Varadero Internacional

#43 of 107 hotels in Varadero
Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 3 reviews

Romantic Travel and Honeymoons Family Travel

OH MY GOD!!!!!!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 27, 2011

I'm not sure where to start. I read the reviews and gave this hotel the benefit of the doubt but we arrived there the evening of March 20 and left the morning of March 21 to a different hotel. The hotel was broken down, literally, there was broken concrete, very dirty and no hot water in our room and there was mold on the walls. The airconditioner was so loud that you couldn't keep in on. We got no sleep that night - disco blasts until 6:00 am and the doors to hotel room have a screen inside so you can hear everything. I couldn't eat any of the food in the morning and we just got the hell out of there. Wouldn't have been so upset but the pics and description on internet is very deceiving. Very disappointed but my vacation turned out amazing the 5 days after that.
Travellers beware of misleading information to this hotel. I have stayed in motels and hostels that were much better than this. Even the doorman shook my hand when we left that morning in a cab and told me that he completely agreed with our decision and the internet has false advertising about this hotel.

Unique Quality: The beach - and that's it.

Going Back

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 11, 2007

My husband and I stayed at this hotel March 2006. It's the closest hotel to the beach in all of Varadero. The sand is 20 steps from the patio. The staff were extremely friendly, the hotel lobby is beautiful but the rooms are pretty basic. We had an ocean view room and the view was absolutely magnificent! The food was definately the only drawback in my opinion. There is a grill at the pool and the food is much better there. We ate only at the grill once we realized that it was there( were not pool people) This is more a of R$R hotel. There wasn't a whole lot of partying going on.
We found that the guests were split as far as enjoying the resort. This was our first vacation so we were just glad to be there. Some of the more seasoned travellers complained a bit but this is Cuba. Hello, if your looking for a vacation that Oprah would enjoy, go someplace else.
We are planning to go back March 2007. While we were there the staff said the hotel was closing for renovations. Does anyone know if this has been done?

Unique Quality: Great beach

teddie12's Profile Photo

Beware, Do not go to this hotel, bad service!!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 16, 2005

we arrived there at around 9:00p.m. and there was 6 couples including us, went to check into the hotel, front desk there was one guy working there only, barely spoke english took us 30 min for us to checkin because he was the only guy there.
when we checked in our room, we were hungry so we decided to go downstairs and eat at the buffet, GUESS WHAT ? THEY KICKED US OUT AND TOLD US IT WAS CLOSED, because they close at 8:45 p.m.
IMAGE HUNGRY AND TRIED FROM TRAVELING and cannot eat that night!!!
I mean all of us that checked in this hotel 6 couples could not believe that we cannot eat , because the buffet was closed.
NOBODY AT THE HOTEL made any sort of arrangments for us to eat past 9:00p.m.
I found this unbelivable and unacceptable at the same time, that this hotel does nothing to extend the hours when they know that people checkin late like this.
The lobby bar the service was based on tips if you tip him you get service if you don't well guess what, you will wait before you get served there were times we waited 10-15mins for our drinks.
The staff at the buffet let's not go there!!!
but I will, they never smiled at all , most of the time you had to ask them for forks, glass , knife and napkins, never bothered to do it without you asking them. we got the impression from them that it seemed like they were doing us a favor everytime we asked them for something that was missing on the table.Never smiled!!!
The hotel animation just plain sucked every night was boring. Have the time the elevator did not work, walked five floors, showers thats a good one, the water would instanily run burning hot on and off while you are showering, I mean no joke the water would be so hot that it would burn my back, nothing to do with suntan , this would happen every time we would take a shower.
Smiles and service were based on tips only!!! The food well, expect to lose weight if you are picky, not much of a choice for a food selection.
More than half the staff at the hotel barely or not spoke english.
Do not book at this hotel

Unique Quality: We had a good view of the beach and the ocean, very nice.That was about it for this hotel. I could say.

1 Photo of Varadero Internacional

Varadero Travel Forum

Need advice about Varadero, Cuba? Visit the Travel Forum for Varadero and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Varadero hotel reviews