenties) just came back from Cuba. Spent there almost 2 weeks  first 3 days in Havana and the rest in Varadero, Sol Palmeras and it was just fantastic! The weather was very warm and always sunny, the food was good and the rum coctails were superb. And we have never met so warm, friendly and joyful people as we did there. Our maid Carmen was lovely  she left us letters and wished us the best and was very thankful of the little presents we left her. She even made a heart out of towel! It was very sweet. The activity team was great  always got people participating, they were very friendly and fun to be with. The bartenders at the lobby bar were the best  especially Ernesto, Jesus, Alberto and Risdel. They were always smiling (even when they were very busy) and mixed our coctails as their first priority, gave me flowers and so many compliments! And they made the best coctails and cappuccino. Jesus was good at Pina Colada and Mojito, Ernesto made the best Ron Collins, Risdel handled our cappuccinos and Alberto was just a kiss-*** :) He was good at smiling, making compliments and cleaning tables. Actually, Risdel was very good at drinks as well, great Ron Collins and Mojito, not so good Pina Colada, though :). BTW, if you think they are crazy about the dollars  think again! Ordinary cuban people have nothing to do with $$$, they are not allowed to go to stores you can buy stuff for dollars, these stores are for tourists only. They have a chance to sell the dollars for local pesos at the official rate of 1:1. Which means that the government takes 24/25th of the tip you give them and they get only 1/25th, the real ratio is 1:25. And they collect tip in a jar to give it to the boss and divide it equally at the end of the day. So, if you would like to be served, be nice to them and do not think of them as your servants. He d rather be your friend than a poor servant of yours. We spent at least a few hours at the lobby bar every night and saw plenty of cocky Canadians and Russians with one dollar bills in their hands, waving and shouting for waiters to come. Well, it doesn t work like that. You wait patiently for your first 4-5 drinks and remember to be nice to them. And soon they will come to you every ten minutes asking if everything was alright and if you d like anything to drink. And please, do not take your 2 liter buckets with you to the bar! If you see someone with one of those, you can be 99,9% sure it s a Canadian. I know, all tourists are stupid and irresponsible when abroad, but do try to be human beings. If I was a Canadian, I think I would have been embarrassed of my such compatriots. The food was good, but we really missed spices. The a la carte restaurants were nice  the service in the Chinese restaurant was the best, but the food was a bit greasy. In the Italian restaurant they served tap wather from the bottles (terrible taste and smell of chlorine), but otherwise the food was alright  especially the tomato soup. The food at BBQ wasn t all great, still eatable though. We went there for lunch one day as well. After we had finished our meals, a waitress came to our table for the first time, asking if we wanted anything to drink. She soon realized her tiny mistake and was a bit embarrassed. We understood that she wasn t rude but she just didn t notice us. And these things can happen. But these small issues with the food didn t bother us at all. The evening enterntainment was also good  especially the beach party. We also visited the Fun Club and I was karaoke queen that night and that was a lot of fun. The next morning wasn t that great :). My boyfriend said he had like 15 drinks and it was his 40 minutes of fun that night. Well, actually we spent more than two hours down there, Ernesto was making Pina Coladas and Ron Collinses without asking and everyhing was great.Sol Palmeras hotel was great, we would recommend it to everyone and we will definitely go back there (hopefully as soon as possible)! Best vacation ever!

Russian Volga taxi & 4-star Sol Palmeras Hotel.Russian Volga taxi & 4-star Sol Palmeras Hotel.

Sol Palmeras

by JoJah

Hi!

Hoping to get feedback & advice from anyone who's stayed at the Sol Palmeras?

Also, looking for suggestions as I'm about to book a 2 week anniversary trip to Varadero with my hubby...anyone suggest other resorts besides Sol Palmeras? I've checked out most all of the Varadero resorts online, always better to hear directly from people who have been there. Thanks in advance!!

Jo.

RE: Sol Palmeras

by AnjaV

Reviews Sol palmeras:

Good luck

RE: RE: Sol Palmeras

by JoJah

Thanks AnjaV! I've already read most all of those postings at Trip Advisor, was hoping there might be other forum members here who would have additional infos...

-Jo

RE: RE: Sol Palmeras

by Jojojo79

I am a travel agent and i can honestly say i would avoid this hotels. Many people complain about it. ( food etc..)
Personally i would look at one of the Iberostar hotels.

Comments